Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

LP0 ON FIRE posted:

so, what is it? i know lmao = laughing my rear end off

a lot of older art of gray aliens made them look like they were going ayyyyy

thats it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop

Nintendo Kid posted:

a lot of older art of gray aliens made them look like they were going ayyyyy

thats it

i havne't found any old ones that look like this, but i found this one

pram
Jun 10, 2001
teh memes

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop
i think i'm starting to learn aye lmao, or as some people call it, ayy lmao. the spelling difference is you replace the e in "aye" with another y. i've also noticed some extreme versions where you add more than two y's

pram
Jun 10, 2001
esoteric memes

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

idgi

cowboy beepboop
Feb 24, 2001

how do i checkout a git repo that has filenames with ':' in them on windows? am I going to have to rename all of them beforehand? will that even work or do they need to be completely purged from the history

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

my stepdads beer posted:

how do i checkout a git repo that has filenames with ':' in them on windows? am I going to have to rename all of them beforehand? will that even work or do they need to be completely purged from the history

it's difficult to do this on linux, too. try backslashing the colons (i think quoting the repo url won't work)

edit: wait, the filenames have colons in them? i was thinking about just the name of the repo. i suspect you are in for suffering

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
hello YOSPOS, just wanted to give a lil update re: my high availability storage project

I like glusterFS, a lot, I think it's the best solution. unfortunately citrix doesn't think the same so xenserver doesn't support it for what I need. the industry is using DRBD as a backing store for most purposes anyway, and it's directly supported by corosync, so i started barking up that tree again

short version: gently caress centos

longer version: centos seems to work just fine with DRBD. at first. you can make a virtual disk manually and test it out and everything works fine. then you set up corosync and make an iscsi target and it works fine. then ou try shutting down one of the machines and it fails over just fine. then you start the machine back up and it can't access the partition you set up for DRBD anymore. wtf!!! a lot of searching and apparently it's some kind of race condition in the startup scripts, but nobody's offering any tips to fix.

so, after trying out a lot of different configuration crap & following guides I basically figured out how to customize the configuration on my own and got it all working on debian. not only does it work right but debian vastly outperforms centos when syncing the data over the network. so yeah. there's a bit of a peculiarity with debian not having a startup script for tgtd, but you can just add it to rc.local and bob's your uncle.

holy poo poo it took me a while to figure out. might actually work better in centos 7 but I couldn't find all the requisite parts for drbd/corosync because EPEL/elrepo havne't caught up yet. idk. I try to use centos because it's the "enterprise" thing to do but debian just works??

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

I would like to thank everyone who made suggestions before & I guess this is a little advanced for this thraed!!

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

High School Grads Eligible!

Silver Alicorn posted:

I would like to thank everyone who made suggestions before & I guess this is a little advanced for this thraed!!

i don't know anything about computers i'm here for the jokes

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

also want to point out that I tried openfiler. attempting to update openfiler renders it to an unusuable state. wtf

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

Silver Alicorn posted:

hello YOSPOS, just wanted to give a lil update re: my high availability storage project

I like glusterFS, a lot, I think it's the best solution. unfortunately citrix doesn't think the same so xenserver doesn't support it for what I need. the industry is using DRBD as a backing store for most purposes anyway, and it's directly supported by corosync, so i started barking up that tree again

longer version: centos seems to work just fine with DRBD. at first. you can make a virtual disk manually and test it out and everything works fine. then you set up corosync and make an iscsi target and it works fine. then ou try shutting down one of the machines and it fails over just fine. then you start the machine back up and it can't access the partition you set up for DRBD anymore. wtf!!! a lot of searching and apparently it's some kind of race condition in the startup scripts, but nobody's offering any tips to fix.

so, after trying out a lot of different configuration crap & following guides I basically figured out how to customize the configuration on my own and got it all working on debian. not only does it work right but debian vastly outperforms centos when syncing the data over the network. so yeah. there's a bit of a peculiarity with debian not having a startup script for tgtd, but you can just add it to rc.local and bob's your uncle.

holy poo poo it took me a while to figure out. might actually work better in centos 7 but I couldn't find all the requisite parts for drbd/corosync because EPEL/elrepo havne't caught up yet. idk. I try to use centos because it's the "enterprise" thing to do but debian just works??

install gentoo

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

I used gentoo in the mid '00s. never again.

