Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
ok so when I make some blender animation I export as pngs and then use ffmpeg to encode

ffmpeg -i %04d.png -qp 12 -c:v libx264 -profile:v high -hide_banner -preset veryslow -filter:v fps=30 -pix_fmt yuv420p G:\Rodtronics\ExportVideos\video0531.mp4

thats what I normally do, but I just noticed, the last aniomation I did had 600 frames, but it encoded 720

so I removed the -filter:v fps=30 and it encoded the 600

I checked the two different file outputs and the first is 30fps and the second is 25fps

It seems like the one with the fps=30 isn't forcing it to just encode 30 frames per second, but seems to be using 25 frames over 30 frames, interpolating or whatever

obv this is stupid as gently caress. I wanted 30fps because that makes mroe sense to me than 25 given everyones displays are a multiple of 30

how do I make it do what I want it to do, which is make a file that plays back at 30fps and encodes 30 frames per second to do this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
god drat man you’re a mf genius . it worked

thank you 🙏

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
makes sense too

altho can’t believe I’ve exported hundreds and hundreds of rodtronics hosed up like this

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
gaming laptop lmao

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
trying to trouble shoot my partners laptop network issues

it seems to work for a few seconds when I connect to a wifi network here at home. I can ping google but get like one ping and then it times out. when I switch to a different network here in the house I get the same thing, works for a moment

the two networks - one is the asus router directly and one is an ubiquity AP connected to that router

the network appears to work fine on my laptop

and if I connect her laptop to her phone then that works too

so it seems to specifically it’s her laptop with the wifi networks here

it’s just weird that it works for a moment

also if it matters ms defender is running hard. although my experience is that that is most of the time just a routine check happening at the total
wrong time

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Branch Nvidian posted:

assuming it's running windows, have you checked the network properties to make sure it's not set as a metered connection? same for on the router just before the modem to make sure it doesn't have a limitation placed on it for some reason?

I’ll double check that setting, didn’t think it was but tbh didn’t pay that much attention

she just did get an email from IT that mentions something about connectivity issues.. but she’s not at work..?

idk how corporate windows poo poo works but is it possible that network issues at her work could affect her at home? the issue isn’t just connecting to work stuff but anything at all

(and if so why does it work if she hotspots?)

very hosed up

Sagebrush posted:

Also w11 is completely fine

it’s fine in the sense that you’ve come home from work tired, cold, hungry, and you’re under the impression there’s a roast chicken and potatoes and gravy etc

but when you get home your partner says she couldn’t be bothered and would you be ok with toast

”fine”

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
the solution was right in front of me the whole time !

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Jonny 290 posted:

im not clicking on wallet_inspector.exe on my poo poo anyways i don't give a gently caress about patches

this

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Sagebrush posted:

yes, there is, with one executable that you run from github. you're welcome

it's literally the same as windows 10 with better ui consistency, with a couple of annoying choices that aren't exposed through settings but which can be reset using the tool i mentioned, and it's not eol'd.

im mostly joking

but you can move the taskbar to the left with no tool? I did it at work. still on the bottom

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
turns out somehow partners network was affected by network issues at work

gateway kinda poo poo. who cares