Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Libertad!
Oct 30, 2013

You can have the last word, but I'll have the last laugh!
At-will powers for Fighters?!

Magic rituals that ANY class can use?

What it this poo poo, Chrono Trigger? Keep that weeaboo bullshit in Tome of Battle splatbooks, where they belong!

Libertad! fucked around with this message at 05:47 on Jul 19, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Libertad!
Oct 30, 2013

Covok posted:

Hey, hey, hey. Take that stuff to Your Console Sucks, thank you.

You can't silence me! Free speech means that I can say whatever I want!

RIP Dungeons & Dragons
1972-2008

Libertad!
Oct 30, 2013

Tulul posted:

4E looks kind of cool, but I've been playing around with the Pathfinder playtest a lot lately, and I think I'm going to end up liking it more than 4E. It's like 3.5, but way better and a lot more streamlined. There are still some rough spots to work out, but I'm sure they'll work them all out. I'm really excited for it!

Awesome, I'm participating in it right now! There's no way things will screw up!

Oh no, Frank Trollman and the Gaming Den are getting into fights because the Paizo developers won't use his Tome series in their work. And he said via PM to another poster that the real reason he acts like a jerk is to further his agenda because people won't notice him if he doesn't act obnoxious, "like Fox News or the Chinese Media."

Aaaaaand he's been banned, and now he's getting his fans to quote him back on the Paizo boards. Back on the Den he's making juvenile homophobic jokes about how Jason Bulhman allegedly likes receiving oral sex from male fans after loving them in the rear end. This is highly inappropriate.

This actually happened.

Libertad! fucked around with this message at 06:15 on Jul 19, 2014

Libertad!
Oct 30, 2013

I'm particularly concerned about whether or not Eberron's timeline moves forward. Wizards better keep the best D&D setting metaplot-free!

Libertad!
Oct 30, 2013

Quarex posted:

I know somebody who played an early playtest of 4th Edition and he is worried that it is wow 4 babby

I will now believe this impression without investigating for myself and post it here 24/7 until I am permabanned sometime in 2011.

Unless someone can turn me away from this path!

Okay, here we go.

"Instant gratification" is going to be the most common complaint in comparisons to World of Warcraft. Go play WoW, and try to get the best poo poo possible for your character.

Boom, I just curbstomped the Edition Warrior's argument of choice.

In fact, I'm tired of hearing those doomsayers. Somebody should make a database or thread or something chronicling the worst quotes.

Libertad! fucked around with this message at 03:58 on Jul 20, 2014

Libertad!
Oct 30, 2013

Covok posted:

Have you heard about the OSR? Apparently people are making "retro-clones" of older editions of D&D. I wonder if this is related to the controversy surrounding D&D's new edition.

Yeah, some folks managed to find a way to use the OGL to legally reprint 1st Edition AD&D rules, and other fans are following suit with their Editions of choice. It's nice to see folks spending more time focusing on the Editions they love rather than the ones that they hate. I'm quite certain that this will choke out the fires of the Edition Wars, now that there's an in-print version of every D&D corebook for people to play and build off of.

Libertad! fucked around with this message at 23:05 on Jul 23, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Libertad!
Oct 30, 2013

FMguru posted:

There are some gaming nerds with terrible opinions online, but I can't imagine a thread collecting them would run more than two or three pages - if that.

And I certainly can't see the far-right wing of the Dungeons & Dragons fandom turning it into their new boogeyman!

• Locked thread