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

well now that I have HA storage I maybe can't get my xenserver pool to properly do its HA stuff because the CPUs don't match. hrm

pram
Jun 10, 2001

Silver Alicorn posted:

hi

pram
Jun 10, 2001
didnt read the rest

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

good call

CISADMIN PRIVILEGE
Aug 15, 2004

optimized multichannel
campaigns to drive
demand and increase
brand engagement
across web, mobile,
and social touchpoints,
bitch!
:yaycloud::smithcloud:
whats the best way to set up a vpn in azure?

or something i need to use my $60/mo credits somehow.

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

CISADMIN PRIVILEGE posted:

whats the best way to set up a vpn in azure?

or something i need to use my $60/mo credits somehow.

if the credits don't expire replace imgur forever with azure blob storage

http://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/services/storage/

i host a shitload of stuff on s3 for like 25¢/month and if azure is remotely competitive welp

edit:

CISADMIN PRIVILEGE
Aug 15, 2004

optimized multichannel
campaigns to drive
demand and increase
brand engagement
across web, mobile,
and social touchpoints,
bitch!
they're msdn credits i can't really see myself cancelling the sub even though i don't make enough use of it to warrant it because the ability to legally spin up a few grand worth of servers for testing is worth it.

CISADMIN PRIVILEGE
Aug 15, 2004

optimized multichannel
campaigns to drive
demand and increase
brand engagement
across web, mobile,
and social touchpoints,
bitch!
also i don't pay for it.

CISADMIN PRIVILEGE
Aug 15, 2004

optimized multichannel
campaigns to drive
demand and increase
brand engagement
across web, mobile,
and social touchpoints,
bitch!
ugghhh the process of migrating to office 365 has hosed up my msdn account.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

lmao

obstipator
Nov 8, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
is there a way to make windows command prompt remember full history (or at least more than just from the current session)?????

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

obstipator posted:

is there a way to make windows command prompt remember full history (or at least more than just from the current session)?????

don't use windows lol

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

obstipator posted:

right-click the title bar, go to properties, change the buffer size

if you want it changed on subsequent cmd instances, right-click the title bar and go to defaults

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

has anyone had any experience with http://www.fixez.com/? how would they compare from your average china seller on amazon w.r.t part quality and shipping time?

maniacdevnull fucked around with this message at 21:08 on Aug 3, 2014

Base Emitter
Apr 1, 2012

?

CISADMIN PRIVILEGE posted:

ugghhh the process of migrating to office 365 has hosed up my msdn account.

wtf

CISADMIN PRIVILEGE
Aug 15, 2004

optimized multichannel
campaigns to drive
demand and increase
brand engagement
across web, mobile,
and social touchpoints,
bitch!

my msdn account is cisadmin@company.com so now that's just getting tied in into all the o365 services the msdn/vlsc stuff was broken for a while.

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop
i always wondered if you could change the location of the iphoto library, preferably and external hard drive. it really just involves dragging the library to another location and relaunching and choosing where it is. pretty awesome

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/5289554

Corla Plankun
May 8, 2007

improve the lives of everyone
wheres the cyberpunk name thread

i'm starting a business and i need it

obstipator
Nov 8, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
is there an alternative to coffeescript where regular javascript is considered valid? like how SCSS is to CSS, that is what i want

pram
Jun 10, 2001
yeah its called javascript

Kirk
Sep 22, 2003
my clutch needs to be replaced but I dont want to do that

obstipator
Nov 8, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

pram posted:

yeah its called javascript

this worked! thank!

obstipator
Nov 8, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Kirk posted:

throw outur car and get a new one

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

Kirk posted:

Do it anyway, hth

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome

Kirk posted:

clutch schmutch imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

rotor posted:

clutch schmutch imo

i know you san franciscans are used to replacing clutches every 20k but most of us don't have to