Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

I never ever have problems with computers because computers are my friends :shobon:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

hey how come ipad dont get sms ?

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

zelots

now answer my god drat question

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

Bloody posted:

sms go over telephone networks ipads isnt telephones

Then why does it have a telephone number huh smart guy?

Anroid (lol) tablets recieve sms apparently

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

my needs will be met if i can install and activate this ios app that my dumb telco insists I use to pay them with, which needs an SMS code to activate!

and they say "Oh well :derp: just :burger: take out :derptiel: the teeny tiny :gurf: SIM card from the ipad :v: and just pop it into another :j: micro nano sim sim device :sax: then you'll be able to receive the SMS!!! :haw:"

gently caress you, telco.

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

thye even made me resort to complaining to them via the medium of twitter such is my annoyance of this matter it true has been a testing few days for me here guys thanks for fixing my problems with computers

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

NZ POS does Vodafone even do like just mobile data plans anymore? It all seems to be this overpriced RED plans.

Something else that the anroid (lol) tablets do that the iPad doesn't do is work as a telephone as well therefore I have no use for "free" minutes.

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

oh yeah when do i get that and will my lovely telco let me do it?

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

:smith:

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

prob. the telco who wont activate my app no doubt

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

I have 2degrees on mah intelligent phone but for some reason I have SPARK :laffo: cos they are doing a double your data deal for a bit but once that goes then I am loving off to 2degrees even though all their infrastructure is like huawei knock off garbage poo poo from the 2000's :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::newlol:

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

god drat you timb

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

that's what I've been saying though, the iPad has a phone number

hence if I out the lovely tiny weeny small SIM SIM in an anroid [lol] it will ring ring

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

Bloody posted:

sms go over telephone networks ipads isnt telephones

don't worry you helpful feckers I changed my telco to one that doesn't need to send sms's to teh ipaddddd

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

:newlol:

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

what about greasemonkey?

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

did you then make out?

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

have you got comptia A+ hardware ?

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

single white uncle with moustache built his PC in 2008 and it is a piece of poo poo even though he will tell you otherwise.

he plugs in webcam to chat with cam girls I assume and that's fine

but if cam turns on, it freezes entire system.

tried different cams same issue. what could it be and do I have to touch thr cum stained chassis of his piece of poo poo home built pc with pirated software to fix it

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

ughh,remote access will involve me telling him to install poo poo from Microsoft and he will just balls it up and then he will bleat on about how windows xp was a perfectly fine and didn't need changing then he will go on and on about how I don't have a pc so I won't be able to remote access him for some obscure and bullshit reason gently caress it I'm going to tell him to buy a new pc from his favourite pc parts distributor [Chinese]

it took him almost 3 years to work out how to use the Samsung link think on his tv smart tv not webos

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

kalstrams posted:

teamviewer works for everyone, re: i was able to guide my mother through setup
you can remote access him from whatever system then too (even mobile you need for some idiotic reason)
dxdiag is built into system, assuming he has windows
also you can tell him to gently caress off if he tries to climb on your head, unless he owes you money/favour ir gives those away without obligations

I have heard of but never tried teamveiwe right. Ta muchly :)

he owes me lots. this will be more so I don't know why I bother other than to preserve family unity through acts of loyalty.

this is the same uncle who drove my tractor into my septic tank.

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

broke the vent plus a poo poo load of dirt fell into the tank so $1000, choice

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

bobbilljim posted:

moo cow the USB port might be hosed or some ultrashit device driver

I just rang him, literally in the middle of reinstalling windows.

he's on his own now. thanks for your advice smart goons.

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

hey probably already solved how do you stop iCal spam it's relentless and I don't even use it stupid iCloud

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

holy gently caress poo poo whose idea was that?

thanks though, I will get onto that when I have some spare time

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

Support your fledgling local industry ya scrooge

Especially in Canterbury where you are continually getting hosed by mother nature

Also squarespace? Idk

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

yeah use QuickTime

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

cinci zoo sniper posted:

quicktime is unusuable for any real time gameplay videos, jfc

its more awkward on mac than on ios or any console. you will have to use soundflower to unfuck moronic mac audio, and open broadcaster (obs) to record stuff

I don't think small child is going to care

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

cinci zoo sniper posted:

you don't seem to think at all

best not to overthink life 🐮

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

it just works

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

so simple

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

why won't stupid photos.app on macos import all my awesome jepgs this is bullshit stupid software why won't it import my cool photos of my god drat children taken on a non apple camera device even though they are still jpegs?

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

solution: not using photos.app

but picasa isn't supported anymore

still going to use it.

gently caress you.

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

wat

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

I have a folder of photos from decades past. all in JPEG. photos.app won't import them because it is a fucker stupid software so I won't use lol no cloud for you apple but nah why? why not import? iPhoto took them happy as man

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

Agile Vector posted:

does it not do drag and dropping the folder into the app? i dont know since i dont use it but thats how most app stuff works now. basically import dialogs are mean old things and they visibly anger me

Yeah you can drag and drop but it doesn't import them just spins a bit and then goes naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah gently caress ya

So I get mad at the inanimate object.

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

I mean it doesn't really suck, because I can just keep using the folders and upload to :yayclod: if I want

It just gives me another reason not to use the most advanced photo management system on the most advanced operating system yet. If it imported my photos well then I'd use it I think and possibly would have paid for icloud oh well

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

Corla Plankun posted:

lightroom is confusing but it at least does the needful w/r/t loading photos

yeah but $20 a month no thanks

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

anthonypants posted:

the correct option is to put it on your network and connect it to your print server and have all your clients print to the print server

but we all know you're not going to bother doing that

yeah just stick it on wifi mate she'll be right gently caress me days

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

adobe can go suck a dick

how much cloud are you using?