Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

aidenyx posted:

Except that is exactly what they do with the little kid and the shuttles that get shot down. That one scene is in my opinion one of the worst parts of this game, because it feels so insanely forced, like the destruction that goes on around it wasn't enough already to make the player realize that poo poo is going real bad, real fast.

I agree. It felt so hamfisted to have the kid run away from Shepard to start with, then get exploded by a Reaper. It's just laying it on so thick when there's clearly enough devastation going on to make it clear that Earth is totally boned.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Kaiden had the personality of a plank of wood, and Ashley is a one-note Space Racist, so yes they are both pretty terrible and I wouldn't feel bad about nobody caring about which of them were left behind to die.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

I don't know, A lot of the aliens are pretty racist too. I don't think Ashley is out of line being aware of the galactic situation. She's no warrior-philopspher or anything.

Mass Effect: Space Racists Everywhere.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Kaboom Dragoon posted:

ME3 has the single best response to this. You know the line.

I don't, because I've never played ME3. I am going to guess that it involves violence, though.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

OAquinas posted:

If only Shepard were some sort of word-using warrior--you know, someone who could argue/defeat ideas and receive support based on debate and arguments. Not that such people exist in the ME universe.

I'd play Udina Effect.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Garrus knows exactly how to calibrate my heart.

:wink:

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Neruz posted:

Watching this last episode is so depressing; Javik keeps being almost interesting\important and then the game goes "Whoops hes DLC can't have him interact with other NPC's too much."

"Who's he?"

"Nobody important, forget you ever saw him."

It's really frustrating, I agree.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Every time I look at Grunt's face, all I can see are his weirdly pudgy cheeks.

• Locked thread