Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

i have problems with computers almost constantly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

Citizen Tayne posted:

Same but with your posting! hahaha

:xd:

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

question thread: what led to the last threads demise i dont want to look

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

sms go over telephone networks ipads isnt telephones

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

use google voice and

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

Breakfast All Day posted:

publisher is the worst thing. i had to print a publisher file at kinkos once and they had to call corporate then email it to a store in some flyover state and made me talk the hills have eyes person through converting it something portable

sounds like the fuckup is you for tryna print anything but a pdf

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

the poo poo may have rolled down the hill over me but i was not the one who pinched it off

"hey breakfast all day can you get thing printed?"

"sure chief, got a pdf?"

"no breakfast all day we just have a publisher file"

"oh sorry i cant print that. can you have whoever made it press save as pdf?"

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

reasons_i_left_that_job_a_month_later.txt

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

im gay.

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

iphab soundin good

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

use the one true yosscheme

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

Doctor rear end in a top hat posted:

it came out in 2011 have you been traveling at a significant fraction of c since then?

that would time travel in the wrong direction idiot

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

Nintendo Kid posted:

if you really want 5ghz on other floors, buy one or more replacement antennas on a long cord, and run that up to the next floor. you may need an amplifier with this.

this shouldn't cost more than like $60. you may need to double check that the antenna u buy supports mimo

Lol

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

basically dipoles radiate in a donut around them so if u put a bunch orthogonal to each other u get good donuts all over the place

ur wifi router antennas are basically dipoles

this is ure rf explained poorly lesson for the day

if u wanna know more from a smart person i recommend http://antenna-theory.com

avoid the link about bitcoin

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

i changed the username/pass for my router than promplty forgoty it so homefiluly my esettings were gouud

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

idgi

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

what the gently caress are optical drives for

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

also their horrifyingly bad app design resulted in needing to rewrite portions of the android jvm at startup or something so maybe debloating it a bit would help

https://www.facebook.com/notes/facebook-engineering/under-the-hood-dalvik-patch-for-facebook-for-android/10151345597798920

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

LP0 ON FIRE posted:

anyone know a good place online that talks about programming the physics of an object with a force applied to it, taking into gravity into consideration, acceleration and deceleration in a 2D environment? nothing complex about the environment or the object needs to be taken into consideration. the object will just be a ball and when it hits something it explodes or i'll figure out how it will deflect if i ever need that. just real simple where something like a cannon would be shooting it out at any angle

ye ah its very simple just think about the physics and then turn those maths into code

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

Shaggar posted:

it doesn't cost me any extra

you can just stop there you know

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

Beeftweeter posted:

i mean seriously look at this poo poo

Looks like mac
Looks like poo poo!

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

spankmeister posted:

wow it's great that this mac thing just works

imagine having to roll your own mouse drivers that would be crazy huh? thankfully on mac everything is working out of the box

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

get her a surface pro 3 or a mac book air

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

possibly the same thing that causes nan comparisons to fail

also typically int INFINITY isnt a thing, INFINITY is only floating-point but idk wtf objc does with their numerics

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

a surface pro 3 so you can visual studio

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

guess its time to a buy a new one

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

echinopsis posted:

hmm should I upgrade pc to be quieter????!!!!!!!?

wish you dupgrade your posts to be quietere!!!!

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

get a trackball they are pro poo poo

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

MORE CURLY FRIES posted:

did you at least get a hug

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

Luigi Thirty posted:

okay fine i have 8 of these gateway workstations that i paid $10 for collectively and if you can put windows xp on them some morons will pay upward of $75-100 for them on ebay

its me, im the forums poster whose time is worth nothing

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

NoneMoreNegative posted:

Blugh, I hate when I'm indecisive about something, it gnaws at me.

In the market for a mobile full-fat tablet (already have an ipad) to do photo process / retouch and sketch work on; two main contenders are:

Cintiq Companion: http://uk.shop.wacom.eu/products/others/cintiq-companion/567

Surface Pro 3: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Microsoft-Surface-Pro-512GB-Intel/dp/B00KHR51D2/

Processing Comparison: http://browser.primatelabs.com/geekbench3/compare/1133827?baseline=317830

Next to nothing in the price, but the Surface has a nicer hi-res screen and a slight nose ahead in processor power, and the Cintiq has the better screen/pen digitiser and real buttons on the bezel for CTRL and ALT when photoshopping (which is actually a big thing)... Better battery on the Surface, more solid feel (and weight) with the Cintiq.

Maybe I'll wait for the Companion 2 to be announced! :mad:

the cintiq sucks dick and the sp3 is vastly better hth

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

LP0 ON FIRE posted:

my iphone with iOS 8.1.2 has 3 unread messages on the badge for the messages app even though all are read. any way to fix this?

My anroid (lol!) does this

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

Excel online from Microsoft

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

is this a satire website

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

dont build your own computer you are stealing jobs from foxconn

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

kinesis advantage 2

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

onedrive blows rear end it likes to peg my laptop cpu and try to sync and fail constantly, literally crashes with lil crash dialogs on the reg, and keeps hijacking my documents folder and trying to sync it even though it is substantially larger than my onedrive limit

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

I would buy a iPhone se refresh in a heartbeat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

tragic macpad