Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Well, we've reached another June, goons.

Bush is on his way out, gas prices have never been higher, and 4th edition has just launched.

After a half decade of 3e, we're seeing something new out of D&D. I know some people feel like arguing about martial healing, the death of multiclassing, and anime art, but keep all the edition warring to YCS.

Let's just enjoy another warm summer by hiding indoors in our parent's basement talking about elfgames.

Covok fucked around with this message at 05:43 on Jul 19, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Gau posted:

Man, I am SO EXCITED for D&D 4th edition! It's going to be awesome. Have you seen that hilarious preview video with the guy grappling the ogre?

It was so true to form, wasn't it? And I love how I could not tell what accent he had or what he was saying. How about the gnome flash videos or the one with the Lady of Pain with the excessive gore? Brilliant.

Rawr, I'm a monster!

Winson_Paine posted:

You were posting about RANGERS I bet

I mean they had a good run. They actually broke a record for most doubles in a single season. Go rangers, right?

Covok fucked around with this message at 05:44 on Jul 19, 2014

Covok
May 27, 2013

Libertad! posted:

At-will powers for Fighters?!

Magic rituals that ANY class can use?

What it this poo poo, Chrono Trigger? Keep that weeaboo bullshit in Tome of Battle splatbooks, where they belong!

Hey, hey, hey. Take that stuff to Your Console Sucks, thank you.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Libertad! posted:

You can't silence me! Free speech means that I can say whatever I want!

RIP Dungeons & Dragons
1972-2008

If it makes you feel better, I heard rumors that Paizo will continue supporting 3.5.

Now, take your teenage nerd tears back to live journal where it belongs.

Covok
May 27, 2013

I saw their flowchart for grappling. I think their addition of CAB and CMD might lead to one of my players possibly considering to grapple once maybe. Still, I feel like supporting WotC and D&D. True fans follow blindly.

Covok
May 27, 2013

A Catastrophe posted:

B-but I am a new arrival in these environs! How could I possibly be posting in a thread in 2008?

Don't Question The Thread Title. Do Not Think. Obey. Type. Post.

Covok
May 27, 2013

DalaranJ posted:

Whoo, 2008! I barely even know or acknowledge that there is an independent gaming scene.

Still playing Arcana Evolved, but I'll take a look at 4th ed around Christmas. Let's play D&D forever and never consider any other genres or games!

Games other than D&D? Hell, I am not even aware people still play traditional games. Maybe in college I will have a rulelawyer roomate who will force me to sit down for a medicore campaign that will cause me to like such things.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Error 404 posted:

gently caress GURPS.

User was put on probation for this post.

Requested by: Winson_Paine
Approved by: Winson_Paine

Covok
May 27, 2013

Winson_Paine posted:

:siren: PARTY FOUL :siren:

Winson will not be a mod for four more years!

Covok will not be an SA member for five more years!

Covok
May 27, 2013

Have you heard about the OSR? Apparently people are making "retro-clones" of older editions of D&D. I wonder if this is related to the controversy surrounding D&D's new edition.

Covok
May 27, 2013

I heard bioware, makes of Mass Effect, are making a new, D&D inspired game called Dragon Age. All the previews for it look nice. It comes out next year.

Best bit: they're making a tabletop rpg for it. Anint that cool? To get it out on time, they plan on selling it in chunks like BECMI so the first 5 levels will be available at launch. I don't like it too much -- seems money grubby --,but, hey, it's not like it's going to take them years to finish the game. You know, it's not like it's going to take them from 2008 to 2014 before they release the final set. That'd be silly. That'd be like WotC slightly longer than that to develop a shoddy 3.5 derivative and calling it 5th edition.

Covok
May 27, 2013

LongDarkNight posted:

Worst case scenario someone runs off with all the crowdfunding money leaving the project unfinished.

I'm sure services that would offer crowdfunding projects will have a rigorous process to be approved. This ought to weed out the bad eggs and scammers.

Fund My Life!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Covok
May 27, 2013

Ewen Cluney posted:

I just spent the last month using every spare moment translating Maid RPG. I am so freaking burned out right now. But it looks like we're going to make it in time for Gen Con.

Did you actually make it in time for Gen Con?

• Locked thread