Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

med school head
Apr 17, 2012
ive had my thinkpad x220 with win 7 for like 4-5 years now not a single problem

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

med school head
Apr 17, 2012
itunes is meh i mnean i have it installed but i dont usee it

med school head
Apr 17, 2012
right click the drive in my computer and go to format and uncheck quick format

med school head
Apr 17, 2012

surebet posted:

honestly my z30 gave me 2 years of decent service, especially with android 4.4 running in a sandbox on it

if i can't bring it back to life i'm looking at going droid though, it's been fun but yeah it's time to move on

yes mm interesting tell more about your chronic Bad Purchasing Decisions

med school head
Apr 17, 2012
whats good backup software for backing up to ftp?

also is ftp the best protcol to use?

med school head
Apr 17, 2012

my stepdads beer posted:

ftp is dead and bad
use an automated backup thing that diffs and versions all your files

if you insist of manually transferring files use something like WInSCP

any free options for that?

med school head
Apr 17, 2012

Silver Alicorn posted:

I replaced my CPU fan. Now my computer is too quiet, making me unable to sleep, as I had grown accustomed to the soothing brownian noise cover. What can I do?

shut the door and chain smoke to your death

med school head
Apr 17, 2012

echinopsis posted:

any recommendations? aiming to spend less than $180 nzd

some of these like this WNAP210 netgear is a bit more like $200 but can act as a repeater

thing is, i cant know till i get it home and install if its going to go the distrance

i dont know but make sure to cheap out and half rear end it

med school head
Apr 17, 2012

fishmech posted:

5. wipe os part and install latest os x, and then sell it on ebay. and get an intel NUC instead of a mac mini

med school head
Apr 17, 2012

my stepdads beer posted:

tp-link archer c7 is good and cheap

med school head
Apr 17, 2012

netwerk23 posted:

I am getting less and less patient with my laptop, a circa-2007 T61, type 6459. It's a C2Duo 2.5, 4GB, 750 GB hybrid drive and 32-bit Windows 10 Enterprise. My first thought is to buy more memory and reinstall to 64-bit, but I'm running 2x2GB now and 4GB chips are hard to find and/or expensive. I could clone over to a true SSD, but 750 to 1TB drives are still pretty expensive, as in a quarter of the cost of a replacement laptop with a modern processor. I'm still running Lenovo BIOS and am happy enough with it. Getting an incrementally faster processor feels like a lot of work for a limited return.

Any ideas or links to cheap memory?

buy a new computer

med school head
Apr 17, 2012

Jonny 290 posted:

yes sony is garbage buy a used macbook pro or air

med school head
Apr 17, 2012

lampey posted:

dell xps is good

jesus we'll poo poo on macs all day and then turn around and non-ironically recommend dells lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

med school head
Apr 17, 2012

ShadowHawk posted:

I bought an expensive sleep monitoring system because I sleep too late: https://hello.is/

It has a bug where it can't measure my sleep if I sleep past noon.

Currently considering trying to force my phone (which it links to) into thinking it's in a different time zone.

lol this is 100% serious