Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Reset Smith
Apr 6, 2009
So Papadopoulos is being loaned to Leverkusen for one year. WTF? What's the logic behind that move for either club?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reset Smith
Apr 6, 2009
Not gonna lie, it hurts to see Lewandowski wearing a Bayern jersey.

Reset Smith
Apr 6, 2009

mackintosh posted:

he's a merc oval office, the only thing you should feel is indifference

at least was always upfront about it. That's why he's getting way less scorn than Goetze.

Reset Smith fucked around with this message at 17:23 on Aug 13, 2014

Reset Smith
Apr 6, 2009
I think Mhicky is in for a big season. :agesilaus:

Reset Smith
Apr 6, 2009

mackintosh posted:

I like what Pep's done with this team.

I agree, Heynckes was a far more formidable coach.

Reset Smith
Apr 6, 2009
For anyone who doesn't know, at this time last year Aubameyang had a Spider-Man face shaved into his hair. Later he had it swapped out for the Bat symbol. BTW I love this guy.

Reset Smith
Apr 6, 2009
Does anyone here really believe Pep will still be Bayern's coach two years from now?

Reset Smith
Apr 6, 2009
Who was the last coach to actually have an extended run in charge of Bayern? Magath? Ottmar? I really can't remember anyone in the recent past who lasted more than three seasons or so. It's not exactly an environment conducive to long term stability at the top.

Reset Smith
Apr 6, 2009
Oh Schalke never change :getin:

Reset Smith
Apr 6, 2009

Katana Gomai posted:

Apparently Dortmund is going to (needlessly) sell more of their club shares in order to earn some 110m (gauged by today's stock quote so it'll probably end up being less). BVB fans seem to be psyched by this, personally I wonder whether they realize the amount of shares in a club is finite so basically BVB are selling themselves for a quick buck. Signal Iduna and Puma each want to pick up ~5% it seems. I wonder what percentage of shares will still be owned by the club itself after all this is done.

Also lol investing money in football clubs etc.

Not everybody has a sugardaddy corporation willing to bankroll their entire team like Bayer Pharmaceutical. Doesn't Bayern do basically the same thing, last I heard Adidas and other major German companies paid millions to own small stakes in Bayern. And if this means Dortmund have the financial power to offer their stars competitive wages than I'm all for it. This doesn't worry me since Watzke and Co. have been very conservative with Dortmund's finances so far. Ever since the previous regime at Borussia nearly obliterated the club with reckless spending, the club has been loath to do anything drastic financially. But I think the club is now stable enough sportingly and financially to make moves like this and cement themselves as one of the top dozen clubs in Europe.

Reset Smith
Apr 6, 2009

Dunban posted:

lmao Schieber scores

again :wtc:

Good for him, it didn't work out for him at Dortmund, but he always seemed like a nice guy. And LOL at Schalke, Jens Keller must have the hottest seat in the Bundesliga.

Reset Smith
Apr 6, 2009

Katana Gomai posted:

Horst Heldt was on Sky before the game and the entire situation is so bizzare. Basically the interviewer asked him if he's aware that Keller is already being criticized constantly (not that he ever really wasn't) and Heldt just refused to acknowledge it. The next question then was how long he thinks it'll take for Schalke supporters to turn on Keller again and he once again claimed that the only people criticizing Keller are/were "outsiders" and the management/supporters will not turn on Keller.

Yea right.

It's clear that most of Schalke's problems are the result of poor leadership at the very top of the club. BTW gently caress them for supporting Putin.

Reset Smith
Apr 6, 2009
Brilliant goal by Reus. God it feels to good to see him scoring again.
edit: And Sokratis makes 2! Love that guy.

Reset Smith fucked around with this message at 19:46 on Aug 29, 2014

Reset Smith
Apr 6, 2009
Yeah! Bender's back :cool:

Reset Smith
Apr 6, 2009

Torrannor posted:

Why the gently caress to we let Reus play for the national team so that he can get injured again and again? :argh:

And Mkhitaryan got hurt playing for Armenia. this whole "international" week has been :argh:

Reset Smith
Apr 6, 2009
And Immobile got hurt playing for :italy:. And Sahin had surgery this week. And Gundogan still hasn't played a game in over a year. And now Dortmund is about to play 7 games in 21 days :suicide:

Reset Smith
Apr 6, 2009
God it feels good to have Shinji back.

