Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

I have Awesomenauts. It's a pretty fun game. If I had people to play with I actually might play.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schnedwob
Feb 28, 2014

my legs are okay
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3498476&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1

Games thread for rear end yum knots is here. As of right now it's mostly just people sharing steam contacts

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

But Rocks Hurt Head posted:

Awsomenauts has been in like every bundle too so everyone should own it.

I hear it's a LOT better then most mobas. Are there a bunch of unlocks or can you pretty much go in cold?

They must have been some real bad bundles because I skipped all the ones with Awesomenauts.

Bloodmobile
Jun 15, 2012
lmao if youve ever bought a bundle of indie games

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

I am addicted to quake live again. I could play the edge all day. I feel like bono with his big bug sunglasses starring as the real jeff goldbloom from the fly.

Bloodmobile
Jun 15, 2012
now get a pro sub and host some real cool game modes and maps

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Bloodmobile posted:

now get a pro sub and host some real cool game modes and maps

Fine dad I will

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

What are we playing tonight? UT? QL? Sven coop?

Bloodmobile
Jun 15, 2012
its quakeworld time.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Bloodmobile posted:

its quakeworld time.

I'm on board with that. Everyone get nquake. http://www.nquake.com/

Bloodmobile
Jun 15, 2012

Kazvall posted:

I'm on board with that. Everyone get nquake. http://www.nquake.com/

you dont even need to own quake to play nquake, it has the shareware version of it included. you just need to install it and youre good to go

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I downloaded it but I never played it before.

Bloodmobile
Jun 15, 2012

Wormskull posted:

I downloaded it but I never played it before.

main thing to know is that bunnyhopping is kinda closer to goldsrc games than quake 3, ie you need to do a big swoop with your mouse while you jump to gain initial speed and you need to let go of +forward and hold down a strafe key to gain momentum.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Bloodmobile posted:

main thing to know is that bunnyhopping is kinda closer to goldsrc games than quake 3, ie you need to do a big swoop with your mouse while you jump to gain initial speed and you need to let go of +forward and hold down a strafe key to gain momentum.
I never played those either but yea I know how Quake 1 jumping works kinda. I'm not good at it since I've only played Quake 1 once but w/e. Isn't there other poo poo like having binds that swap to guns to shoot and then go back to axe when you aren't shooting so you don't drop ammo or whatever.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Keep in mind the only game on my PC I played until like 2009 was Diablo and tycoon games.

Bloodmobile
Jun 15, 2012

Wormskull posted:

I never played those either but yea I know how Quake 1 jumping works kinda. I'm not good at it since I've only played Quake 1 once but w/e. Isn't there other poo poo like having binds that swap to guns to shoot and then go back to axe when you aren't shooting so you don't drop ammo or whatever.

thats only for tryhard tdm, since weapons have 30 second respawns and dropping a rocket launcher to the enemy team is the worst thing you can possibly do. in ffa and poo poo who cares, weapons have a respawn time of 0 seconds. if you have a 5 button mouse tho i suggest you make weapon fire scripts so that each button of your mouse swaps to and fires a different weapon since weapon switching is instant

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Can you not bind M1 to +forward and M2 to jump.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I'm just kidding although can you do M2 to jump because the nquake installer didn't have it as a option.

Bloodmobile
Jun 15, 2012
you can do whatever you want dude, the games your oyster

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Bloodmobile posted:

you can do whatever you want dude, the games your oyster

Okay.

Bloodmobile
Jun 15, 2012
well play it a lot starting right now and get good at it again

CARRIERHASARRIVED
Aug 25, 2010

when is quake happening

CARRIERHASARRIVED
Aug 25, 2010

oh right never mind

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Event has been set for 8 PM EST. Get nquake installed and setup so you'll be ready to go for some sweet deathly action like it was 1996.

https://www.nquake.com

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I'm going to take a nap.

CARRIERHASARRIVED
Aug 25, 2010

Kazvall posted:

Event has been set for 8 PM EST. Get nquake installed and setup so you'll be ready to go for some sweet deathly action like it was 1996.

https://www.nquake.com

Do you have an idea when you guys will finish because I might not be home right at eight but I still want to play

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.

CARRIERHASARRIVED posted:

Do you have an idea when you guys will finish because I might not be home right at eight but I still want to play

the serious sam playthroughs went 2-3 hours, probably depends on how long before people get bored

just jump on and check

Bloodmobile
Jun 15, 2012
quake live and ut2k4 lasted under an hour because people get mad when i own them and leave

Bloodmobile
Jun 15, 2012
quakeworld time right now, connect qw.quakephil.com:27501 for ffa

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

RIP in packet loss

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

zen death robot posted:

Lol, bad host?

Hell if I know where the host even is, but I should not be getting 260+ ping. FOr everyone else is working fine.

stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot
this game is stupid fast and hard

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

zen death robot posted:

:eyepop:

ARIN Lookup says:

IP Address 69.31.82.226
Host qw.quakephil.com
Location US, United States
City New York, NY 10004
Organization Pilosoft
ISP nLayer Communications

Even servers that supposedly are closer I'm getting 200+ ping and the ensuing constant teleporting, I just don't know anymore.

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.
Every time i switch weapons i fire one shot and it switches back to the shotgun

that + total poo poo at quake = super lame times

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

I am so bad at quakeworld, it hurts.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Duel is probably better but FFA is kind of dull IMO. Even the people complaining about campers stood on LG or RL as much as they can lol.

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

zen death robot posted:

Maybe your cablemodem is hosed tonight?

Checking pings in other games... yeah, something is royally hosed in here.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Well at least when you do move and manage not to be instantly killed its fairly fast. Some of the moving around is a little irritating on like stairs and poo poo but I'm just used to QL and it's how Q1 was I guess.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Other stuff probably due to old age like the controls and the feedback I don't like much either. I'm too much of a newbie in the FPS world.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I never played Q2 but I like watching it when it's on Tastyspleen and I get the chance.