Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
I liked ME3. It felt like a game that was written and released on a very tight time schedule and that it would've been a lot better if the studio had given it another year to 18 months to tighten up the writing and pull all of the various threads together.

Still, the combat was pretty fun, and I played the poo poo out of the multiplayer, so all things considered I was pretty happy with it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

The Steak Justice posted:

Oh the 3 best characters are dead going into it. That's gonna make this an interesting, much shittier story. This could be fun.

None of those characters are named Garrus, so you are completely wrong.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

DentedLamp posted:

Garrus is overrated.

FTFY.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Eifert Posting posted:

My dirtiest videogame secret is that I really liked Jack as a character.

It'd be a dirty secret if you really liked Jacob as a character, Jack is just sort of off the beaten path.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
I don't even think that their crimes were particularly heinous, ME3 was a fun game, it just didn't gel together quite right and didn't quite live up to the expectations that I had for it.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

JT Jag posted:

The Reaper fleet that was harassing the Turian home system was not nearly the size of the one near Earth.

Which seems kind of odd considering that Earth's military is supposed to be significantly smaller than the Turian military. But I suppose that Shepard might have changed the calculus a little bit.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Neruz posted:

Sci-fi writers have no sense of scale.

They try to justify it by saying that because of the whole Rachni thing they're super slow about opening up new Mass Relays so each species only has a half dozen worlds or something so Humanity was able to catch up super fast but it doesn't work, the real reason is because Humans Are Awesome and the story was written by Humans to be about Humans so the Humans had to be powerful enough to take centre stage.

e: It's actually kind of dissonant throughout the games because regardless of what people say what the games actually demonstrate through gameplay is that Humans Are The Best At Everything and nobody else can do anything right.

I thought that the Humans advanced super-fast because we got a major boost from the Prothean artifact that we found on Mars.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Lt. Danger posted:

Actually, would like to highlight that point you made about the sexualisation getting noticeably worse as the series goes on. All right, so ME1 had asari strippers, but ME2 has that and a space blouse and space lingerie and an adjutant that strips off for you if you have dinner with her, and ME3 has all the above plus the sexbot.

Normally I disagree with people saying ME got 'CODified' to appeal to mainstream audiences more as time went on, but maybe here they have a point.

A sexbot voiced by nerd fantasy girl Tricia Helfer.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Waltzing Along posted:

Also, why is Javik African?

Because they wanted to mark him out as different than the Amero-British accented characters that we've run into before.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Iamblikhos posted:

You mean you don't play to maximize your Total War Assets?! :wth:

Anyone who doesn't get all that they need through multiplayer is Doing It Wrong.

• Locked thread