Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
namad
Nov 7, 2013
When mass effect one first came out and I played it... IT BLEW MY MIND!!!! I know some people found it a bit janky but that's never bothered me in games. It was just so special and unique. Then mass effect two came along and it was clearly not a bold step forward but a producer backed mass market step towards homogeneity. I was outraged. Then mass effect three came along and I was actually enjoying myself a lot. I never gave a crud about having an ending. I grew up playing games where the ending was just a score screen. If I had dozens of hours of fun, I had dozens of hours of fun.

Edit: All the stuff about the kid in the opening makes so little sense to me... when I played mass effect three I just assumed the kid was all in Shepard's mind. It was a form of PTSD that Shepard was suffering after seeing so much heavy combat. It literally never occurred to me Bioware was stupid enough to pull that poo poo.

namad fucked around with this message at 21:03 on Jul 21, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

namad
Nov 7, 2013
I think SO2 and some other old games like, iirc fallout2 do it best. Don't waste development time and money building two games when each player is likely to only see half. Instead just crank out a lot of epilogue slides which acknowledge the choices and wrap things up.

namad
Nov 7, 2013
A little showing my age here but I think one of the most icon locations in a video game ever was probably kelethin.

• Locked thread