Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013

Personally I'm really torn about ME3:
On the one hand, I really like the actual gameplay, I had a lot of fun shooting stuff and after playing ME1 and 2 for way too long, I was too committed to not pick it up.
Where it fell flat for me was the overarching story. There are a lot of individual scenes and missions that I really liked and I looking forward to seeing them again later on in the LP. One of the major things missing was however was any sense of escalation of the hostilities. From the word go Earth itself is under attack and yet somehow, the nearly indestructible force of nature that is the Reapers is unable to complete its subjugation leaving Shepard an indefinite amount of time to dick around in the Galaxy. I realise that a lot of that is owed to current RPG conventions, nobody wants to have the player experience a bad end because they did too many side quests or scanned too many planets. Personally I would however have preferred if hostilities would scale up over the course of the game and lead to the great climax that is the current end of the game instead of opening with the worst case scenario happening and then just... being there for the rest of the game until the player decides he wants to do the last mission.
Maybe this is being a bit too unspecific, but I don't want to get ahead too far of the story, so I'll await your next episode and your take on the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread