Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

the earbuds that came with my iphone broke, so i went down to a shop and bought new ones. the new ones say they have a year warranty. does this mean that in future if the buds break b4 next summer that i can just go to the aapl store and get replacements

i don't really care about the cost but the idea that you'd have a warranty on headphones is weird to me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

why aren't you compiling on an amazon virtual server anyway, it's prob cheaper to timeshare their big iron like it's the 1970s

Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

my mom wants a new laptop to replace her brick of a sarnsung. she's big on "portability" so ofc she's jonesing for the asus transformer t100 or w/e "because it gets good reviews"

is this a poo poo idea for a momputer, given that even tho she gets a 15% discount on apple kit she's too cheap for a real computer

Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

Bloody posted:

a mac book air

went to mediamarkt with her, she found out pcs are poo poo, got a 13in mba

:tipshat:

Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

yospos i have a computer problem what the gently caress do i buy when my iphone 5 craps out now that timb blew it all up

Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

an mba, op

Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

all macs are tragic when stebe's dead

Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

i have a 2007 aluminium imac that's got a hosed os x install, can i put mavericks on it or do i need to go iso hunting

Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

i don't know, i gave it to my younger brother to play warcrack on when I got my thinkpad

it shows the folder question mark so it can't find the startup disk at least, hoping it's just a quick reinstall that's needed and not a new drive b/c i have no loving idea how to open that bastard up

Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

ok let me rephrase

i don't care enough about my brother to learn how to open it up and replace the drive

Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

lol nope, booted off usb, opened disk utility and it was showing the hdd as 0 bytes, smart status unknown

rip my old mac

Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

quadpus posted:

try to repartition anyway. we had dozens of laptops come in with the same symptoms after taking student abuse, drives were physically fine.

just tried forcing it with diskutil at the terminal, nope.avi

unless there's a secret mac cj trick to it this is just a dead drive

Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

get a mac op

efb

Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

sever

Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

snype

Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

theflyingexecutive posted:

"would you buy an android phone?"
"yes"
"welp"

Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

pink jazz tracerts

Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

is it kpn

Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

Corla Plankun posted:

my wife got an iphone 5 and she wants to put music on it

i will be cold and in the ground before i put itunes on my goddamn pc. how do i put music on this garbagephone without hurting the computers i care about?

buy it on the phone itself

Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

sever

Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

Displeased Moo Cow posted:

this is the same uncle who drove my tractor into my septic tank.

the single most moo cow thing ever posted

Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

Shaggar posted:

move the swap file to the ssd. jeeze that's like 50% of the reason to have a ssd

why even have a non-token swap file in tyool 2015, i have 8gb of ram and i almost never use all of it

Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

usb 2 is gently caress slow so it doesn't matter

Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

wonders

Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

hey thread what's the best ereader

Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

Nintendo Kid posted:

since amazon got rid of the "kindle touch" and made the plain "kindle" touch based, the paperwhite moved down to being the new midtier and the voyage is the new high tier.

currently you have "kindle" which is touchscreen based, no light, and i think still 800x600
the kindle paperwhite is of course touchscreen based, has light, and is about 1024x758
the kindle voyage is touchscreen+new side bezel buttons,has light, and is a 1448x1072 display which looks sweet as hell especially for pdfs

if i'm going to spend 200 of your earth dollars on an ereader, esp. for pdfs, i may as well sack up and get an ipad

Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

special tools lol, most apple poo poo is just torx screws

Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

Cocoa Crispies posted:

because you're too cheap for vmware

vmware player is free, he doesn't even have that excuse

Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

the rule of thumb with raid is higher number = better

Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

z is a number

Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

Beeftweeter posted:

mac users are "special"

Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

email: what's the best gmail alternative, and should i bother with a not-browser email client

Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

Aleksei Vasiliev posted:

trying to track down an amd gpu driver BSOD so i ran furmark. after a short time of running it the lights in this room started dimming repeatedly (dim-full-dim-full etc). is this something i should be worried about, and is there any way to fix it that doesn't involve an electrician

call a priest

a bishop if you start seeing blood/hearing growling

Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

Get a Cooler Master Hyper 212, also pls avoid buying amd in future if you can help it

Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

i said avoid amd

Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

why care, your computer still boots in 10 seconds even on sata 6

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

what's the best ios adblocker, is it still purify or w/e