Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shark Mafia
Oct 13, 2009

Hell yeah OP mass effect 3 is the loving best, anyone who says otherwise had their experience ruined by the last 20 minutes of the game which is an overreaction, I think. my favorite ending is the red one because gently caress the reapers man independence day solution

these are my thoughts on this matter thank you for listening

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shark Mafia
Oct 13, 2009

Also, poster posting a post above my previous post, red is only a galactic catastrophe if you fuckin sucked at getting dudes to help you or if you cared about the geth. I kind of did but it was worth it

in my view it was a total rip to not wreck the jerks you've been fighting for 3 games action space explosion hero style and I am glad there was an ending that catered to that! Like remember in mass fx 2 when you're running out of the collector base and harbinger is like ILL GET YOUUU SHEPARD and shaking his bug puppet fist? that was the thing to emulate. man it was a tragedy that harbinger voice didnt come back for 3

and at the end they got some real life space guy to do a voiceover wasnt that nice? I thought it was

Shark Mafia fucked around with this message at 05:51 on Oct 14, 2014

Shark Mafia
Oct 13, 2009

Man who cares we won and blew them all up. and frankly all that stuff that hologram kid was spouting was basically woo woo blah blah bullshit dont care kill reapers

that was my thought process, verbatim. and oh man when they added hackett voiceover it got even better!!! Hackett is so cool

Shark Mafia
Oct 13, 2009

another reason that plot point was total bullshit and should be ignored for the purposes of judging which ending is the best is you mostly likely recently reconciled the geth and quarians through sheer force of charisma. You literally fixed everything and aint no chump gonna tell you it isnt so

what does reaper kid know anyway its the controlling intelligence of a race of machines designed to kill everything it probably has a bit of a pessimistic worldview

Shark Mafia
Oct 13, 2009

Relax friend we're all friends here and that was what is commonly referred to as 'a joke'

I think its a bit weird to suggest that the world is permanently hosed without this one guy and or gal, shepard, who basically just shouts a lot and shoots things. But I'm more of the opinion that you should just ignore dumbtron kid 3000 entirely

I mean cmon, the kid can say whatever he wants but shepard just goes 'gently caress you, explosion.' This is a solution to every other problem in the mass effect universe and no shoehorned in plot points are going to make that not so

Shark Mafia
Oct 13, 2009

Neruz posted:

Except that the story has repeatedly shown us that without Shepard relationships between organics and synthetics always go to poo poo. There is no exception to this ever; if Shepard doesn't fix things by wording at people and shooting other people then it all goes to hell.

And Shepard won't live forever; what happens after he dies and isn't around to fix everything by wording at people and shooting other people?

the reason that's so is you're the protagonist and its your job to fix things. The universe doesn't necessarily or permanently turn on the player's right to be 'the thing-doer guy.' That would be silly. Who's to say there won't be other protagonists? Is this a one-protagonist universe? What about spinoff games don't forget about the spinoff games

Shark Mafia
Oct 13, 2009

anyway the point is who cares what that idiot has to say its a small child. small children have poor judgement, especially if they're also genocidal computers

blow up everything, dont care about some hypothetical future in which dumbasses create another race of invincible robot space shrimp for some reason, victory

I guess I don't actually like the ending very much since I willfully ignore most of what it has to say but take my word for it, if you do that then me3 is a real good game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shark Mafia
Oct 13, 2009

nah man you got the wrong greek myth, check it

'joker' sounds like 'jocasta'

and if you mispronounce EDI it sounds like the 'oedi' in oedipus

this is some revolutionary poo poo right here

• Locked thread