Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Transmission/engine mounts are a shitshow to look up no matter what its for and are incorrect about 50% of the time, even with the correct info or a vin number entered on a newer car. Making it a classic car throws a whole new level of fun into the mix. :eng101:

How far would you say you are from being able to actually go for a drive this thing? It seems like you're pretty close.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

So close! Can't wait to see it cranked and running. You've definitely got one of the coolest cars in AI atm. :swoon:

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

It looks like you're damned close to being able to fire it up and take it for a drive. I'm jealous beyond belief.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

So um, got any pistons with the rod and cap you don't need in there? I could use one for reasons.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Optima's drop in quality coincided with their plant moving to mexico and the quality largely went back to normal once they stabilized operations at that plant. The yellow top I put in my 6 works like a dream compared to the advance mid tier battery that was in it when I bought it. In something like the nova, I wouldn't worry about just slapping a yellow or red top in it amd calling it a day.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Alternately, deka, interstate and a few other brands make agm group 34 batteries. I'd probably still place bets on the optimas lasting longer or at least being successfully recovered from being heavily discharged with a nice long run on a trickle charger.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Since I'm at work and have ready access to a parts catalog... Yes, a '71 nova with a 307 and a 350 take different fuel pumps. I'll grab some pictures for reference and upload them when I get home and settled here in like an hour if you want. :D

Edit: And checking compatibility listings the 307 pump was used on 327s, 307s and 283s. No tree fiddys.

Edit the second, son of electric boogaloo frankenstein: looking at it, the most obvious physical difference is the angle of the clamp on hose fitting to the threaded fitting, so yes, looks like they reused the 307 fuel pump.

Elmnt80 fucked around with this message at 02:53 on Jul 1, 2017

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Well take all the loving fun out of it for me whydoncha. :mad:

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Looks amazing man. You should be getting damned close to time to take a drive in your new nova awesome car.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Honestly, its probably better than what gm had in there from the factory. And I always get excited with posts in this thread.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Who said you had to put a hood on? :v:

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

:neckbeard:

I hoped you were gonna keep posting about this.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

An orange ls motor looks hot with the proper valve covers.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

So, to celebrate Boaz busting through that project car funk that gets to us all and getting the nova moving, we're going to have a dual project thread spotlight for the moment. Congrats on getting it running buddy. :toot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Boaz MacPhereson posted:

Oh god, nothing like a little pressure, huh?

Nah, ya done good and have a cool project going that I have followed for a long time. Its cool that you're making progress on it again, no matter how big or small. All encouragement and good vibes. :shobon: