Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bellmeistr
Jul 2, 2007
Upgrading your hq as fast as possible is solid advice. There's no reason to max your upgrades before going up in hq and it will make the game frustrating and boring as hell.

Also, the op in this thread is incredibly helpful in regards to power stones: http://forum.supercell.net/showthread.php/219660-yesup-s-Ultimate-Guide-to-Power-Stones-and-Statues

Bellmeistr fucked around with this message at 18:36 on Jul 20, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bellmeistr
Jul 2, 2007
I'm hq 16, lvl 40, with 420 or so vps. Once you get to a certain lvl, upgrades start costing way more than you can safely hold. That's when you'll start getting owned by tmeds (tanks+meds), hookas (heavies+zookas), or a good old fashioned warrior rush. It's hard to keep your vps low at that point because you'll need to attack players to get enough resources for an upgrade, you'll never farm them fast enough without getting attacked and plundered. And without a shielding system, you can be attacked 3 times in a row and lose essentially everything your vault isn't protecting.

That's one thing I found off putting about the game. Aside from upping your defenses and keeping low resources, there's no reliable way to not get attacked like in coc. When a player appears on your map, their resource reward is locked in, so even though you might currently have less resources than your vault can hold, you'll still get attacked because you opponent might have been matched to you when you were saving for an upgrade and they just waited to attack you. It just makes the whole match making process seem very random.

Bellmeistr
Jul 2, 2007

Nosre posted:

I'm 99% sure I read advice on SA to never attack the little NPC bases, cause doing so raises your Victory Points and matches you up with tougher opponents. Maybe it was in the CoC thread before this split off?

Anyway, I started doing that about a week ago and think I disagree with it. Invasions (new bases spawning) have slowed to a trickle, and as a result I'm rapidly running out of human targets. I've completely clearcut a whole quarter of my map:

There's 11 human bases on the rest of it, but half of those are either high level (and also have great loot, so I'm saving them until I can take them) or have particular resource layouts (like one guy with a massive amount of stone) that I save for when I need them.

Anyone else have a similar experience or idea about these mechanics?

I stopped attacking NPC bases awhile ago (HQ 16) since they got tough as poo poo and most of the time give terrible rewards for the potential losses. This is just what I've observed, but I believe your map has a certain amount of NPC and human bases allowed on it, independent of eachother, so if you clear an NPC base it replaces it with another NPC base, not a human. That may be wrong, but it has seemed that way to me for awhile.

Bellmeistr
Jul 2, 2007

jm20 posted:

Is there a limit to the number of shards or power you can hold? Is it 99?

It's 9 million.

http://forum.supercell.net/showthread.php/219660-yesup-s-Ultimate-Guide-to-Power-Stones-and-Statues

Bellmeistr
Jul 2, 2007
I'm pretty excited for this. I just hit hq 20 and have been wondering what to aim for next. The combat definitely needs something more interesting added and hopefully this is it.

Bellmeistr
Jul 2, 2007
Update inc. S.T.C.A. you want the honors of creating the task force?

Bellmeistr
Jul 2, 2007

Putty posted:

same guy

He gemmed those troops too, wow. How many did you end up getting off him?

Bellmeistr
Jul 2, 2007

RVT posted:

What troop levels does Tmed become viable?

What's most important is two landing crafts of medics and then making sure the rest the landing crafts can hold two tanks. They are viable from the get go like that.

Unrelated, hammersmith are you still playing this game?

Bellmeistr
Jul 2, 2007

S.T.C.A. posted:

I seem to get 4 medium crystals as my daily VP reward every other day or so with 450+ VP, so maybe some of the 500+ guys can weigh in.

At ~625 VP I get 6 medium crystals from the VP reward.

Bellmeistr
Jul 2, 2007

Summit posted:

In the OP it says resources are not vulnerable until collected. Is this true? I can't find a straight answer on it. Seems most people agree the boats are safe but what about unclicked resource collectors?

Resource base and reward boats are safe. Your collectors in your base are not.

Bellmeistr
Jul 2, 2007

You suck like op rewards.

Bellmeistr
Jul 2, 2007
New update is out. I'm interested to try out the scorcher and hope to god they haven't nerfed my tanks too much.

NEW TROOP
- The Scorcher is a massive armored unit with a short range and attention span. It takes a boatload of Energy to deploy and leaves with a bang, harming everything nearby
- Available at HQ 18 (because we want something cool to unlock at each HQ level - we're getting there!)

