Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Militant Lesbian
Oct 3, 2002

That looks like pretty much the first car my mom had, up until I was 6 or 7 years old. I remember having to go hold the throttle butterfly open when she tried to start it in winter because the choke was hosed up and it wouldn't start when it was cold out.

I wish you luck in your endeavor!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Militant Lesbian
Oct 3, 2002

CroatianAlzheimers posted:

If you really want to get fancy, get a set of these bad boys - Go-Jacks

Hmm, $499 vs. $8 x 4? I think HF wins this round, better luck next time, Amazon.

Militant Lesbian
Oct 3, 2002
Yeah, Snap-On makes a reeeeally nice cordless impact that has enough grunt to handle most bolts on any non-commercial-truck sized vehicle for around $300 and change iirc, I'd spring for something like that - they're useful enough to have that it's worth keeping one around.

Militant Lesbian
Oct 3, 2002
BMWs use hex head bolts for the trans and diff drain plugs too. 14mm and 17mm are the usual sizes. Sears sells a 4 pc set of huge 1/2" drivers that include both those sizes so you can use a breaker bar to get 'em out and a torque wrench to put them back in.