Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
Good luck with your trip through space story time.

My choice between Kaiden and Ashley was more of a mercy kill to Kaiden. Because I really, really did not like ME1 Adept and I was convinced his class was the real reason Kaiden had constant migraines. Though Ashley was pretty meh. "Ash, ASH. I gave you the best heavy armor and assault rifle we could find. Why are you dead on the floor again while Tali has 19 trillion points of shield left and is causing SCIENCE EXPLOSIONS?" Why yes I had a much more enjoyable time as an Engineer with Engineer buddy than Adept teamed with an Adept buddy why do you ask?

Maybe this is why I was pretty okay with Jacob in the sequel. At the very least, he could play lift grenade duck-hunt with incendiary shotgun rounds.

EDIT: If I ever get around to replaying these games (On PC this time), I really need to find a mod that just gives me infinite pistol ammo in the sequels.

Section Z fucked around with this message at 02:57 on Jul 23, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

habeasdorkus posted:

Yeah, that mission always frustrated me. Kasumi's was better. Zaeed as a character is pretty good, though. Definitely better than Jacob, albeit without dem abs.

Zaeed and I share opinions on old guns. My engineer would give up so much to have my old infinite ammo doomsday pistol. "oh, I used up all my Carnifex ammo again. Maybe if I take the ammo capacity armor part?... +1 bullet. Okay, but at least ammo pickups are plentiful right?... I've picked up three pistol bullets... Out of a maximum of 6/18, 6/19 with armor pack :suicide:" SMG got the job done... Once I got the only non DLC upgrade. But I had to reload an old save because I triggered a cutscene and point of no return before I picked it up, realizing this after blowing up the Geth colosus.

It felt like a LOT of guns and upgrades were in momentary point of no returns in part 2. There was an assault rifle damage upgrade that was only available if you looked at a wall display in the short window of time between you arrived in Morinth's apartment, and it got back to cutscenes.

At least the ammo for heavy pistols was a bit more generous in this game. Carnifex is up to 6/30 ammo! I have a hilarious exploding gel pistol, awesome. I did not resent my weapons situation in part 3, even though they removed permanent heavy weapons.

Section Z fucked around with this message at 06:34 on Jul 24, 2014

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Green Intern posted:

I'd play Udina Effect.

While I wished Udina would get off my case (and still made Anderson ambassador), I always just felt like he was kind of pitiable compared to any other :airquote: "Politicians". He's trying to do normal politician man things while he's got the Council on one side jerking him around. On the other side is DAMNIT SHEPARD, YOU ARE A LOOSE CANON THE SPACE MAYOR IS ON MY rear end BUT YOU ARE THE ONLY ONE WHO CAN GET RESULTS. His job sucks, his life sucks, and I think deep down he knows exactly what situation the narrative has stuck him with.

Then they made him go full Space Hitler because we needed an excuse to kill the mean man who yells at us guilt free. While Ashley calls ME, Full Paragon bar Mc Space Jesus, Mister space terrorist over and over.

Ash, stop making me regret leaving Kaiden on Virmire. I don't even think you are racist, I just think you got hit in the head a little too hard on Eden Prime and were never quite at full speed since.

EDIT: Speaking of why I left Kaiden on Virmire, is there any way without mods or cheats to make Sentinel not make me want to kill myself in ME1? That lack of a pistol skill, or even basic armor skill is a bitch with how braindead your AI pals can be at actually shooting things (Ash, Ash. Why are you dead already. Why can't you kill anything with the best assault rifle and second best sniper rifle we own?). At least you have lift in ME1, my favorite biotic power. Then they take away lift from everybody in Part 2, and part 3 only a couple people get limited use "Lift grenades", Adept still can't lift.

I ask, because My initial full series play was with Engineer. Overload is my very favorite power/crutch to have on my character and I know I can count on my own being the best (and actually going where I want them to). Sentinel is the only other class with Overload.

Section Z fucked around with this message at 14:31 on Aug 1, 2014

• Locked thread