Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Taking the term "Koopaling" to a whole new level since 2016.
Holy poo poo, there's a ton of extra stuff in this game if you take the time to go back and look around after some major plot point.

It's just so :psyduck:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

The Chimera's roar is goddamned terrifying to me. I first played this game years upon years ago, and I can still remember that thing's shrieks of rage as it tears Pigmasks into something resembling wet tissue paper.

Goddamn, this game is amazing. :allears:

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

DetectiveDorian posted:

Still, design-wise, the Ultimate Chimera is very interesting, no doubt. Despite being bright pink with a little bird on its head, it's still probably one of the more terrifying-looking monsters in this game, up to and including he Horseantula, which I personally would have expected in Silent Hill before I saw it in a Nintendo RPG.

Though, when you discover that bird's function, it becomes incredibly terrifying. It doesn't look horrifying, no, but it's only there to revive the monster if you should figure out how to stop it.

That bird has no idea the destruction it can wrought.

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Mega64 posted:

First idea is making image files with just the text

This seems to be the correct option. :colbert:

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Does this game have the shield that will reflect damage back to the attacker? Because that seems like it'd be so handy against the Mechorilla.

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Alxprit posted:

It does actually reduce the damage done in addition to dealing back that reduced damage. PSI Counter is the same. It's usually more efficient to go with the Shield varieties though, since you do get the party-wide versions of them much earlier.

Ah, okay. I don't remember when you get the party-wide version, or who learns it, but Shield sounds more effective for that fight.

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

I still believe in the Rope Snake.

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

EponymousMrYar posted:

Pretty sure the game mentions somewhere that Rope Snake only has enough weight tolerance for one person so it's not a surprise that when the entire team uses him he can't hold up.

I still believed in him.

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

For Healing Gamma, is it a guaranteed revive, or is it only like a 40% chance like in Earthbound?

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

A 3% drop for an ultimate weapon seems really, really generous. Then again, anything seems better than the 1/128 chance of some stuff, which is... .007%, if I did the math right.

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

I feel we'd be denied something very valuable if we didn't see every PSI technique.

Besides, don't you want all that juicy power?

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Oxxidation posted:

Porky hates everyone and everything (probably including himself) while at the same time half-heartedly jostling for their affection, so he fuels his misanthropy by feeling like he's always the wounded party. Little kids sometimes pitch a sulk and wish ill on everyone when they're upset. Porky never, ever let that feeling go.

He's basically a video game Eric Cartman.

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Great job, Mega. I haven't played this game in years, but the end still got to me.

I'm going to go eat my ice cream and cry somewhere.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

I'd like an avatar of a 16-hit combo, with Boney, doing over 600 damage. To a Baked Yam, even.

:v:

Seriously, though, this LP was fantastic, and I can't think of a better person to have done it.

Keep on rockin', Mega.

• Locked thread