Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
Jeez. That thing still looks pretty mint considering the neglect.

The correct answer for the exhaust is and always has been parts store glasspacks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

Slung Blade posted:

THE DIE IS CAST

I might have a slight advantage because I'm not taking the motor out until it's road legal, so maybe we, or someone, will have to come up with a mitigating factor.

We should add the October 4 (newbie day) or October 5 (final event of the year) autocross events at Fort Macleod to the checklist.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug
So that's why my torque wrench is reversible. I thought it was just to encourage morons to use them as breaker bars.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug
Hot drat that is some sexy wheel.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug

Boaz MacPhereson posted:

Tire is mounted. Verdict is:

:frogc00l:

Obviously, the suspension is at full droop so it looks a bit weird, but I think it will tuck up very nicely once it's on the ground.

Edit: 2 minute PS hackjob:

Holy poo poo that looks good. Time to buy a plane ticket to somewhere these are still intact.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug

Boaz MacPhereson posted:

Topic for discussion: How upset do you think the greybeards will be that I spent "all that money on a stupid four door" when I start dragging this pig to shows?

gently caress 'em. They'll be dead soon and it won't matter what they like.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug
Fuckin' psyched! This car rules.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug
Sounds like it's either sulphated or you've got a dead cell or two.

You can get some of the mega-beef chargers to try and break up the sulphation but holy poo poo you better be sitting near the battery with a fire extinguisher when you do.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug
Just haul it somewhere with a battery tester and they should be able to tell you pretty fast if it's even salvageable. Sounds like no.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug
Sweet!

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug
I'm sure a guy like you can come up with all kinds of new parts you want that you didn't put on the holiday wish lists.

Or tools.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug

some texas redneck posted:

Friend of mine learned this the hard way on his 73 Nova. Went from a 6 cylinder grandma car to a V8 that ran mid 12s.

Doors didn't line up anymore after a year or so, and that was with only occasionally stomping it.

Yeah but that's just GM door hinge pins :v:

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug
Cool casting dude. What did you make the mould out of?

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug
Impressive that the stool can carry that much weight. Who made it?

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug
They make a Momo hub for an old Nova? Now I'm interested.

Is the steering column collapsible? :ohdear:

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug
This is basically my nightmare fear for the Momo adapters.

Even for relatively popular cars like the Miata the internet instructions are like "buy a Momo for a different car and then dremel the poo poo out of it so the horn still works." WTF?

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug
Those will look kick rear end.

Have you already sat in them and made engine noises?

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug
Kudos to you for replacing vapour barrier caulking instead of just doing what I do and try not to touch it while also running my arm through it and then swearing at it for days.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug
That armrest looks pretty dope, dude. Good job.

Thanksgiving was a month ago.