Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Slung Blade
Jul 11, 2002

IN STEEL WE TRUST

Boaz MacPhereson posted:

I've been getting my thoughts together as to what needs to be tackled next and I will now present to all of you those ideas in full Slung Blade fashion. I've been running this list for a couple months to keep track so I'll omit the things that are already done.

Hahahahhaa, awesome. I hope this becomes a thing.

Also I like your Nova, they're neat cars. The grill is iconic and I love it.

Race you to road legality!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slung Blade
Jul 11, 2002

IN STEEL WE TRUST

Boaz MacPhereson posted:

Your Coronet is pretty goddamned cool too. All I need is to put the engine back in it, finish the brakes, buy new wheels and tires, put the dash back together, renew the license sticker, and get it insured. Loser hangs up the winner's flag in the garage?

THE DIE IS CAST

I might have a slight advantage because I'm not taking the motor out until it's road legal, so maybe we, or someone, will have to come up with a mitigating factor.

Slung Blade
Jul 11, 2002

IN STEEL WE TRUST

Well that looks eerily familiar.

Good job Boaz. :unsmith:

Slung Blade
Jul 11, 2002

IN STEEL WE TRUST

Boaz MacPhereson posted:

All I need now is some fluid and some new u-bolts and it's ready for installation. Hopefully I'll get some rotors for Christmas and then I can call the rear end finished. I'm feeling pretty damned accomplished today.

Way to go man. Differentials are loving hard. Is there anything to set end play with in the axle shafts?

Slung Blade
Jul 11, 2002

IN STEEL WE TRUST

Aww hell yes. Can't wait to see that installed.

Slung Blade
Jul 11, 2002

IN STEEL WE TRUST

Thelonious posted:

I'd check out the Hotchkis TVS kit. Looks like that'd knock out a good portion of your list in one swoop.

This. Installation is pretty easy, the instructions are a little wonky, but it works. Can't wait to get the rest on my car. Worst part is getting them to actually ship you the stuff.

Those wheels are gorgeous in those wells.

Slung Blade
Jul 11, 2002

IN STEEL WE TRUST

Your birthday is one day before mine.

What the actual gently caress.

Slung Blade
Jul 11, 2002

IN STEEL WE TRUST

Boaz MacPhereson posted:

It's actually on the 15th, but Wednesday's a bit of a poo poo day for birthday celebrations. Happy late birthday!

Still though!

Same to you man.

Slung Blade
Jul 11, 2002

IN STEEL WE TRUST

What's it like having actual space in your garage to work on things?

I hope to find out some day :smith:

Also:

Seat Safety Switch posted:

Yeah but that's just GM
Fixed.

I kid, I kid.

Slung Blade
Jul 11, 2002

IN STEEL WE TRUST

drat that looks good. Nice work Boaz.

Slung Blade
Jul 11, 2002

IN STEEL WE TRUST

Mmm, fresh suspension bits.

Nice job Boaz.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slung Blade
Jul 11, 2002

IN STEEL WE TRUST

Applebees Appetizer posted:

Holy poo poo, can't wait for the thread. Please don't let it die tho like slung blade did with his Coronet.

I just moved my content to my DIY thread after the ai thread fell into the archives because I'm a bonehead. I'm still working on the coronet.