Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Earnestly
Apr 24, 2010

Jazz hands!

Waltzing Along posted:

:stare:

I don't want to get spoilery, but would you PM me your rationale for this?

I think he'll cover it in the LP. Try exercising patience.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Earnestly
Apr 24, 2010

Jazz hands!

Torchlighter posted:

I'm going to disagree with you here. ME3 is a good game. It is, and this is a big point, a good game with a capably told story. Just not the story people want.

But we're not here to rehash the arguments about why ME3 is a bad game. Lt. Danger is probably trying to delve, in a way, into the minds of the developers, and explore why they made the choices they did.

The problem with that is that you really can't do that when your first response to the game is 'this is bad and why is it bad.' Instead you have to start from the perspective that the game is, well... good. That it's something that you're proud of, regardless of how others think about it.

I'm going to wait for Tachunka and Lt.Danger's response before I say anything, but I would like to make sure that everyone remembers the discussions concerning Star Wars. They are useful for multiple reasons, the first being that it helps understand why people didn't like ME3.

I agree with your points, and I am trying to maintain the same mentality. I passed up the third installment due to the overwhelming internet backlash. I played the poo poo out of the first two games, and was very curious to see where the third one went. Then the internet convinced me it was another Dragon Age II. Admittedly, nothing I have seen so far in the lp proves to me that Mass Effect is A)A bad game, B)A bad Mass Effect game or C)A bad story.

Goons seemingly just want to hate this game. I don't get it.

Earnestly
Apr 24, 2010

Jazz hands!
I don't know anything else about the game beyond what we have seen and the endings that are impossible to avoid. I know I'm in the minority in that I don't let bad and stupidly vague endings get my goat, as one of my favorite games is Beyond Good and Evil. So I don't have any beef against ME3 thus far. I will let the thread know the instant I do.

Earnestly
Apr 24, 2010

Jazz hands!
ME3 should be written my way

Earnestly
Apr 24, 2010

Jazz hands!
Double post because editing is only for losers who like ME3

Earnestly
Apr 24, 2010

Jazz hands!

Ze Pollack posted:

Design by checking off a list of Things That Happened In Stuff We Liked, regardless of how they fit (or don't fit) into the experience as a whole. Mirandasass.jpg.

You're pretty good at criticism.

Earnestly
Apr 24, 2010

Jazz hands!

Waltzing Along posted:

I can't speak for others, but I was genuinely interested in why you thought Mass Effect 3 was a good game. I was going to watch till the end because what you were saying was compelling, even if I disagreed.

But I won't watch any more because I don't want to expose myself to direct attack again.

I've read the books. Why? Because I enjoyed the games enough that I was curious to see what else was involved in the ME universe. I knew going in that they weren't great works of literature. But here's the thing, most fantasy and science fiction is pretty dumb. But with these novels at least I had an investment, already. I now know how Saren came in contact with Sovereign. I know why Anderson doesn't like Saren. I know how Grissom Academy got its name. This has increased my enjoyment of the games.

And there is nothing wrong with that.

There is nothing wrong with that.

Nothing at all.

In fact, there is a lot right about it. I got some enjoyment from it. I spent some time reading rather than watching TV or something less constructive. And there are people out there in the industry who made some money. Seems like a good deal.

You know what is wrong, though?

You.

You are wrong.

You are wrong about Mass Effect 3 being a good game.

You are wrong about the characters not mattering.

You are wrong for not including Leviathan.

And the place where you are the most wrong? You are wrong for killing off Wrex and Grunt and Mordin and not including Citadel.

Why?

Because Citadel IS the best thing about Mass Effect 3. You want to show how Mass Effect 3 is a good game? You show off why the characters are great and then you show off Citadel.

Those are just my opinions, though.

You don't want people who disagree with you to watch? That's just weak, dude.

I'm not wrong for not seeing it your way. You are the one who is wrong for not seeing it mine. Also I am not wrong for not knowing how to structure paragraphs.

Earnestly
Apr 24, 2010

Jazz hands!

Hitlers Gay Secret posted:

And let this circlejerk of "I hate people who like videogames therefore I'm better than you :smug:" continue? gently caress no.

Are you a bad enough dude to save the LP forum from a strawman circlejerk?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Earnestly
Apr 24, 2010

Jazz hands!

Neruz posted:

Even Legion isn't actually a single being remember; he's thousands of non-sentient beings acting together as a sentient collective.

Aren't we all, man?

• Locked thread