NEW STUFF
- New Power Base tactical note system for Task Forces
- See information about your attacker's statues
- Several new Power Base layouts
- Find new wildlife on your island
- Female villagers
- New Gunboat upgrade visuals
- New Flamethrower upgrade visuals
- New, more accurate visual effect for Boom Mine explosions
- Tap on your Submarine's dive location while it's exploring the depths

IMPROVEMENTS
- The Grenadier now throws faster and further, with a slightly increased grenade explosion radius (DPS remains the same)
- Statue boosts will pause automatically during maintenance
- Increased Ice Statue boost times to 10h per PP
- Cannons, Boom Cannons and Boom Mines no longer deal double damage to Tanks, but instead deal more damage overall
- Tanks do more damage and train faster, but have less health
- Operation Intel costs now scale according to the size of your Task Force (tap here for more info)
- Sabotage price reduced (initially 3, then +2 per subsequent sabotage)
- Better pathfinding for all troops
- Gunboat ability grid when attacking is now pixel precise
- Recommended Task Forces now tell you why they're being recommended to you

CHANGES
- Matchmaking for 600 VPs and upwards has been changed (tap here for more info)
- PvP loot bonus is no longer determined by the strength of your opponent's defenses, only their total XP matters
- Added bonus to loot when attacking high VP players
- Dr. Terror's visiting hours have changed (tap here for more info)

YOUR FEEDBACK
- If you leave a Task Force at any point during an Operation, you won't receive the OP reward, even if you re-join before the Operation finishes
- Officers can only kick a Task Force Member every 20 minutes
- You can join 10 Task Forces per day
- Landing Craft colors improved

BUGSPLAT
- Turrets no longer rotate all day long
- Friends list will show the correct VPs for your friends
- Sabotage button greys out when a sabotage is happening
- Attacking within the '4 minute next invasion window' won't reset the timer back to 4 minutes anymore
- Bouncing Dr. Terror base visual glitch removed
- Changed the Grenadier's movement speed text from moderate to slow (no change to his in-game movement speed)
- You can no longer leave 1-3 NPC bases on your map to 'game' the PvP base spawns (a fully empty map always gives the best chance of new invasions, as originally intended)

Bellmeistr
Jul 2, 2007

jm20 posted:

Tanks are down slightly statistically, but no longer take 2x damage :woop: Flame tanks are op :siren:

Tanks + Scorchers suck. The short range of the Scorcher is pretty lovely and ended up just dieing while my tanks slowly dps'ed behind it. I'll have to try it on more player bases.

Bellmeistr
Jul 2, 2007

nightwisher posted:

:psyduck: :psyduck: :psyduck:

Boosted masterpiece production statues and no vault. I don't even know what the gently caress is going on here.

The vault could be in the trees. Boosted green statues are dumb though.

Bellmeistr
Jul 2, 2007
Looks like they want to make it even harder to get a large amount of loot at once:
http://forum.supercell.net/showthread.php/597232-Event-Changes-Coming-Next-Update

They're going to make the twice weekly Dr Terror events in to a daily event of 7 levels and then add a new event for some days. Non-stop cucking with even less chance to get big chunks of loot, yay! And if you boost for terror, now you can boost everyday!

Bellmeistr
Jul 2, 2007
Goonfleet has 5 open slots if any wants to join the big boys task force and hear guh say weird poo poo and fantasize about dr terror.

Bellmeistr
Jul 2, 2007

idiotsavant posted:

There's no way to change my LC order around ither than changing all my troops out, is there? Hvy/Zooka/Hvy is annoying me. Seems like kind of a big oversight if you can't just switch boats around :/

Just swap out the troops before you go to sleep. You get a full refund on your troops. Unless you're limited by your landing crafts levels, then just learn to upgrade better.

Bellmeistr
Jul 2, 2007

RVT posted:

What do the purple circles mean? Also, I think there used to be gold circles, were they the same?

What do the different borders mean?

The longer you stay in the number one spot, the fancier your border. Tap on the fancy border guy's level and it will tell you how long they've held the top position.

Bellmeistr
Jul 2, 2007
So this happened:

29 attacks in under 1.5 hrs with only one not rewarding diamonds with 99 diamonds total. Thanks random bad player. :wotwot:

I need to do some math to figure out how many dollars he spent to do this.

Bellmeistr
Jul 2, 2007
Goonfleet has one open spot and maybe another one soon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bellmeistr
Jul 2, 2007

ranbo das posted:

Which goon clan is most active/should I join?

Goonfleet

• Locked thread