Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.
Oh, man. You guys have gotta check out Agricola. This is like the best board game ever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

What the hell was I up to in 2008?

I'm reasonably certain I existed...

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

gently caress off hpapyefl

Darth Various
Oct 23, 2010

Covok posted:

Games other than D&D? Hell, I am not even aware people still play traditional games. Maybe in college I will have a rulelawyer roomate who will force me to sit down for a medicore campaign that will cause me to like such things.

Yeah, I don't know what that other guy is on about. There's a revolution going on. Hey, Capes is a pretty cool supers game that's not stuck in the simulationist rut. I'm sure we'll see a lot more from this Tony Lower-Basch guy in the coming years. :v:

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

I'M A BIG DORK WHO POSTS TOO MUCH ABOUT CONVENTIONS LOOK AT THIS

TOVA TOVA TOVA
I know somebody who played an early playtest of 4th Edition and he is worried that it is wow 4 babby

I will now believe this impression without investigating for myself and post it here 24/7 until I am permabanned sometime in 2011.

Unless someone can turn me away from this path!

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
Blackbird Dreaming is close to its first birthday. That's a great achievement, considering the way most games here go, for a great game.

TheSoundNinja
May 18, 2012

OMG I LUV BIG EYES SMALL MOUTH SECOND REVISED EDITION! I NEVER FEEL LIKE ANY OTHER SYSTEM IS NECESSARY.

Yes, this was me back then. Past me was stupid. Thank God that I ran into my first case of min/maxing by an emotionally abusive towards women grognard.

Winson_Paine
Oct 27, 2000

Wait, something is wrong.

frankenfreak posted:

Must be a slow weekend. Onto posted only 3 recruits.

You are amazing

The Lore Bear
Jan 21, 2014

I don't know what to put here. Guys? GUYS?!
Guys, Hunter: The Vigil is pretty great! I don't think I'll need another game for supernatural stuff outside of nWoD!

Libertad!
Oct 30, 2013

You can have the last word, but I'll have the last laugh!

Quarex posted:

I know somebody who played an early playtest of 4th Edition and he is worried that it is wow 4 babby

I will now believe this impression without investigating for myself and post it here 24/7 until I am permabanned sometime in 2011.

Unless someone can turn me away from this path!

Okay, here we go.

"Instant gratification" is going to be the most common complaint in comparisons to World of Warcraft. Go play WoW, and try to get the best poo poo possible for your character.

Boom, I just curbstomped the Edition Warrior's argument of choice.

In fact, I'm tired of hearing those doomsayers. Somebody should make a database or thread or something chronicling the worst quotes.

Libertad! fucked around with this message at 03:58 on Jul 20, 2014

LongDarkNight
Oct 25, 2010

It's like watching the collapse of Western civilization in fast forward.
Oven Wrangler
Let's stop the edition warring and take a page from the book of peace. Israel and Hamas declared a cease fire in Gaza this morning. Things are looking up in the world.

XyloJW
Jul 23, 2007

LongDarkNight posted:

Let's stop the edition warring and take a page from the book of peace. Israel and Hamas declared a cease fire in Gaza this morning. Things are looking up in the world.

:smith:

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Gau posted:

Has anyone seen the new World of Darkness books? I'm debating picking them up. Do you need the core book to play Vampire or whatever?

They're awesome, totally and completely fixed all the problems with the old system. it is literally perfect in EVERY way, there are no flaws LALALA I CAN'T HEAR YOU

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Plaguing your posts with incidental music.
Ugh why do people keep posting all these PDQ recruits, I only like to play evil-aligned 3.5 games at level 8, maybe 7. And none of this tome of battle bs either. <:mad:>

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

neongrey posted:

Ugh why do people keep posting all these PDQ recruits, I only like to play evil-aligned 3.5 games at level 8, maybe 7. And none of this tome of battle bs either. <:mad:>

PDQ is Pretty fun, but you should play new World of Darkness, you can play anything in that system, it's the best universal system out there.

gently caress GURPS.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Error 404 posted:

gently caress GURPS.

