Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bollig
Apr 7, 2006

Never Forget.
So I posted this in another thread, but this seems like the place to do it. I live in Europe, but I travel to the States once or twice a year for around two weeks at a time. It would be pretty silly to pay ~400 a year to have service all the time. Is there like a Tracphone type service where I can just top it up? Or just pay for a month of service? I'm getting a Moto G, for what it's worth. And there doesn't seem to be any difference coverage, where I travel, as far as networks are concerned. I'm about to head over, and I'm hoping to port my old number. While this isn't a complete priority, to keep my old number, it would be swell. Otherwise, I'm just going to port it to Google Voice.

I honestly don't need all that much, data wise, just enough to be able to pull up the occasional map if/when I get lost and then maybe surf yelp or something like that in case my idiot friends can't decide where to eat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bollig
Apr 7, 2006

Never Forget.

whatever7 posted:

I believe Black Wireless is very traveler friendly and let you buy the sim first and activate the sim when you arrive U.S.

Check ebay.

Looks promising. But then let's say I travel in the next couple weeks and then again say at christmas? Will I lose my number if I don't keep paying it?