Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dogboy
Jul 21, 2009

hurr
Grimey Drawer
Die Niederungen des Vereinsfußballs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dogboy
Jul 21, 2009

hurr
Grimey Drawer
As of 2. January 2015 Hoeneß is a day-release prisoner and from what I understand he signs his new work contract with the FC Bayern today (Monday). Based on his own wish he will work in the youth section.

German media also questions his suitability as a role model for young people.

dogboy
Jul 21, 2009

hurr
Grimey Drawer
I think this is a "Try to win but don't get injured, make it look like you actually care."

Postgame interviews:

dogboy
Jul 21, 2009

hurr
Grimey Drawer
Also http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/El_Cl%C3%A1sico coming up in 30 mins. A good matchday.

dogboy
Jul 21, 2009

hurr
Grimey Drawer

ephex posted:

Bayern beat Gladbach 0-2 today. That was clear for all to see. The team that collected the three points from the derby were actually the losers. The old order has been re-established and this showed in everything except the numbers.

So OK, this was a spiritual victory, and I know there ain't no room on the scoreboard for spirit. But in all sports such incomputables matter - and they tend to matter more in football because so many football matches turn on a single incident.

That's because Bayern found the noble spirit of defiance: of futile heroism. They savoured the profound joy of finding glory in defeat.

It was demonstration of old champions against upstarts. Gladbach are still not a team, as their performances in Europe have shown us this season. They look great when they're great, but you expect that. It's finding greatness when things are going wrong that counts. And only one side did that yesterday.

Gladbach left knowing that another victory like that and they're done for. But Bayern can make this defeat the beginning of the long and winding road that leads back to greatness.

Now release the lions.

dogboy
Jul 21, 2009

hurr
Grimey Drawer

Torrannor posted:

What happened with Benatia?

Looked like he parked his car in the wrong spot or something.

dogboy
Jul 21, 2009

hurr
Grimey Drawer
bottlerkusen

dogboy
Jul 21, 2009

hurr
Grimey Drawer

Torrannor posted:

Mario Götze seriously looks like he has a Gehirnerschütterung. As if he didn't understood a word Pep said.

Götze more like Grütze

dogboy
Jul 21, 2009

hurr
Grimey Drawer
haha this is an awesome game! I came expecting something far less entertaining

dogboy
Jul 21, 2009

hurr
Grimey Drawer
the heynkes triple is looming over guardiola

dogboy
Jul 21, 2009

hurr
Grimey Drawer
sorry

dogboy
Jul 21, 2009

hurr
Grimey Drawer
b b b b

dogboy
Jul 21, 2009

hurr
Grimey Drawer
no harm done, vizekusen is used to bottling it this way

dogboy
Jul 21, 2009

hurr
Grimey Drawer

Healbot posted:

Hamburg managed 0.5 shots on goal per game under Knäbel.

I have few wishes for this Bundesliga season, its mostly just hoping that the not-Bayern teams at the top stabilize a bit and that the HSV finally sinks.

A man can hope.

dogboy
Jul 21, 2009

hurr
Grimey Drawer

frankenfreak posted:

Why is everyone so convinced it's going to be Tuchel?

Waiting in the shadows, biding his time.

dogboy
Jul 21, 2009

hurr
Grimey Drawer
I consider this old mans vanity on MWs side. At this age you should be able to stay emotionally above things until the end of the season and not go without a days notice during the most important phase in club football for your employer you have a contract with.

If this is a powerplay thing "him or me" like most seem to assume and at the end of the day it plays out like with Klinsmann (Pep goes and MW returns) then in my opinion he won't have won against Pep but rather the club Bayern Munich will lose. All the big international names will think its a backwater club full of crazy people. They'll probably get Magath after that and deserve it.

dogboy
Jul 21, 2009

hurr
Grimey Drawer
The zombie club HSV will do it again and somehow stay in the 1st league. It must be black magic and I wonder how many firstborn sons and virgin daughters had to die for this.

dogboy
Jul 21, 2009

hurr
Grimey Drawer
hahaha

dogboy
Jul 21, 2009

hurr
Grimey Drawer
Klopp will ride on a bus?

dogboy
Jul 21, 2009

hurr
Grimey Drawer
Good luck to you Bayerns, they say hope dies last.

dogboy
Jul 21, 2009

hurr
Grimey Drawer
That clock in the HSV stadium and the tagline "The only Bundesliga club that has never been relegated." [So actually the best club in the Bundesliga overall.] With that in mind you go ahead and watch a game [in recent years] and kinda wish you could get those 2 hours of your life back afterwards. The cherry on top is the insane yet smug management and a rich industry patriarch that seems to like backseat moderating "his" club.

There is a not small group of people in the "relegate the HSV" crowd that actually wants that so the HSV can have some kind of reboot and shed all the idiots that they picked up over the years.

(Not me though, I simply wish them to sink.)

dogboy
Jul 21, 2009

hurr
Grimey Drawer
*in supervillain voice* YEEESSSSSSS

dogboy
Jul 21, 2009

hurr
Grimey Drawer
noo noooo noooooooooooooooOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

dogboy
Jul 21, 2009

hurr
Grimey Drawer
HSV is one of those clubs that win penalities in such situations: The most undeserved by the HSV and unwanted outcome by anyone except the HSV.

Edit: Its a troll club! Mods! Mods!

dogboy
Jul 21, 2009

hurr
Grimey Drawer
The commentator is right, they should not be throwing their empty plastic cups.

They should be throwing loving grenades.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dogboy
Jul 21, 2009

hurr
Grimey Drawer

Katana Gomai posted:

I'll be doing my part and restarting the Kicktipp later today.

Where do I have to go for this Kicktipp thing? (If its open to anyone that is.)

• Locked thread