Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lazlow
Nov 30, 2004

Top, top op, op

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lazlow
Nov 30, 2004

Dunban posted:

In other news, Bayern are currently in the US on a promotional tour. They're playing some garbagemen aka :airquote: MLS All Stars :airquote: tomorrow

Here for this, proper psyched. Didn't expect the cup winners to be here, but still glad to see Ribery, Alaba, Badstuber (!!), Shaq, and even these two new signings I hear are all the rage (Lev & Dobsky, I think, I dunno, I think they're faves of Mackintosh's)

e: Hoping this is as good as the last MLS All "star" match I saw (fun begins at 0:50): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=?8MERytPpXfc

Lazlow fucked around with this message at 07:23 on Aug 6, 2014

Lazlow
Nov 30, 2004

thanks, my phone posting sucks

Lazlow
Nov 30, 2004

Walking around downtown Portland (aka "Soccer City USA") I see easily twenty Bayern jerseys for every Timbers/MLS jersey. Also had two car fulls of crazed Germans yell and honk and wave Bavarian flags and Bayern banners at me and all the other FCB jersey wearers on the street

Lazlow
Nov 30, 2004

JG Wentworth posted:

Pdx has a big German population, being a second generation in the states (please for the love of god don't flame me like that other dude) i can tell you it was nuts during the WC final. The pioneer square fan zone was filled with germans/german supporters.

edit: also the mls is loving mickey mouse league

that explains all the red (and national team white) inside the stadium too, still more red than green in here

Lazlow
Nov 30, 2004

WTF, the little kid next to me got his jersey signed by Beckenbauer :wtc:

Lazlow
Nov 30, 2004

Lewa scores at 8 minutes thanks to quality MLS defending

Lazlow
Nov 30, 2004

Was pleasantly surprised to see the entire team there; Lahm, Schweinsteiger, Mueller, Goetze, Neuer, and Boateng came on for the last 8 minutes or so, and Robben came on at 88ish for some reason. Why they decided to come here instead of continuing their vacation I have no idea. Contento managed to make himself look foolish during that short time too (no surprise there).

But overall a fun night, despite the bizarre MLS "traditions", like waving your scarf and loudly whispering "SHHH" in the pauses of the national anthem, or, you know, supporting MLS teams. Lol'd at Landycakes replacing Henry for all of ten minutes, during which he "scored" an obviously offside goal, and also at the MLS players fouling so much and playing like it was a world cup match.

Also, MLS TRP poster spotted

Lazlow
Nov 30, 2004

My sentiment:

ephex posted:

I wish for him to leave every day.

But with a resigned

Dunban posted:

Sure, why wouldn't he be?

I think his only problem is that he thinks his system is still at the forefront of modern tactics, when it's obviously not. If he was open to some changes to at least bring them in line with the style of the team, or the league, even, I'd like him more.

Lazlow
Nov 30, 2004

Isn't Thiago's agent Pep's brother?

Lazlow
Nov 30, 2004

welp that was a nice time to tune in

Lazlow
Nov 30, 2004

lol at caring what time something comes on tv in tyool two-thousand fifteen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lazlow
Nov 30, 2004

if only there were some technical means of archiving the footage to watch at your leisure

• Locked thread