Reset Smith
Apr 6, 2009

Torrannor posted:

Klopp was right, ManU simply did not know how to use him properly.

This but unironically. I love that little Japanese Man.

Reset Smith
Apr 6, 2009
So 3 games into the season and Schalke are already in the relegation zone. :thumbsup:

Reset Smith
Apr 6, 2009
Yeah cause Schalke offers so much stability and long term job security.

Reset Smith
Apr 6, 2009
HSV somehow gains power by firing managers. Last year they beat Dortmund 3-0 right after sacking Fink. Now if they could just use 30 managers a season they would be unstoppable.

Reset Smith
Apr 6, 2009
Ramos should have a hat trick by now. If Dortmund don't win this one :emo:
edit: Goddamnit the wrong Shinji scored

Reset Smith fucked around with this message at 18:54 on Sep 20, 2014

Reset Smith
Apr 6, 2009
I hate this poo poo. If we lose to Schalke like this :suicide:

Reset Smith
Apr 6, 2009
At this point Matip could pull out a gun and shoot Ramos in the head and the referee still wouldn't give him so much as a yellow card.

Reset Smith
Apr 6, 2009
Goddamn, I can't believe we lost to Jens loving Keller. Can the Winterpause happen right now please, so Dortmund has a chance to heal and actually field eleven healthy men.

Reset Smith
Apr 6, 2009
For all the problems Dortmund have, like fitness and mentality, they all seem short term and solvable. Schalke's on the other hand, at least from this outsider's point of view, seem chronic and intractable. When you go through so many managers in such a short time, the problem probably lies with the leadership at the very top.
Anyway, could this mean a return of the Magath to Gelsenkirchen? Probably not, but this Dortmund fan can dream.

Reset Smith
Apr 6, 2009
I hate this season already. BVB finally gets relatively healthy, but the team's play is still not good enough. It's so frustrating, the players are there, the coach is there, and the passion is there but the results are ... less than adequate.

Reset Smith
Apr 6, 2009
Reus makes it 2-0 just before halftime. At least BVB are scoring in this match.

Reset Smith
Apr 6, 2009
It's so loving frustrating watching Dortmund at the moment. It doesn't seem to matter how many wonderful chances the team creates, their is no way the ball is going in the opponents goal.

Reset Smith
Apr 6, 2009
I think Kramer is still concussed

Reset Smith
Apr 6, 2009
FINALLY A WIN!!!! I don't care that it took Kramer's scrambled brain to achieve it. Dortmund finally beat a German team! :cheers:

Reset Smith
Apr 6, 2009
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MYcqToQzzGY
That's right were moving on up from 18th place to 15th. Maybe next match day we'll jump up to 12th place and then we'll be right next to Schalke :glomp:

Reset Smith
Apr 6, 2009
2-0 Bitches! For once BVB are comfortably handling a Bundesliga opponent.

Reset Smith
Apr 6, 2009
why is everything always so goddamned hard? :confused:

Reset Smith
Apr 6, 2009
I'm going to go hide in a hole now. Bye Everybody!

Reset Smith
Apr 6, 2009
Watching Dortmund play has become a dreaded weekly ritual for me.

Reset Smith
Apr 6, 2009
Of course it's Scheiber. Whatever is most embarrassing or painful is bound to happen to Dortmund this season.

Reset Smith
Apr 6, 2009
Jesus! He is literally a Hulk.

Reset Smith
Apr 6, 2009
http://gfycat.com/DecentSlimyDartfrog
This is me right now after hearing about Reus

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reset Smith
Apr 6, 2009
At least Dortmund are finally scoring goals. 3 against Freiburg and 4 already against Mainz. Dortmund's defense has actually been pretty average this season at least according to goals conceded. It's the toothless, misfiring offense that has killed us so far. So many 1-0 losses and 1-1 draws that should have been comfortable victories, it's been maddening :psyduck:.

• Locked thread