Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

raruler posted:

yeah I need the first

I have found http://www.smtp2go.com in my searches since posting, and I think that will do what I need

i used to use pobox

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder
i wont use mailchimp because it sounds vaguely racist to me

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder
introducing torch monkey...the smoke testing suite you wont be able to live without!

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

what about greasemonkey?

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

prefect posted:

yeah, that's what my macbook does; i was hoping that i could get better performance by forcing it to use 5ghz, but apparently i need more power in my router

the power of the airport extreme

Corla Plankun
May 8, 2007

improve the lives of everyone
why do youtube embeds sometimes have full screen button and sometimes not?

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

Corla Plankun posted:

why do youtube embeds sometimes have full screen button and sometimes not?

anthonypants posted:

It's missing by default if you're using the HTML5 player. If you append allowfullscreen to the end of the youtube iframe embed tag, the button will show up. Someone can probably do that in a greasemonkey script or salr whatever people are using.

CISADMIN PRIVILEGE
Aug 15, 2004

optimized multichannel
campaigns to drive
demand and increase
brand engagement
across web, mobile,
and social touchpoints,
bitch!
:yaycloud::smithcloud:
is there such a thing as a good way to manage shared organizational contacts / calendars in office 365 that also works on mobile devices but does not involve using the GAL?

pram
Jun 10, 2001

wow valeyard u got some competition bud

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

pram posted:

wow valeyard u got some competition bud
nah i posted about it in his thread and asked him to add it to yos+ and i'm pretty sure he did :shobon:

e: yeah

anthonypants fucked around with this message at 01:13 on Jul 25, 2014

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

did you then make out?

pram
Jun 10, 2001

anthonypants posted:

nah i posted about it in his thread and asked him to add it to yos+ and i'm pretty sure he did :shobon:

e: yeah

i meant in being a gigantic nerd

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

pram posted:

i meant in being a gigantic nerd
oh no my yospos cred

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

what is that av

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

theadder posted:

what is that av
a smiley face made out of pushpins in the side of a cubicle wall

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast

theadder posted:

what is that av

it is clearly some cubible wall with 5 transparent push pins making a smile and a tiny and large map marker for eyes

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

cool why

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum
why does anyone do anything, man

pram
Jun 10, 2001
gtfo before i beat you up *puffs up feathers menacingly*

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

anthonypants posted:

why does anyone do anything, man

cash, money, and/or hos

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!
has anyone ever had random bsods related to the mounting screws for the motherboard being loose in a couple of places? there are several reasons why that could have been happening to me (and why i hope its fixed now) but i was just curious if that was A Thing

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

have you got comptia A+ hardware ?

computer toucher
Jan 8, 2012

all my home stuff has gradually been switched to apple products, but I want to repurpose an old thinkpad x201 lappetoppe to make a pfsense firewall. any suggestions as to how to add a NIC to it? It has a pcmcia port and also spare usb ports. only 1 built in ethernet. maybe do some link aggregation with an 4G modem and my ADSL possibly?

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

this christmas feels like the very first christmas to me
:shittydog::shittydog::shittydog:

computer toucher posted:

all my home stuff has gradually been switched to apple products, but I want to repurpose an old thinkpad x201 lappetoppe to make a pfsense firewall. any suggestions as to how to add a NIC to it? It has a pcmcia port and also spare usb ports. only 1 built in ethernet. maybe do some link aggregation with an 4G modem and my ADSL possibly?

You can get a an Ethernet hub same as a usb hub. They r called switches now though. Pfsense /openwrt probably do link aggregation without too much sperging

emoji
Jun 4, 2004
my personal computer is over 4 years old and works flawlessly

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

CISADMIN PRIVILEGE posted:

is there such a thing as a good way to manage shared organizational contacts / calendars in office 365 that also works on mobile devices but does not involve using the GAL?

hhehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehe

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010
freedom-hating statist shill

CISADMIN PRIVILEGE posted:

is there such a thing as a good way to manage in office 365?
no

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

you can't do it very well with any in-house version of exchange either but if you have 2010 i guess you can use calendar dav!

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

the other choice is that there are a lot of programs out there that will one-way sync from the real shared calendars, to fake calendars on icloud with the person name prepended to the calendar item

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

the cool part is that of the few programs that do this and work, one is reliable but only offer list view

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

the other one with a celander view will make another copy of the everything, each time you sync

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

basically just use a windows tablet as a smartphone with skype and you've got a better calendar exerience than apple/exchange

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

Displeased Moo Cow posted:

have you got comptia A+ hardware ?

no, i dont like to waste my money all the time

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
you can mount isos on windows 2012 with the powershell command "mount-diskimage". one of the arguments you can pass in is "-nodriveletter". if you mount an iso with no drive letter, how do you access the files on it? :confused:

BangersInMyKnickers
Nov 3, 2004

I have a thing for courageous dongles

prefect posted:

you can mount isos on windows 2012 with the powershell command "mount-diskimage". one of the arguments you can pass in is "-nodriveletter". if you mount an iso with no drive letter, how do you access the files on it? :confused:

mount it in to an NTFS junction or have software that knows how to access the drive by its device ID directly

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 36 minutes!

prefect posted:

Very carefully! hahaha

butt dickus
Jul 7, 2007

top ten juiced up coaches
and the top ten juiced up players
i previously would get 65mbps on speed test dot net and i got an email from cocks saying that they doubled my speed for free. i now get 91mbps but the switch ports on my modem/router are only 10/100. is 91mbps the real speed i'm getting from cox or is that the most i can expect from a 10/100 port and i should buy a new modem with gigabit ports to take advantage of it

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast

Doctor rear end in a top hat posted:

i previously would get 65mbps on speed test dot net and i got an email from cocks saying that they doubled my speed for free. i now get 91mbps but the switch ports on my modem/router are only 10/100. is 91mbps the real speed i'm getting from cox or is that the most i can expect from a 10/100 port and i should buy a new modem with gigabit ports to take advantage of it

9% TCP overhead is fairly standard yes.

computer toucher
Jan 8, 2012

bobbilljim posted:

You can get a an Ethernet hub same as a usb hub. They r called switches now though. Pfsense /openwrt probably do link aggregation without too much sperging

ok so if I get a switch and plug the laptop, my modem and my airport all on it I can use pfsense to configure it so that all the traffic goes from modem to pfsense and then to airport (and back ofc)? how much loving about would that be and does the switch need to have some features that I need to look for?

see i don't have a very strong cj background so this is a seriousquestion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

raruler
Oct 5, 2003

“Here lies a toppled god —
His fall was not a small one.
We did but build his pedestal,
A narrow and a tall one.”
you will really same yourself some headaches if you just get a PCMCIA ethernet card