Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

prefect posted:

does adobe still make framemaker? use that; it used to kick rear end for hardcore technical documentation :black101:

Stable release 12.0.0 / January 14, 2014; 5 months ago

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

eric posted:

I need an ISA ethernet card.

3c509 or SMC Generic Grab-From-A-Bin

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

prefect posted:

my laptop's wireless speeds have been terrible lately. what's a good router i should get to make things faster and better?

ac68u
give it a good ssid because it has incredible range

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

CISADMIN PRIVILEGE posted:

is there such a thing as a good way to manage shared organizational contacts / calendars in office 365 that also works on mobile devices but does not involve using the GAL?

hhehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehe

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

you can't do it very well with any in-house version of exchange either but if you have 2010 i guess you can use calendar dav!

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

the other choice is that there are a lot of programs out there that will one-way sync from the real shared calendars, to fake calendars on icloud with the person name prepended to the calendar item

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

the cool part is that of the few programs that do this and work, one is reliable but only offer list view

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

the other one with a celander view will make another copy of the everything, each time you sync

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

basically just use a windows tablet as a smartphone with skype and you've got a better calendar exerience than apple/exchange

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

I don't think even tplink makes AC that cheap

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

good idea: run lmr400 up x floors so the router reaches the things, but don't run cat6 up x floors so it can reach the things

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

I wish i had the link, but there was a beamforming demo java thing that let you stick a bunch of antennas around a space and you could change some numbers, and it'd show you the results as a signal heatmap thing
Weird poo poo lobes and things popping out and pointing around

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

Captain Foo posted:

If you use 40mhz channels on 2.4 please kill you are self

40MHz on a repeater :twisted:

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

sure as long as it's not "data" you need to store in the "cluster"

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

A Wheezy Steampunk posted:

there's still a finite number of atoms in the cones that drive the belt

i don't think you "get" infinity

but the atoms can move around at a finer increment than "one atom"
lik ethe universe isnt a grid?
there are infinite steps between each atom, and infinite more between one end and the other

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

Zeno's Paradox of Gear Ratios

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

cvnt

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

did you pull any tabs off
there's probably a tab locking the trigger so tehy don't end up going off in transit

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

it doesnt really matter for learning tho slap esxi or Hyperv and away you go
(The H in hyperv stands for "hahahahahahahahaHahahaHaaaaahahahahahahahaahahhaaha")

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

does logitech still that wierd third party thing that hooks into all kinds of stuff and breaks most of it?

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

CISADMIN PRIVILEGE posted:

Anyone ever have surprise winmail.dat files show up on their outbound e-mail? I even verified the message I sent to ensure it was html, yet the receiver got a winmail.dat on top of that they were running outlook which means they shouldn't see a loving stupid winmail.dat file.

I'm using office 2013 and office 365 exchange.

this will happen if something in between breaks the message format which can be anything at all for any reason even none whatsoever.

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

i once tried to make a thing to reassemble broken TNEF messages but there's just so many edge cases it was a nightmare

please use email for text and lets come up with something better than multipart mime to send a file to each other

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

the most beautiful fuckup was someone forwading an "incredibly rude" message. The whole thing broke and their reply to it got eaten, and everyone just saw the original "verbose" message attributed to the new sender. :newlol:

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

how do those compare to noctua?

also noctua fans do not like fingers dont even

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

theflyingorc posted:

i am asking this here because i don't know who else might know, also this story is really funny

the remote thing for ammyy admin has had exploits published for it

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

when it's new mouse time the best thing you can do is fnd a physical store with the mice out
touch and feel them and note how beat up and broken they are.

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

Swolegoat posted:

please don't be rude

those are correct answers however

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

how2 find out if a dll was built with VC6/2003/2005/etc ?

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

you know why XP might still be in use for workstations but a better question is why not run it in a VM or something since apparently it's required for something important

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

theres probably someone who will go nuts if they have 95/98 on them

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

you also need to buy a hex driver and a trilobe (think like slot but three of them and small, not triangle) bit

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

does that one have the battery meter button on the battery?

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

$5 on amazon and I have all kinds of bits I will ever need

poo poo shaped like a bowtie, one called "snake eyes", 8 lobe, security everything, it's been great

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

ok $12.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000O5XDOG/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

what is this called?
a csv comes in and has to be saved to another csV with a subset of the columns and in a different order
there must be a way in say excel to automate this
not macros
not manually
not vba

just like a definition file that says "put A into F, B into G, write this text into J,"

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

found a thing called csvfix that seems promising to do CSV Bullshit Things

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

devvops

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

google is a privacy company too when you think about it....

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

it really probably is the CPU or the RAM. Intel makes a CPU stress tester that will probably touch some memory

going to name some things to blame: power, stuffed up heatsink, fried up memory

the rest tends to go in obvious ways (polygons or pixels in video, all of the data missing, etc)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

reviews sound bad
compatibilty is seriously questionable
and if all that works out you're still using an optiplex as anything but a book-end