Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

8ender
Sep 24, 2003

clown is watching you sleep

Boaz MacPhereson posted:

Instead, I'm going with a BMW sensor. They seem to be the popular choice right alongside the VW units. As luck would have it, JagsThatRun actually sells a coolant tee in 1.5" with a 14mm x 1.5 fitting in it. This will go in my radiator hose and the BMW sensor will thread right in.

Turn back now man, the curse of the GDCS isn't in your car yet, there is still time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

8ender
Sep 24, 2003

Honestly at that price I'd replace it without question. From your diagnosis it sure sounds like it's hosed, and better to do it before you button up the interior further.

8ender
Sep 24, 2003

Boaz MacPhereson posted:

I'm extremely happy with how it turned out. I'm not so sure about the finish, though. I hit the whole thing with a green Scotchbrite pad to give it kind of a "brushed" finish, but it's still not quite as clean as I'd liked it to be. I'm thinking I'll probably paint it eventually.

Paint is all fine and good but may I introduce you to the good word of the lord vinyl wrap. Choose any finish you want, once you start wrapping you won't stop.

8ender
Sep 24, 2003

Boaz MacPhereson posted:

First thing was hogging out some holes in the rear shackles to try to bring the rear end up just a little bit. It's incredible what difference a drill with some balls makes. When I installed them the first time, 2 holes per shackle took way too drat long with the weak-rear end drill I was using. I got 4 holes made today with the M12 Fuel in no time. Didn't even need the Astroglide. I think it's time for the old corded to finally go to the big tool shed in the sky. Slammed that all back together but didn't take any pictures. Rear tire clearance is better now so that's cool.

The M12 Milwaukee tools punch so far above their weight I have to believe they're magic. I bought the Drill and Impact combo and they perform way better than they have any right to given their size.