Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

clam ache
Sep 6, 2009
what yard's in Illinois do you haunt? The one in summit has everything you would be looking for. They have tons of G bodys and all other chevys of that era. Im going next weekend to look for parts and can let you know if your interested.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

clam ache
Sep 6, 2009
alright well im heading to summit next weekend and will let you know the F body status

clam ache
Sep 6, 2009
:fap: unffffffffffff soft eights are my favorite rim of all time and they go well with the green of your car.

clam ache
Sep 6, 2009
Love those ford racing fender covers. Goes perfect on a nova. But in all seriousness those rims with that paint job is superb. I live by ohare and am free most weekends. If you ever need some help I feel helping you would be a better experience then when I went and help sperg.

clam ache
Sep 6, 2009
I am also very good at sitting back and enjoying a fine car with a fine beer. just Pm me and let me know.

clam ache
Sep 6, 2009
the old guy at my work has this lisle one and it works great for getting the studs from an aluminum block so I imagine it would work on an older style of engine

clam ache
Sep 6, 2009
Is that a Lincoln tech tool box under the bench. It looks exactly like the one I got with my school tools. I think they also sell them at napa If I remember right.

clam ache
Sep 6, 2009

Boaz MacPhereson posted:

Not sure on the brand of toolbox. The flat one of the left is actually for a big rear end Milwaukee right angle drill. Dad couldn't snag the drill, but he got me the box. He got me the big one on the right, too.

Glad to see the Nova moving along. Its always awesome to see someone rebuild a four door. They get no love and the deserve the most . My hopeful project car is looking to be a four door G body Malibu. And dad toolboxes are better then free school toolboxes any day.

clam ache
Sep 6, 2009
The tool carts are literally one of the best things HF sells. I can't rave about mine enough and after four years of heavy shop use it still is going strong

clam ache
Sep 6, 2009
I'm talking about the black five drawer. But I've had friends with the red five drawer and they love it. Good quality and the locks are nice.

clam ache
Sep 6, 2009
I hope to one day see this beauty in person. Soft eights are my favorite rim of all time. And that green with the black rim just really go well together.

clam ache
Sep 6, 2009
Man your not far from me. If you ever need a second set of hands who has wrenched with a lot of old gms like this just private message me. I can bring tools and know old guys who worked on these new and can also answer some questions if needed.

clam ache
Sep 6, 2009
Yeah man just let me know. My. Is a knows a lot about gms of that era. And he is a phone call away most days. So whenever you need just message or what not.

clam ache
Sep 6, 2009
I've got a few spare grey pneumatic in that size if your interested. Tell me where to send it and it's yours? My old boss gave me a bunch and I already had a bunch.

clam ache
Sep 6, 2009
Dude..if you lived closer to ohare I Would align it for free. But I doubt you wanna drive this car to save 60 bucks. But if you need help wiring let me know.

clam ache
Sep 6, 2009

Boaz MacPhereson posted:

Tank's never been out of the car or disconnected. I know for a fact there's some gas in it so it's not pulling from an empty tank. Feed hose in a container of gas is a good idea, though. drat. Wish I would have thought of that before I pulled the pump off. I'm trying to throw as little money as possible at this lump since it is technically temporary, but a new fuel pump setup is something I can swallow. If i can find an intake and 4bbl for super duper cheap, I'll pick it up. Summit's got a whole 4bbl kit (carb, intake, gaskets, etc.) but it's almost 500 bucks. If I'm dropping that sort of coin on engine parts, they're gonna be Gen III/IV.

Hey if you give me what your looking for I can go threw the drawer of carbs at work and get you a rebuild too. For a low price of meeting up to aquire it.

clam ache
Sep 6, 2009

Seat Safety Switch posted:

Kudos to you for replacing vapour barrier caulking instead of just doing what I do and try not to touch it while also running my arm through it and then swearing at it for days.

That's 100% what replacing a window motor is.

The nova is gonna look so much better green and black. My boss did the same thing with his sons firebird and the interior looks 100% better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

clam ache
Sep 6, 2009
The color combination is looking great in that thing. Love the liberal use of paper purse clamps.