Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ztarlit_Sky
Mar 4, 2014
Nap Ghost

Waltzing Along posted:

Um. What's the point, then? With this in mind, why only show this game? I'm just confused.

I actually recorded all three games. Completely. Including Pinnacle Station. I had planned on doing an LP of all three games edited into something coherent. Then I thought...pretty much everyone has played these games or knows them. And how to do this in a way that is even remotely entertaining.

Then I put it aside.

I'm curious to see if you can make this worthwhile.

If you were willing to put in significant amounts of extra effort and a lot of editing out boring parts like Mako driving, you could attempt to style it as critique.

I know that's a lot to ask, but that is something I'd like to see if you're still on the fence.

There's a lot in the Mass Effect games that's handled well and much that's not handled well at all, from the perspective of gameplay as well as the writing. I doubt that such a thread would lend itself to well-reasoned discussion, but perhaps something good comes out of it. It may be worth the experiment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ztarlit_Sky
Mar 4, 2014
Nap Ghost

Waltzing Along posted:

I'd actually planned on leaving the Mako driving in. My idea was to do Luna ASAP and when you do the bunkers and come back to the Mako, have Joker inform you that he has managed to wire earth radio stations into the Mako. From that point forward, during Mako missions, I would include music catered to different party members. Like Liara would enjoy Top 40, Garrus Jazz and so on. With additional text displayed bickering as squadmates fight over the radio.

About midway through ME3 I started to really doubt the entire process. The flaws that became extremely apparent on what was now my 3rd playthrough really sapped my desire to share the game. I still have all the data backed up. Roughly 500 gigs of it. Might even be more.

With the Mako driving, I meant all the boring and tedious driving over (probably) procedurally generated, textured wastelands. Not the stuff that leads to missions or Mako missions. I kind of like those, but the exploration aspect was a plain joke.

I can fully understand if you no longer want to touch the game, I don't want to either.

You can also probably get an idea of the OP's views in the ME3 Games thread if you look at their posts only.

• Locked thread