Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Myron
Jul 13, 2009

mods?! change the title to "Fussek (Fuppes)" please, thanks.
Nice OP

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Myron
Jul 13, 2009

:toxx:
Probate me for 2 weeks if Schalke doesn't get rid of Keller.
(If he goes back to being youth coach, that also counts as getting rid of him.)

Myron
Jul 13, 2009

Katana Gomai posted:

When the hell did Fährmann become good? I didn't notice him at all last season.

Seriously? He's never been bad and he was really good the whole Rückrunde. Wouldn't necessarily have expected him to place 2nd, but you can't take these rankings very seriously anyway. They take average grades into account and those are kinda problematic, especially for keepers. "He saved everything he could, didn't make a single mistake, but didn't have a lot to do. C."

Myron
Jul 13, 2009

Reset Smith posted:

So Papadopoulos is being loaned to Leverkusen for one year. WTF? What's the logic behind that move for either club?

Leverkusen gets a potentially pretty solid defender for one season, Schalke won't have to worry about getting a player that was injured for 20 months back in shape and integrating him into a team that has an already shaky defense and is already integrating a bunch of young players. It could work out well for both. Until Papadopoulos breaks his knee two weeks into the season and ends his career before it really began.

Myron
Jul 13, 2009

frankenfreak posted:

I think the question should be directed at management instead. Getting him back into shape through a loan makes sense, but loaning him to a direct competitor makes none. Strengthening Leverkusen's squad depth is the last thing Schalke should be doing.

I don't know if it increases Leverkusens depth. Isn't Leverkusen getting rid of a couple of defenders? (Honestly not sure about that OP). But it sucks that they give him away when he apparently doesn't want to leave (while keeeping loving Santana). At least we can always be sure that Leverkusen will invariably crumble towards the end of the season, so Schalke will get third spot no matter what (w or wo Keller).

Myron
Jul 13, 2009

This was highly unexpected, given Schalke's stellar preseason.

Myron
Jul 13, 2009

3 games into the season and Paderborn is already on a chamipons league spot. :rolleye:

I hope this will speed up Keller's inevitable sacking.* Hmm we have a bunch of injured defenders and no right back... should I play Höger, who has played that position a bunch of times even when Uchida was still fit? Nah, let's take Clemens he's only been injured for a few months, never played that position and always been mediocre at best.

*It won't

Myron
Jul 13, 2009

Leverkusen? More like human beingkusen lmbo!

Myron
Jul 13, 2009

heh

Myron
Jul 13, 2009

Reset Smith posted:

At this point Matip could pull out a gun and shoot Ramos in the head and the referee still wouldn't give him so much as a yellow card.

:qq:

Myron
Jul 13, 2009

Nimmy posted:

How are Schalke so loaded with talent and yet so awful?

Can't be the manager's fault...

Myron
Jul 13, 2009

Smirr posted:

I'm really glad there are no Schalke fans around here. Good thing you have to be literate to post on forums

I'm a Schalke fan, but I guess you didn't see me there at the very top of the Kicktipp table :smug:

Smirr posted:

lol no way

Yeah, that actually happened :ughh:

Myron
Jul 13, 2009

Schalke and Leverkusen will balance things out soon enough I'm afraid.

Myron
Jul 13, 2009

He has an immensely punchable face though.

Myron
Jul 13, 2009

Dunban posted:

Boateng got a 3 game ban :wtc:

They're just following the rules:

Notbremse: 3 game ban
Risking a career ending injury: 4 game ban
Being a dumb frustrated baby: 6 game ban with a two game probation with a simultaneous announcement that probations are categorically not a thing except when they are

It's pretty clear cut really.

Myron
Jul 13, 2009

My tipps have been mediocre for weeks but I always crawl back to the top somehow. It's now my goal to win the tippkick with the lowest number of wins of any player.

e: I don't even get the name of the game right

Myron
Jul 13, 2009

Dunban posted:

Dortmund, being Dortmund, are celebrating this in their typically humble fashion

:ironicat:

Myron
Jul 13, 2009

Today was a good day to not watch a single minute of football :bang:

Myron
Jul 13, 2009

Smirr posted:

Man, this Bas Dost fucker sure loves scoring lots of goals

"Wenn man einen Lauf hat, dann steht man eben richtig." - Allofs

Myron
Jul 13, 2009

Dortmund working hard to push their chances converted stat into the single digits.

Myron
Jul 13, 2009

Another fine performance of the "result machine"

Myron
Jul 13, 2009

Dunban posted:

Diese Sprüche werden mir zu sehr hochsterilisiert

Du willst nur mit Femdwörtern imprägnieren.

Myron
Jul 13, 2009

There can only be... six! Schalke is officially the most racicest club in the BL now.

Good riddance to Boateng and Sam. Sam practically never played, Boateng has never been good for more than one half maybe and has been utter shite for months now. Kinda sucks about Höger, he's a decent sub for various positions, but he's pals with Boateng so it might be for the best to get rid of him too. So much poo poo went on this season, so many terrible games, but we're still gonna finish above Dortmund lol.

Myron
Jul 13, 2009

:ughh:

Myron
Jul 13, 2009

Dunban posted:

Come on you Freiburgians

Myron
Jul 13, 2009

nippythefish posted:

hey no I was serious about getting the toxx over with if one of you guys with plat could PM a mod and get it over with I'd really appreciate it.

also, congratulations to Myron for winning the kicktipp. :bravo:

There're still 12 points to be won, theoretically, so I could still lose. And I'm really tempted to tipp KSC to do what Schalke couldn't though Hamburg will probably avoid relegeation with two lovely draws again.

Myron
Jul 13, 2009

Smirr posted:

I'm not trying to jinx anything here but what would be really cool is if this game ended 1-1 and the return leg 0-0.

Myron
Jul 13, 2009

Tahirovic posted:

This is the saddest part about it, poor Sport Club deserved better

Yes. Although (and I don't want to downplay Schalke's embarrassing shittyness against HSV in any way) they really could have saved themselves.

Myron
Jul 13, 2009

ephex posted:

als congrats to myron for winning the tippkick :thumbsup:

Thanks. Though I'd gladly trade all my tippkick points if it meant Hamburg would go down.

Honj Steak posted:

Relegation abschaffen imo

Myron
Jul 13, 2009

The Manshaft still bad at friendlies, news at 11.

I didn't even watch it, lol

Myron
Jul 13, 2009

Maybe this time I'll stay on top for most of the season and win again. :smug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Myron
Jul 13, 2009

nippythefish posted:

I thought you didn't take over the lead until the third week after the winter pause?

Maybe. I just wanted to check, but Katana Gomai has already set up a new round. All I know is that I barely got to watch a game or even highlights for the first thre weeks last season and my tipps were terrible until that changed.

• Locked thread