Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
elbkaida
Jan 13, 2008
Look!
Nice! I always thought Hannover had a big rivalry with Braunschweig, or is that just onesided?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elbkaida
Jan 13, 2008
Look!
Summer break is over, football is back! It's only the 3.Liga and you lot probably don't give a poo poo, but there are some more prolific teams battling for promotion including Osnabrück, Cottbus, Bielefeld, Dresden. They are however up against such crowd magnets as some Bundesliga second teams and the mighty SG Sonnenhof Großaspach.

I am sort of hosed since I can't go to matches any more and nobody bothers to show them on tv as far as I know, so it'll probably be a season spent in front of the liveticker. :toot:

elbkaida
Jan 13, 2008
Look!
Yeah I know they show some matches (like, two each?), will have to see if I can get them streamed.

Köln is probably a great source of entertainment no matter if you like or hate them. Even when they are doing well you just know the inevitable fall is just around the corner somewhere.

elbkaida
Jan 13, 2008
Look!
Yeah, that's basically every east german city that ever won anything: Magdeburg, Jena, Dresden, Leipzig (lmao) etc all trying to reach back to the glory days.

elbkaida
Jan 13, 2008
Look!
Classic. :thumbsup:

elbkaida
Jan 13, 2008
Look!

Smirr posted:

[in an extremely faggy voice] hmyeah let's have flares and fireworks at a first round cup match against a 4th league club while we're one up, let's do that because we are smart and have big penises. Let's drink ebbelwoi and suck each other off because we are humongous faggots. signed, every single supporter of "SGE"

What would be the correct time to light a flare, mr. straight guy? After the other team scores? After the match? Not at all? Not trying to defend Eintracht Frankfurt fans, but I don't see the problem with having a little fun like this.

elbkaida
Jan 13, 2008
Look!
Bahaha, eat it Schalke!

Sadly I don't live in Dresden now and had to watch it on TV. Rest assured I was making monkey sounds and throwing banana peels at the TV as soon as someone darker than me was shown!

elbkaida
Jan 13, 2008
Look!
Today there is no higher class football around, so all eyes on 3.Liga! If you feel like it they show a "Konferenz" of Halle-Rostock and Dresden-Regensburg on MDR at 14:00.

I am very pleasantly surprised by how the season has been going for Dynamo so far, the team played some really nice attacking football and times and managed to not embarass themselves too much so far. Some setbacks after the centre back pair got injured following the cup win vs Schalke, but it's looking up again.

In general all the relegated teams are in the top third right now and two of the newly promoted sides sit in the relegation zone - the one exception is SG Sonnenhof Großaspach (I still love this name), who are doing quite well at No. 10.

This was your semi-annual 3.Liga post, thanks for reading. :D

elbkaida
Jan 13, 2008
Look!

Healbot posted:

Also Rudy as starting rightback is making me laugh.

Löw must really dislike Großkreutz, no idea why he even brings him along...

elbkaida
Jan 13, 2008
Look!
Schalke lose in Dresden but draw in London, haha. Despite looking like poo poo in a lot of games, they might still sneak into the next round and get 4th in the Bundesliga, because everybody else isn't any good either, it's silly.

elbkaida
Jan 13, 2008
Look!
Wtf is going on with Dortmund? I just saw the match report and the team that started looked absolutely sick: Solid defense, excellent midfield, but they still lose somehow??? Is this like the old way when they would play really nice but waste a ton of chances and get punished? Seems weird.

elbkaida
Jan 13, 2008
Look!
I think as long as BVB is doing well in the CL it isn't too bad. But it really is unbelievable how you can trash Galatasaray 4-0 away on one day and then not even manage to get a draw at home to Hannover or loving HSV(!).

Difference to a CL spot is now 9 points, that should be seriously worrying to the people in charge. On the other hand I think the team is fully capable to make up that difference since they have the second best squad in the league by a distance IMO. Or just hire Tuchel, whatever. :)

elbkaida
Jan 13, 2008
Look!
Round of 16 for the first time in 20 years, gently caress yeah! Bundesliga teams doing pretty poo poo, about half of the teams next round going to be from lower leagues.

elbkaida
Jan 13, 2008
Look!

Katana Gomai posted:

Oh what the hell, the draw for the 1/8th final is TONIGHT. Almost missed it because I watched the Leverkusen game on Sky, apparently they'll do it in the Sportschau Club.

