Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
yeah my problem is intermittent 3b blue screens which may be related to vid card? idk thanks to SSD and boot up times I don't really care because it doesn't happen like during something but after oh well gently caress life get money drink meth addicts piss

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

eric posted:

I need an ISA ethernet card.

ugh at old cnc job the machine talked via a ISA card and the pc could never run an NT based windows because software needed totalk to card directly lol fuckin die

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

eric posted:

I need an ISA ethernet card.

3c509 or SMC Generic Grab-From-A-Bin

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

Valeyard posted:

Hello? Yes I need an ambulance please. There is a sniper around!

glad u changed ur av

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

theadder posted:

glad u changed ur av

Same, I was really looking forward to using this one too

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop
i'm trying to batch convert sample rates of a bunch of wav files in a folder using afconvert in bash, and i get the dreaded "segmentation fault 11" which i think is a C error... argh

code:
PATHNAME=/Users/myName/Desktop/wavs

for i in $PATHNAME/*; do
	filename=$(basename "$i")
	extension="${filename##*.}"
	filename="${filename%.*}"
	/usr/bin/afconvert -f wav -d LEI16@32000 /Users/myName/Desktop/wavs/$filename.wav /Users/myName/Desktop/newWavs/$filename.wav
done

LP0 ON FIRE fucked around with this message at 00:34 on Jul 21, 2014

emoji
Jun 4, 2004
try setting your ulimit higher for the shell session, fag

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop
lol i fixed it

wav next to -f is supposed to be 'WAVE' in quotes with an E just like that

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

High School Grads Eligible!

Displeased Moo Cow posted:

I never ever have problems with computers because computers are my friends :shobon:

same!!

sometimes firefox will have all these graphical glitches like checkerboard patterns missing from the page or i'll scroll down and the whole page view (not the UI) will go all black

it's only every in firefox so i don't think it's a hardware or OS problem ......... is my browser a pos?

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

im gay.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
no poo poo

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
my laptop's wireless speeds have been terrible lately. what's a good router i should get to make things faster and better?

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop
prefect get one that's 5 GHz range and use that frequency and try changing the channels

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

this christmas feels like the very first christmas to me
:shittydog::shittydog::shittydog:

Then why does it have a telephone number huh smart guy?

Anroid (lol) tablets recieve sms apparently

steve has decreed that a tablet should not sms therefore the problem is you. u need to fix the problem that makes you want sms on your tablet.

just kidding, an android tablet would suit your needs!

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

my needs will be met if i can install and activate this ios app that my dumb telco insists I use to pay them with, which needs an SMS code to activate!

and they say "Oh well :derp: just :burger: take out :derptiel: the teeny tiny :gurf: SIM card from the ipad :v: and just pop it into another :j: micro nano sim sim device :sax: then you'll be able to receive the SMS!!! :haw:"

gently caress you, telco.

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

thye even made me resort to complaining to them via the medium of twitter such is my annoyance of this matter it true has been a testing few days for me here guys thanks for fixing my problems with computers

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

NZ POS does Vodafone even do like just mobile data plans anymore? It all seems to be this overpriced RED plans.

Something else that the anroid (lol) tablets do that the iPad doesn't do is work as a telephone as well therefore I have no use for "free" minutes.

Squinty Applebottom
Jan 1, 2013

iOS 8 adds text messages to iMessage app

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

oh yeah when do i get that and will my lovely telco let me do it?

Squinty Applebottom
Jan 1, 2013

I'm sorry i don't have any of the answers your looking for

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

:smith:

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

prefect posted:

my laptop's wireless speeds have been terrible lately. what's a good router i should get to make things faster and better?

ac68u
give it a good ssid because it has incredible range

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

this christmas feels like the very first christmas to me
:shittydog::shittydog::shittydog:

NZ POS does Vodafone even do like just mobile data plans anymore? It all seems to be this overpriced RED plans.

Something else that the anroid (lol) tablets do that the iPad doesn't do is work as a telephone as well therefore I have no use for "free" minutes.

ask on geekzone john from vodafone will jump to your aid. i work at a different telco sorry :P

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

prob. the telco who wont activate my app no doubt

ahmeni
May 1, 2005

It's one continuous form where hardware and software function in perfect unison, creating a new generation of iPhone that's better by any measure.
Grimey Drawer
Don't Use Vodafone

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

hey how come ipad dont get sms ?

You don't need an SMS
What u need is a sweet caress

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
2degrees suits my rear end

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

I have 2degrees on mah intelligent phone but for some reason I have SPARK :laffo: cos they are doing a double your data deal for a bit but once that goes then I am loving off to 2degrees even though all their infrastructure is like huawei knock off garbage poo poo from the 2000's :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::newlol:

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

prefect posted:

THE AIRPORT EXTREME

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

oh yeah when do i get that and will my lovely telco let me do it?

ios 8 & september

u need an iphone tho

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

god drat you timb

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

its gotta have a phone number or whateva

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

that's what I've been saying though, the iPad has a phone number

hence if I out the lovely tiny weeny small SIM SIM in an anroid [lol] it will ring ring

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

i think i read as: u saying the anroid (lol) rings when u put the ipad sim in it

the sim is like an iphone sim and can do tefelome but the ipad has no phone.ipa so it cant & it needs to chat with a ios 8 iphone

if ur ipad rings u have a new form of life

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

iphab soundin good

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

the IT people set up my work laptop with the bios set to RAID mode for the hard drive and iastordatamgrsvc.exe is taking up 30% of my CPU all the time

the fix is to change it to ahci mode in the bios but then windows bluescreens

i just disabled the service so it doesn't ever start, will anything bad happen

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

ya windows will continue

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

A Wheezy Steampunk posted:

the IT people set up my work laptop with the bios set to RAID mode for the hard drive and iastordatamgrsvc.exe is taking up 30% of my CPU all the time

the fix is to change it to ahci mode in the bios but then windows bluescreens

i just disabled the service so it doesn't ever start, will anything bad happen
you could download the ahci drivers, force install those onto your hd controller, then reboot and change the bios setting to ahci

but don't do that

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

anthonypants posted:

you could download the ahci drivers, force install those onto your hd controller, then reboot and change the bios setting to ahci

but don't do that

yeah i thought about that but i really don't want to janitor my own laptop and also it was super easy to just fire up services.msc and set the service to manual start and be done

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

i just don't want to find out later that i disabled the service that handles writing files to my hard drive