User was put on probation for this post.

Requested by: Winson_Paine
Approved by: Winson_Paine

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

I wouldn't learn gurps anyway, the only dude who runs that poo poo is tairn and I cba to pick up a system like that for a game which will only last ten minutes before he closes it.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT
And then winson closed his game...

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Don't worry, he'll start a new one tomorrow.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

guys these tieflings look baller now

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Alouicious posted:

guys these tieflings look baller now

No they don't, they don't match up with the appearance tables from Races of Faerun or Planescape. Does Wizards not care about canon at all with this edition?

Winson_Paine
Oct 27, 2000

Covok posted:

User was put on probation for this post.

Requested by: Winson_Paine
Approved by: Winson_Paine

:siren: PARTY FOUL :siren:

Winson will not be a mod for four more years!

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT
*Says something mean to Winson that would totally be mod sass in the future but is totally ok right now in 2008*

Kellsterik
Mar 30, 2012
Not sure why everyone is talking about 4e in general chat when a specific thread was just posted?

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Arivia posted:

No they don't, they don't match up with the appearance tables from Races of Faerun or Planescape. Does Wizards not care about canon at all with this edition?

pffff, can it square

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Winson_Paine posted:

Winson will not be a mod for four more years!

Covok will not be an SA member for five more years!

Gau
Nov 18, 2003

I don't think you understand, Gau.
Winson, you guys ever gonna have kids? I'd bet they'd be cute.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Arivia posted:

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
Is anyone planning to pick up the hardcover of The Extraordinary Adventures of Baron Munchausen?

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Gau posted:

Winson, you guys ever gonna have kids? I'd bet they'd be cute.

Pro

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
So how come tieflings are a race but aasimar aren't?

Winson_Paine
Oct 27, 2000

SunAndSpring posted:

So how come tieflings are a race but aasimar aren't?

sucks to your assmar

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

DalaranJ posted:

Oh, man. You guys have gotta check out Agricola. This is like the best board game ever.
What? A game about farming in Startropics?

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

Winson_Paine posted:

sucks to your assmar

I wanna marry this post.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord
I feel really sorry for Paizo, so I'm subscribing to their Pathfinder adventure path. Way to go, little guys!

(sadly, this actually happened.)

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

dwarf74 posted:

I feel really sorry for Paizo, so I'm subscribing to their Pathfinder adventure path. Way to go, little guys!

(sadly, this actually happened.)

It's a good product in general but uh yeah I can't blame you for not being excited about spending $15 on rape ogre volume and another $15 on s&m incest succubi volume.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

Arivia posted:

It's a good product in general but uh yeah I can't blame you for not being excited about spending $15 on rape ogre volume and another $15 on s&m incest succubi volume.
I have no idea what's in them. I got all of Rise of the Runelords, but didn't even crack open the 2nd through 6th ones. Canceled after, because I liked 4e.

They are still on a shelf somewhere.

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

I'M A BIG DORK WHO POSTS TOO MUCH ABOUT CONVENTIONS LOOK AT THIS

TOVA TOVA TOVA

Halloween Jack posted:

What? A game about farming in Startropics?
Jesus I cannot believe there is anyone else who still instantly thinks this every time he sees the name.

But of course you do, Halloween Jack. You have always been my special forums angel.

Baron Snow
Feb 8, 2007

Yeah, I'm on the same boat. Whenever Mongol talks about it, I think I need a yo-yo. Hey, since we're talking video games, and I know I'm like 6 months slow on this, have any of you played the Neverwinter Nights 2 expansion yet?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Winson_Paine
Oct 27, 2000

I read something in on huffpo about crowdfunding the other day. WTF is that? I wonder if it will do anything for TG poo poo

• Locked thread