Oh, good to know! There are still some beatable teams in there, looking forward to next round :getin:

I am unclear on the Comvalius = idiot thing, did he say something in an interview or what?

elbkaida
Jan 13, 2008
Look!
There's a reason he plays 3.Liga, you know. He does a decent job at being a target man and holding/distributing the ball but is not always good at moving dynamic situations.

elbkaida
Jan 13, 2008
Look!
gently caress, what a lovely draw. All lower league teams get drawn with Bundesliga sides, what are the odds, eh. Hardly any interesting games and poor old Dynamo gets the second Champions League participant as opponent this season. :emo:

elbkaida
Jan 13, 2008
Look!
Hamburg is outside the relegation zone and Dortmund is in L M A O

elbkaida
Jan 13, 2008
Look!
Buyout clauses are obviously shoved into contracts by greedy agents. They are the ones who profit most from players changing teams as often as possible.

elbkaida
Jan 13, 2008
Look!
Time for Bayern to buy one or two more defensive midfielders (of Lahm's height ideally)!

elbkaida
Jan 13, 2008
Look!
After watching today's match, I can fully understand why Dortmund do so badly in the league. That was dreadful, Immobile and Aubameyang looked completely clueless as to what they were supposed to be doing upfront.

elbkaida
Jan 13, 2008
Look!
:eyepop: Wolfsburg and Augsburg ahead of Leverkusen.

elbkaida
Jan 13, 2008
Look!
So if we look at the stats we see that Bayern has lost all games after the winter break while Dortmund is yet unbeaten. Seems the title race is wide open again! Maybe the Bayern players spent a bit too much time watching their own highlights videos from earlier in the season instead of practising???

But seriously, first game lost on matchday 18 is pretty crazy. Even weirder that it was a 4:1 Watschn.

elbkaida
Jan 13, 2008
Look!
Pessimists, Dortmund is finally starting the Aufholjagd! Only 14 points to Champions League spot :kloppsay:

elbkaida
Jan 13, 2008
Look!
This is the reason he was so happy against Freiburg then...

elbkaida
Jan 13, 2008
Look!
4.7 goals per match on average lmao

elbkaida
Jan 13, 2008
Look!

Reset Smith posted:

without any worries.

vs

:confused:

elbkaida
Jan 13, 2008
Look!

Pand posted:

Kategorie VW

:golfclap:

I think most people who live/work in Wolfsburg and want to do some partying go to Braunschweig.

elbkaida
Jan 13, 2008
Look!
Super angry at Leverkusen making me watch two hours of absolutely rubbish football and then going out with even more rubbish penalties. Toprak wtf

elbkaida
Jan 13, 2008
Look!
If you can't even beat HSV or Köln, I have some bad news for you re: winning DFB-Pokal. Especially considering Bayern, Gladbach and Wolfsburg are still in.

elbkaida
Jan 13, 2008
Look!
Just a bit toothless in attack and pretty unlucky with the defensive mistakes imo. On another day the match would end 1:1 but Porto capitalized on every mistake so the score looks a bit over the top. Playing 2:0 down after 10 minutes is not easy I guess!

elbkaida
Jan 13, 2008
Look!
Seems like Bayern may not officially be Meister next match day, shameful, Pep out etc

Having Wolfsburg, Leverkusen and Gladbach in the Champions League next season seems not very great at the moment, hope they can do well.

elbkaida
Jan 13, 2008
Look!
I can't believe Augsburg and Schalke collapse at exactly the right time to give Dortmund a chance to get into Europe even after this horrible season.

elbkaida
Jan 13, 2008
Look!
Absolutely bizarre result, Bayern dominated the game and should have won 2-0 easily but somehow manage to lose with the most comically taken penalties ever. That match is like one whole year of Bayerndusel equalized. Incredible!

elbkaida
Jan 13, 2008
Look!
I really can't understand why they let Gagelmann ref this match, the guy used to be incompetent even by 2./3. Liga standards...

elbkaida
Jan 13, 2008
Look!
Haha, there are some amzing quotes in there. The russian guy was brilliant (talking about Ukraine): "The world cup has no relation to international conflicts, except in it's magnificient power of promoting peace" Said with absolutely straight face, love it!

elbkaida
Jan 13, 2008
Look!
Well the 3-0 scoreline is a bit high for my taste but conceding three goals in 15 minutes is just really poor so RIP Bayern. Today showed the difference between having a full strength attacking lineup and Bayern's current situation...

elbkaida
Jan 13, 2008
Look!

sicDaniel posted:

Everything is going great for Dortmund. EL here we come! Augsburg are allowed a draw because they clearly have the easiest opponent.

Won't Dortmund get EL anyway through the DFB-Pokal if Wolfsburg is already qualified for CL? Or do they have to be seventh place for that.

elbkaida
Jan 13, 2008
Look!
Guardiola in England would be pretty funny. Klopp at Bayern too.

elbkaida
Jan 13, 2008
Look!

Myron posted:

we're still gonna finish above Dortmund lol.

Got to beat Paderborn first! :madmax:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elbkaida
Jan 13, 2008
Look!

frankenfreak posted:

Hahaha, I'd like to see Klopp work without a whole club subscribing to his philosophy like Mainz and Dortmund did.

Well the way Real are playing right now is not exactly very far from what Klopp likes, could see that working out quite well

• Locked thread