Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Avadon 2 is $5, for a pretty good old school RPG.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Phenotype posted:

Thanks for that -- I now have it downloading courtesy of the other SA Mart Steam game seller (hiddenmovement wasn't on). I don't think the Russian keys are kosher for SA, though. I remember hearing something about how it's arbitrage(?) and if not exactly illegal, then pretty close.

You guys suggested Divinity and Shadowrun last night when I was asking about Final Fantasy Tactics clones, though. I guess I'm set for a while with Divinity, but are there any good FFT-style RPGs that have come out in the last few years? I tend to compare Divinity more to Baldur's Gate, which is turn-based strategy, I suppose, but wrapped up in the WRPG exploration package. I'm thinking more of "Here is a battle, now tinker with your men, now here is another battle." The closest I've played in the last few years was The Banner Saga, but that game was kinda meh. Totally worth buying, though, if only because it had fantastic illustrations and worldbuilding, and it's the sort of indie game where you can tell a ton of their cash went into actually building the engine, and so the game isn't as fleshed out as you'd like. But you can tell that, if they can afford to make another game to reuse the engine on, it'll be fantastic -- there's a ton of potential there if they could spend the majority of their budget on working on the actual game.

Have you tried Skulls of the Shogun?

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

Lance Streetman posted:

Xseed finally gave a release date and price point to The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky. It's coming out on the 29th, and will be $19.99 (though it'll be 15% off for the first week). Also they apparently did a number on the game's code so it now supports widescreen resolutions, among a number of other changes.

For those who haven't been keeping up with this, Trails in the Sky is a turn-based RPG made by Falcom (the Ys guys) that was released way back when, and only just recently got an English release on the PSP. This version is the original PC version, with all the features from the PSP version added in.

I'm glad TitS is finally coming to Steam.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

Sounds like a game that I'll be happy to spend $6 on.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

Yeah if any of you enjoy SNES era RPG's buy the poo poo out of Tales in the Sky. I beat it on PSP and I hope it does bangbusters on Steam so we see more ports.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

Tales of Maj'Eyal is a hard god drat game, luckily there is an easy mode with infinite lives. The game has 1700+ achievements.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

Anger issues much? I thought the last chapter was fine except for all the button mashing.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

CommissarMega posted:

I heard Trails in the Sky had some problems- have those been fixed?

There was a patch that fixed the majority of the issues. I have no doubt any other problems will be fixed too.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

I thought it was good before that, so it's probably best you just stop wasting your time.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

Yeah just quit. No one here is going to convince you otherwise, especially if you've played it and quit multiple times.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

I played the entire game on the PSP and don't remember that, so I don't think it happens throughout the entire game. Probably should quit though if it bothers you so much.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

gradenko_2000 posted:

I just want to say you're doing the Lord's work posting about all these deals.

Whatever happened to AmazonTony, anyway?

He moved to a different department at Amazon and was replaced by AmazonJosh who hosed off to reddit and some other sites.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

Lance Streetman posted:

Speaking of JRPGs, I just picked up Trails in the Sky and it's really good. There's nothing overly amazing or groundbreaking about it, but it's a well-made turn-based JRPG with a lot of heart. It was also released on PCs first, so the keyboard and mouse controls work rather well.

Ed: Also the music is really good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7bGsXVmEfo

PCs first? It's been on PSP for years.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

VodeAndreas posted:

Yeah there's only 2 story companions at the moment, otherwise you can fill in your empty spots with whoever you want from the Hall of Heroes.

Really? I've found like 5 star stones but my hall of heroes is always empty.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

Rifftrax really needs to be on Steam.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

Can you still start BG1 with a character, take him through Tales of the Sword Coast, import him into BG2 and then Throne of Baal? Cause that poo poo owned, even taking with you the various pantaloons.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

I wouldn't, I've played much worse.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

Sunrider is also free.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

That's a pretty good bundle.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

Someone is gonna have to review that Airship Dragoon game. 100 hours campaign length? Sure, ok.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

Drifter posted:

I thought Bayonetta 2 was coming to PC? maybe I lied to myself.

No it's not. It's fully funded by Nintendo.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

I just wish the Steam ver of Alpha Protocol had controller support.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

Crappy Jack posted:

It totally does. I played the whole thing multiple times with a 360 controller.

Wow, no poo poo. I thought for sure that it wasn't. Awesome, time to replay on a non-360!

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

My favorite NPC in all games.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

Werner-Boogle posted:

I can't find a "recommend me a game" thread so I'm gonna ask here instead.

I'm looking for a very specific sort of game. I work a nighttime surveyliance kind of job, so I have a lot of downtime with my laptop. I'm looking for a game I can play with just my laptop mouse pad and keyboard, that I can put down at a seconds notice if I have to, and it needs to be enjoyable even without sound.

So far I've been playing Civ V but I'm getting sorta tired of it. All suggestions from all genres are welcome.

Divinity: Original Sin is a good one. Shadow Magic, any of the Avernum games, Long Live the Queen, etc.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

Tales of Maj is a hard as balls game with over 1000 achievements on Steam. I recommend playing on easiest for the first time, since there is no perm death. Harder levels there is.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

If you beat the game in the easiest mode, with one class you can expect about 60 achievements.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

Also the thread for it is right here:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3489066

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

Etrian Odyssey needs to get ported to Steam.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

FF13 is not a terrible game, it's just extremely linear and the story is boring and nonsensical. If you enjoy walking to places while fighting enemies, there are worse games to have. Although I'd wait until it was on sale.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

Ah yes, the Tolkien is a hack argument.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

Sweet, thanks for this!

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

What's up with Amazon selling a $20 Steam gift card for $30? I got points I want to use :mad:

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

Drifter posted:

God steam sucks now.

Origin is waiting for you.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

The original campaign is still very much playable and is a good starting point before you dig into the expansion.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

Mr E posted:

Huh, that's literally Warcraft 2 in space.

So, Starcraft.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

A few days ago I played and beat Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons. Yesterday I played and beat To the Moon. Any other games that will gently caress with my emotions as much as those two?

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

Hog Inspector posted:

yeah spec ops is short enough that you can breeze through in 5-6 hours, worth it to form your own opinion

Well apparently I have that game in my library and never gave it a second thought. I'll check it out.

GreenNight fucked around with this message at 04:15 on Nov 25, 2014

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

I have a 970 showing up next week, so it's probably best to wait.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

Gyshall posted:

took the thread too long to respond about sleeping dogs so i bought it anyway

This was the right move.

• Locked thread