Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I'll host a server but no one here is on my friends list anyway on there afaik.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

What mode are you doing.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Here. http://www.quakelive.com/r/join/1191c227-9ccb-4e85-b818-d3dc6d4e26ea It's freeze tag, I chose for you. lol

I don't feel like playing ATM.

The pass is PrincessZeldasEpicBoobs.

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!
I'm not going to do Mumble.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Well whatever, when you all have a plan let me know and I'll host something.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

For now, here's http://www.quakelive.com/r/join/799de08c-dc0d-4e3a-a32e-da0670d115f0 FFA with the same pass. Just copy paste that into Join by URL or something.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy
ok ok fine I'll install this and kill you

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Fenrir posted:

ok ok fine I'll install this and kill you

Good luck goon.

stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot
i'm awful

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I can't believe I get 120 ping to Washington DC from Florida. The same ping as a the Finnish guy.

stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot

or maybe not!

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

I'm even worse

e: yeah I'm terrible at thsi when I'm drunk

not that I'd be that much better sober but it wouldn't be that bad

Fenrir fucked around with this message at 03:09 on Jul 30, 2014

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Years later, I'm reminded that I can't hit a thing with the railgun and that good railgun users terrify me.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

I'll probably play a little bit of Quake Live everyday. Hit me up anytime someone wants to play. I need to work on my... everything.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

qnqnx posted:

Years later, I'm reminded that I can't hit a thing with the railgun and that good railgun users terrify me.

Some days I'm epic at it and some days I can't hit a thing.

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!
That finnish guy destroyed us. I'll have to train harder.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Bloodmobile will get rocked. One day.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

qnqnx posted:

you used to have to lead shots based on people's ping and that was a fun skill to learn

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

I want to be the very best, like no one ever was. To frag them is my real test, to railgun is my cause.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Kazvall posted:

I want to be the very best, like no one ever was. To frag them is my real test, to railgun is my cause.

LG's probably the better weapon to learn if you just play FFA.

stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot
the only weapon i know how to use is the shotgun because it was like i was playing scout in tf2

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Wormskull posted:

LG's probably the better weapon to learn if you just play FFA.

Eh, I don't use the railgun too much. I was just making a pokemon funny.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I'm not a FFA expert though, I don't mind it but I don't play it that often. But most FFA experts I've talked to say it's a lot about LG.

stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot
why is the default gun so garbage? the gauntlet is all around a better weapon that it.

Bloodmobile
Jun 15, 2012
you mean the entirety of quake live outside of instagib is almost entirely about lg

e: the starting weapon did like half more damage in vanilla quake 3, they nerfed it along with every other hitscan weapon for quake live

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

stoutfish posted:

why is the default gun so garbage? the gauntlet is all around a better weapon that it.

It's actually fairly win.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

qnqnx posted:

When I was 10+ years younger and sober I could pretty much ruin people's lives with that thing. Now... yeah, not so much.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

surc
Aug 17, 2004

I live on the west coast and also have no time any more sorry guys, someday soon I will join you :(

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

I recently discovered that I have little to no worthwhile multiplayer games, in addition, my rig sucks and my internet connection is shotty. But I do really want to play so I'll try to find a way.

Schnedwob
Feb 28, 2014

my legs are okay
I would be up for an Imp Zone Awesomenauts crew, if anyone else here is into platformer-MOBAs of middling quality.

Schnedwob fucked around with this message at 09:49 on Jul 30, 2014

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

No Such Thing posted:

I recently discovered that I have little to no worthwhile multiplayer games, in addition, my rig sucks and my internet connection is shotty. But I do really want to play so I'll try to find a way.

Quake Live is based on a game released in 1999 or something. Jump in.

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug

Schnedwob posted:

I would be up for an Imp Zone Awesomenauts crew, if anyone else here is into platformer-MOBAs of middling quality.
Awsomenauts has been in like every bundle too so everyone should own it.

I hear it's a LOT better then most mobas. Are there a bunch of unlocks or can you pretty much go in cold?

Schnedwob
Feb 28, 2014

my legs are okay

But Rocks Hurt Head posted:

Awsomenauts has been in like every bundle too so everyone should own it.

I hear it's a LOT better then most mobas. Are there a bunch of unlocks or can you pretty much go in cold?

It's the only MOBA I'll play, merely because it's a fun battle-platformer, not a horrible clickmans. Smite seems sorta similar, but it's still got that horrible hour-long match poo poo.

There are quite a few unlocks, but a handful of the best characters (especially for new players) are right there at the start. I recommend rolling Lonestar (space cowboy) or Clunk (killbot turned heavy-duty janitor) to get a hang of things, then trying out whoever seems cool once you know some poo poo. Most every character is pretty cool, fun, and well-thought-out. It's not like DotA where you've got a million generic grimdark elementals

Dec 26, 2012

how long is an awesomenauts match

Schnedwob
Feb 28, 2014

my legs are okay
15-20 minutes. Half an hour if both teams turtle as hard as possible. I've also seen steamrolls of less than 10 minutes, so. yeah.

Dec 26, 2012

that sounds totally reasonable in comparison yeah

Schnedwob
Feb 28, 2014

my legs are okay
It sometimes still happens the enemy team tips the scale past the "get hosed" point, but since the game is way faster paced than other MOBAs, that shameful period of inevitable loss is mercifully short

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy
huh, apparently I got awesomenauts in some bundle or some thingy whatever soemwhere, so yeah I'll try it with you guys sometime