Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BHB
Aug 28, 2011
i wish to be the egg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Wormskull posted:

Hello sir I would like one Gloom please.

make him a vileplume

Vadun
Mar 9, 2011

I'm hungrier than a green snake in a sugar cane field.

I want to be the very best

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Borsche69 posted:

make him a vileplume

You are a piece of poo poo.

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

I would like to be a poisonous piece of poo poo pokemon, preferably muk or garbodor

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

The average is 5.5? I thought it was 4. This is very unsettling.

Soral posted:

you single handedly wiped the first 4 of lance's party

:black101: i tore it up pretty sicknasty last time i better get in the queue again

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011
I hope im a zigzagoon, master of HMs

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮

Soral posted:

silver alicorn gets named after this leafeon because theres no way on earth im going to get luckier than this and find an actual espeon to name after them.

this is fine I like all the newer eeveelutions

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Wormskull's favorite pokemon is Vileplume.

shove me like you do
Dec 9, 2007

Real Neato

Fun Shoe

Nasgate posted:

I hope im a zigzagoon, master of HMs

Thats a funny way of spelling bibarrel.

I am a big dog made of fire woop, at least this game doesnt have near as much water as ruby. Bug catchers beware exmorte the entei gonna crispify your cocoons.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Borsche69 posted:

Wormskull's favorite pokemon is Vileplume.
It's Gloom.

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:
missed out on dying in the last thread, hoping to get corpsed up in this one!

TheBlackPharaoh
May 8, 2007
I died as i lived, off screen

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

I have such a big pokedick I'm so ready to kill some other pokemons

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is
i would like to be the shittiest member of your team

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Wormskull posted:

It's Gloom.

It's Bellossom

Soral
May 30, 2009

just a little epic meme for you poke fans out there ;-)

i did a lot of backtracking and stuff after i picked up the old rod to catch some more guys in water in areas i skipped catching pokemon in. we have 2 starter pokemon now and also ive spotted two more in areas ive already caught someone in. the randomizer has been really generous with those guys.

the new team rocket boss is a total pussy

!

welcome to the world, baby hole boy. also iggy i swear if u die before you become a jiggly puff to make that name work i will never forgive you. ill be doing the bug gym later on. knowing the randomizer, what used to be the easiest gym ever made will be full of like dragons or some bullshit.

obstipator
Nov 8, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
I want to be the very best.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
am i alive

fronz
Apr 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
where's mine

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

ungulateman posted:

i would like to be the shittiest member of your team

Sorry, Silver Alicorn already took the leafeon.

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
haha

Soral
May 30, 2009

fronz posted:

where's mine

youre on the list

yes

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

i see that i have good perserverance. i should serve you well on your journey

bara godzilla
Jul 27, 2010

dont kill me this time!! IDIOT

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
gently caress YEAH NINETAILS!

BHB
Aug 28, 2011
i am a disgusting pile of slime

...and also a grimer!!!!!

Soral
May 30, 2009

no update just yet so instead ill take this time to remind everyone that the randomizer patch is very good and you should use it even for non gimmick pokemon games. you can turn off the randomizing stuff and just keep in the catch em all mode stuff and the thing that makes it so haunters evolve into gengar at level 36 or w/e instead of through trading. its really good. please use it. it works with every pokemon game prior to x and y.

Soral
May 30, 2009

yeah, ok, whatever anthony

oh jesus loving christ. and i already caught a guy here too.

jerry is a total bitch and is fielding a gastly of his own (its poo poo compared to HogButcher, who is a pro gastly)

hello frank, i caught you in a heavy ball because youre a total lard rear end. also qnqnx is one step closer to becoming the best starter in all of pokemon. if you disagree you are wrong. the cosmic turtle owns. i decided i hosed around in side areas long enough and it was time to take on the azalea gym. in the vanilla game this gym was a complete and total piece of poo poo because its filled with bug pokemon who are defeated by a stiff breeze blowing by. let's see what the randomizer does to it!

:suicide:

actually it wasnt so bad. i fielded sharrrk the seel because i know that ice is strong against dragons!

seels are not ice type. also dragons are not weak against ice. it's a one way type disadvantage.

RIP sharrrk.

the rest of the gym goes well. i backed out and did some grinding in ilex forest next door and wiped up with the help of Omally and HogButcher. heres where were at after this gym:

benched guys are Grapplejak the monferno, hole boy the grimer, HogButcher the gastly, qnqnx the grotle, Omally the hitmonchan and BoredDG the seadra

dead guys are BlackPhara the riolu and sharrrk the seel. im so sorry. current team:

eagle eyed sperglords out there may notice that Deki knows payday. lumineon should not be able to learn payday under any circumstances. i got payday in tm89, the reward that you get for beating the bug gym. tm89 normally teaches u-turn, a move that lumineon IS able to learn.

what this means is that which pokemon can use what tm is stored in the tm's number, not in the move it teaches, and the randomizer patch scrambles what move each tm teaches but not which pokemon can make use of it. i am eagerly looking forward to the moment that i teach charizard how to use hydro pump or some equally insane move/pokemon match up

TexMexFoodbaby
Sep 6, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
can i be a pokemon? just like that one dungeon crawler thing? but better and not garbage?

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

what the gently caress. dragons are totally weak against ice. what did you do to me.

edit: oh you mean ice types aren't resistant to dragons. nm sorry for failing you

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

make me something not bug-type

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
pls include me again and hopefully this time i will be a water/fish based pokemon! if i am a gaybug again that is also ok!

also this is making me wish to play a pokemon game all the way through rather than stopping midway.

bara godzilla
Jul 27, 2010

Soral posted:

what this means is that which pokemon can use what tm is stored in the tm's number, not in the move it teaches, and the randomizer patch scrambles what move each tm teaches but not which pokemon can make use of it. i am eagerly looking forward to the moment that i teach charizard how to use hydro pump or some equally insane move/pokemon match up

ohm y god

Soral
May 30, 2009

sharrrk posted:

what the gently caress. dragons are totally weak against ice. what did you do to me.

edit: oh you mean ice types aren't resistant to dragons. nm sorry for failing you

yeah sorry i said that like a maroon. ice moves are super effective against dragons but dragon moves are not half damage against ice guys, unlike most other type matchups

also seel isnt even an ice type so even if it were true you still would have been murdered

e: seels evolved form is ice type

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.
seel is pretty bad, shellder is way more legit

Soral
May 30, 2009

first person to not already have a guy named after them picks the pokemon and gets the name

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

i shall be schlong the snake

Autoexec.bat
Dec 29, 2012

Just one more level
I missed out last time, so I'm ready to die this time around.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

You should totally unbench me coach I'm rarin for some fights

• Locked thread