Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lazlow
Nov 30, 2004

lol at caring what time something comes on tv in tyool two-thousand fifteen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

General Probe
Dec 28, 2004
Has this been done before?
Soiled Meat
I subscribed to Fox Soccer-2-Go which is in fact not a fast food joint but a streaming service where I can satisfy all my BuLi and UCL desires on demand and whenever I want! I am very happy with these developments. Gonna start with the Super Cup this Saturday!

General Probe fucked around with this message at 21:26 on Jul 30, 2015

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!

Lord of Garbagemen posted:

Ill give a 7 for effort, but a 3 for content of this troll post.

It seriously is important news for football viewers over here. No one gets the channel it was going to originally going to be on. I was serious about this deal courting/spawning Bayern plastics. The NBC deal has been a massive success and Fox is trying to compete and will dump a lot of resources into it.

Lazlow posted:

lol at caring what time something comes on tv in tyool two-thousand fifteen

Earliest games out of the big 4 with some of the least compelling football. Not worth waking up for. I prefer the Southern European model with plenty of late games.

Seltzer fucked around with this message at 20:50 on Jul 30, 2015

Lazlow
Nov 30, 2004

if only there were some technical means of archiving the footage to watch at your leisure

Lord of Garbagemen
Jan 28, 2014

Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!

Lazlow posted:

if only there were some technical means of archiving the footage to watch at your leisure

Go on...i think you might be on to something

Reset Smith
Apr 6, 2009
Yay! Dortmund have won in Klagenfurt! A successful start to Tuchel's tenure.
I genuinely don't know what to expect out of BVB this season, because I still don't really know what the heck happened last season.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

Reset Smith posted:

I genuinely don't know what to expect out of BVB this season, because I still don't really know what the heck happened last season.

Klopp got found out

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

Reset Smith posted:

Yeah, you really demolished that no-name Austrian team

Redczar
Nov 9, 2011

Reset Smith posted:

I couldn't watch but everyone on Twitter made it sound like the defense is as big of a joke as before

sicDaniel
May 10, 2009
The only positive thing about tonights performance is that expectations are now very low. (And noone was injured, although Wolfsberg tried really hard). The only difference to last season was that there were some new players on the pitch, but other than that, the exact same flaws and mistakes led to a game I've seen several times last year and they were lucky to not concede at least one goal.
Maybe they are not quite at 100% in terms of fitness and concentration, maybe the lovely pitch played a role, maybe the referee should have given some yellow cards to the Austrians or give that penalty to Mkhytarian...

Result is fine, of course. They'll beat them at home, no doubt. But against actual opponents, like on that first Bundesliga matchday, it won't be enough.

sicDaniel fucked around with this message at 22:47 on Jul 30, 2015

elbkaida
Jan 13, 2008
Look!

Reset Smith posted:

I think the second half of last season was a pretty good indication of the current strength of BVB. I read somewhere that advanced stats of the matches in the first half actually showed the results "should" have gone far more often their way, but they were basically super unlucky.

Redczar
Nov 9, 2011

elbkaida posted:

I read somewhere that advanced stats of the matches in the first half actually showed the results "should" have gone far more often their way, but they were basically super unlucky.

Apparently I'm an autist and can't tell if this is a joke or not, but if it isn't, you'd be amazed how many times people thought Dortmund were only "super unlucky" during a 34 match season. It's almost like it isn't bad luck

azathosk
Aug 20, 2006

Sup guys?
Shouldn't we have new thread soon? I'm ready for my :toxx:

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
That's a good point, the season is sort of starting tomorrow.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

poo poo you're right. New season, new thread, new toxxes. I think we still got a week though, tomorrow doesn't count.

I'll be doing my part and restarting the Kicktipp later today.

dogboy
Jul 21, 2009

hurr
Grimey Drawer

Katana Gomai posted:

I'll be doing my part and restarting the Kicktipp later today.

Where do I have to go for this Kicktipp thing? (If its open to anyone that is.)

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

dogboy posted:

Where do I have to go for this Kicktipp thing? (If its open to anyone that is.)

http://www.kicktipp.de/goons/tippuebersicht

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
Maybe this time I won't forget to tip for like 3 weeks.

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

hopterque posted:

Maybe this time I won't forget to tip for like 3 weeks.

haha yeah same *looks around nervously*

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Maybe this time I'll hold that pole position for longer than *checks notes* a month?!

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Healbot posted:

Maybe this time I'll hold that pole position
:negative:

Myron
Jul 13, 2009

Maybe this time I'll stay on top for most of the season and win again. :smug:

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

Redczar posted:

Apparently I'm an autist and can't tell if this is a joke or not, but if it isn't, you'd be amazed how many times people thought Dortmund were only "super unlucky" during a 34 match season. It's almost like it isn't bad luck

Yeah, these people were dumb, the team was obviously simply not good enough to win their games in the Hinrunde. On the other hand, you have people who say dumb poo poo like "Klopp got found out", when Dortmund were actually the 5th best team of the Rückrunde.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

Torrannor posted:

Yeah, these people were dumb, the team was obviously simply not good enough to win their games in the Hinrunde. On the other hand, you have people who say dumb poo poo like "Klopp got found out", when Dortmund were actually the 5th best team of the Rückrunde.

nice meltdown

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

:siren:DAS WALL OF SHAME:siren:

(new kicktipp is up)

nippythefish
Nov 20, 2007

FEED ME SNAKES

Myron posted:

Maybe this time I'll stay on top for most of the season and win again. :smug:

I thought you didn't take over the lead until the third week after the winter pause?

elbkaida
Jan 13, 2008
Look!

Torrannor posted:

But what was the big difference between BVB Hinrunde/Rückrunde? Remember that they played quite well in the Champions League in the same time they were bombing in the Bundesliga.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

elbkaida posted:

But what was the big difference between BVB Hinrunde/Rückrunde? Remember that they played quite well in the Champions League in the same time they were bombing in the Bundesliga.

They played like garbage in the domestic games in the first half of the season, is the difference.

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Katana Gomai posted:

:siren:DAS WALL OF SHAME:siren:

(new kicktipp is up)
I'm not at the bottom on the table :getin:

Mainz got gutted this transfer market but all should be well next season.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

hopterque posted:

They played like garbage in the domestic games in the first half of the season, is the difference.

The question is why they played like garbage in the first half of the season, and then played much better in the second half.

Myron
Jul 13, 2009

nippythefish posted:

I thought you didn't take over the lead until the third week after the winter pause?

Maybe. I just wanted to check, but Katana Gomai has already set up a new round. All I know is that I barely got to watch a game or even highlights for the first thre weeks last season and my tipps were terrible until that changed.

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

Torrannor posted:

The question is why they played like garbage in the first half of the season, and then played much better in the second half.

World cup exhaustion, lots of injuries without proper replacements, Klopp got found out etc

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

Katana Gomai posted:

Klopp got found out

ephex posted:

Klopp got found out

this is so the new thread title btw

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

Katana Gomai posted:

this is so the new thread title btw

good choice

Infected
Oct 17, 2012

Salt Incarnate

Can't wait for Klopp to take over at Bayern next year.

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->
I'll be watching the *squints eyes* Germany DFL-Supercup, yeah.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

This Douglas fellow sure is fast.

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

"Dieser Titel fehlt ihm noch in Deutschland"

I don't know how Pep even sleeps at night

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

Ivan Perišit