Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

I kind of like the idea that Conrad just takes it badly no matter what you say. It makes him feel more real, honestly :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

The galaxy map music from ME1 is some of the best music I've heard in games, period. It absolutely sells the loneliness of space for me.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

By surname, maybe. Paragon Shepard's not that friendly.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

Their biometrics are so bad, they got confused and arrested an entirely different woman after the Batarian relay disaster, if my inability to import Shep's face had anything to say about it.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

Commander Shepard: 00N7

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

What, your mother isn't a hideous psychic alien bug-thing?

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

Yes, I see :stare:

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

I was pretty pissed when I got to this mission on a Dead-Legion save and ran into a geth platform which was identical to Legion. It's the laziest thing, nothing changes in this mission, not even Legion's model. At least Urdnot and !Mordin have something different to say and aren't visually the same as who they've replaced. That alone definitely contributes to the feeling of a last-minute "poo poo, we need to payoff the quarian/geth conflict now" fumble.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

Neruz posted:

Even Legion isn't actually a single being remember; he's thousands of non-sentient beings acting together as a sentient collective.

Right, he's something like 1,183 instances of geth.exe running on the same computer. What I meant was more about how the character model is identical. Assuming Legion died in the Suicide Mission, his body is gone. So why is !Legion physically identical? Legion was a stock geth body which added N7 armour in some weird attempt to be more Shep-like and later ate a huge bullet to the torso. It's just weird to see an identical copy of Legion and hand-wave it with "ah, this is a VI construct of Legion" as if that explains it all. Why would the geth create a holographic copy of him or whatever the gently caress? They're not exactly sentimental by anything we've seen thus far in the series.

It's just a poorly devised alternate scenario, and it bugs the crap out of me. They just could not figure out an alternate scenario compensating for Legion's death, so we get Legion returning with a couple of lines about how he isn't really Legion, but he looks the same, talks the same, and performs all the same tasks in the same way. He's Legion. It feels as stupid and worthless as the rachni queen bit earlier, where no matter what you've done in the previous games you always wind up hunting down a Reaperized rachni queen because Bioware had to include that specific unit type.

• Locked thread