Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SwimmingSpider
Jan 3, 2008

Jön, jön, jön a vizipók.
Várják már a tólakók.
Ez a kis pók ügyes búvár.
Sok új kaland is még rá vár.
Just from her actions in Metroid II and Super Metroid and some dialog in Fusion you can see how Samus' feelings toward the Baby Metroid evolve from pity, to guilt, to respect and gratitude to possibly even some level of maternal love and it's a shame that that element of the story can never be discussed again without the specter of Other M tainting it and making it seem ridiculous.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

matrix ripoff
Mar 16, 2005

~~~~~~~
i only suck dick in self defense
~~~~~~~
and at the bookstore
~~~~~~~
zac gorman is so loving twee, on the nose and self indulgent that my rear end in a top hat starts itching every time i see one of his cartoons

fronz
Apr 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

matrix ripoff posted:

zac gorman is so loving twee, on the nose and self indulgent that my rear end in a top hat starts itching every time i see one of his cartoons

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

matrix ripoff posted:

Dec 26, 2012

matrix ripoff posted:

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

I never played other M or read the plot should I leave the narrative pure as snow?

PoontifexMacksimus
Feb 14, 2012

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug

matrix ripoff posted:

Soral
May 30, 2009

Widestancer posted:

I never played other M or read the plot should I leave the narrative pure as snow?

the story of other m is ridley is secretly a species of alien and not just one dude and that samus is a weak baby who needs men to boss her around and save her from her ptsd episodes

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

why would you make your comic a gif and just move like two things in each panel. that doesnt make it better.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Soral posted:

the story of other m is ridley is secretly a species of alien and not just one dude and that samus is a weak baby who needs men to boss her around and save her from her ptsd episodes

That sounds bad so I will not be playing that entry and will be playing Fusion instead once I finish the Super Metroid Zero rom hack Hog Butcher introduced to me.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
how are you likin' it so far

Lt. Danger
Dec 22, 2006

jolly good chaps we sure showed the hun

thumbs down!

Pikachu
Feb 6, 2010

DANGER DANGER
HIGH VOLTAGE

Widestancer posted:

Other M didn't happen :colbert:

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Hog Butcher posted:

how are you likin' it so far

I love it

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax
didn't Samus give the baby Metroid to the Federation to vivisect in the name of science?

p sure canon Samus prior to like Fusion is a remorseless killing machine

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Anatidaephobia posted:

Other M didn't happen :colbert:

In a recent Nintendo press release they called other:M a "spinoff".

It's not a mainline game it's in the same category as Pinball and Hunters.

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax
Metroid: Battered Housewife

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

The Sharmat posted:

Metroid: Battered Housewife

Kraid gets angry when he's hungry

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax
that's a pretty badass pic without the text. I wish she were Samus instead of the zero suit Samus we got

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

The Sharmat posted:

didn't Samus give the baby Metroid to the Federation to vivisect in the name of science?

don't go into metroid canon, it is weird as poo poo

Pikachu
Feb 6, 2010

DANGER DANGER
HIGH VOLTAGE

The Sharmat posted:

Metroid research could find a source of abundant free energy, so presumably for that reason even though later it turns out that the galactic federation are trying to clone them to use as a bioweapon

itt I carepost about the Metroid plot

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax
that plot's never going to go anywhere. Which is kind of a sad waste because it would be cool to get to kill some Federation marines for variety in between Space Pirate genocide

WhenInRome
Jun 17, 2011

hmm, what's my thinly-veiled excuse to draw boobs going to be today

Pikachu
Feb 6, 2010

DANGER DANGER
HIGH VOLTAGE

The Sharmat posted:

that plot's never going to go anywhere. Which is kind of a sad waste because it would be cool to get to kill some Federation marines for variety in between Space Pirate genocide

I don't think Nintendo would go for it

Even if they did the galactic federation has been a good source of income for samus since they're basically incapable of doing anything important themselves, no sense in murdering your best customer

But yeah after fusion those fuckers have it coming

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax
I've never been completely clear on whether Samus actually gets paid. I get the vague feeling that Nintendo doesn't actually know what bounty hunters are.

I'm ok with Samus just taking Space Pirate jobs for free because she's a genocidal maniac, though

Pikachu
Feb 6, 2010

DANGER DANGER
HIGH VOLTAGE

The Sharmat posted:

I've never been completely clear on whether Samus actually gets paid. I get the vague feeling that Nintendo doesn't actually know what bounty hunters are.

I'm ok with Samus just taking Space Pirate jobs for free because she's a genocidal maniac, though

When they first came up with the concept they literally didn't, they just wanted a cool character like Han Solo

I think Zero Mission or something mentions a contract, which would suggest that she does take missions for profit, obviously wouldn't get paid for stuff like Metroid Prime where she's acting of her own volition

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

The Sharmat posted:

Isn't the famous story that when the prime dudes were taking to the metroid creator about ideas about a game where samus went across the universe hunting bounties and he didn't know wtf a bounty hunter was.

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax
in the ending of Prime 2 she actually seems kinda pissed, like the Luminoth bounced a check or something

big duck equals goose
Nov 7, 2006

by XyloJW
i tried to shoot the baby Metroid like with every single beam to kill it and missles and poo poo and was so angry it wasn't murderd in the snes classic : super Metroid.

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax
Other M 2 is about Samus's struggle with abortion guilt

SwimmingSpider
Jan 3, 2008

Jön, jön, jön a vizipók.
Várják már a tólakók.
Ez a kis pók ügyes búvár.
Sok új kaland is még rá vár.
yeah im p sure the just thought bounty hunter meant "space hero".

ZOOP MASTER 50 CAL
Apr 14, 2004

baby hipster pope

The Sharmat posted:

i like to imagine this happens right after the end of prime 3 just to tie together the brilliant double entendre of "corruption" both referring to the space pirates getting all hopped up on phazon, and the galactic federation government having turned into a hosed up oligarchy that thinks nothing of "researching phazon applications" on its soliders "for peaceful purposes" and other lies that make good authoritarian propaganda

prime trilogy is good y'all

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
didn't all the phazon get denatured

ZOOP MASTER 50 CAL
Apr 14, 2004

baby hipster pope

Hog Butcher posted:

didn't all the phazon get denatured

it was all eventually converted into pepsi blue

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

medibot posted:

it was all eventually converted into pepsi blue

all of the troopers' PED devices still generate it but now the activation tool has been replaced by a straw

trooper diabetes up 30%

Dec 26, 2012

The Sharmat posted:

in the ending of Prime 2 she actually seems kinda pissed, like the Luminoth bounced a check or something

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax

Hog Butcher posted:

all of the troopers' PED devices still generate it but now the activation tool has been replaced by a straw

trooper diabetes up 30%

Science Team rules

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

matrix ripoff posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZOOP MASTER 50 CAL
Apr 14, 2004

baby hipster pope

The Sharmat posted:

Science Team rules

• Locked thread