Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

No such thing as too much chafing protection, things move around a lot on cars.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Black wrinkle looks so good.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

First, gonna throw out a recommendation for getting some studs for the manifold/header bolts, it is so nice having those to hang the headers on instead of trying to hold the header and bolt it down at the same time.

That top row, I think I have an engine ground strap run to at least one of them, but other than that I'm pretty sure I don't have anything bolted to them in my C10. Front holes are indeed for accessory brackets.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

I got a set from Alper.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Commodore_64 posted:

How'd that stainless nut on stainless stud work out in practice? Any issues there?

Haven't had any reason to remove them yet.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

I did the exact same thing on the C10. Only difference is because I was also installing a radio in my Ranger at the time, it's a Ford plug (sacrilege, I know).

Also on that accessory drive, while I'm normally against running the steam line to the water pump (because if/when the pump needs to be replaced, now you have to redo that work) - if it's to a manifold that stays put and the pump is replaced separately, that's a really slick solution.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Oven cleaner works well, though I'd also call that good enough as it sits.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Boaz MacPhereson posted:

I plan on getting all my hose and fittings from RaceFlux as they run their own manufacturing and store so they've got some kickass discounts at certain price points.

Those look like drat good prices. Bookmarked for later use.