Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
is that from the same guy who makes all those comics about people being turned into clothes

I remember that poo poo from the old YCS webcomics thread and I refuse to believe that more than one person could have that hosed up fetish

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A surfing dog?!
Apr 23, 2006

Tom captured by mechanical arms. In his body a strange serumwas ijected.It transfomed his body into a plastic substance. Next was a furnace that give him a new form. Next cuting and painting. And now we have a perfect statue of samus aran

Dec 26, 2012

well thatw as not what i was expecting from this thread

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug

01011001 posted:

well thatw as not what i was expecting from this thread

If you don't respect samus as a trans icon please get the hell out

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

notZaar posted:

The combination of horrible fantasy and child like technical execution really gives that image serial killer vibes.

Turning your victims into anime figurines would be like some pathetic version of House of Wax.

Pikachu
Feb 6, 2010

DANGER DANGER
HIGH VOLTAGE

The Taint Reaper posted:

Turning your victims into anime figurines would be like some pathetic version of House of Wax.

Doomed to spend eternity as some greasy nerds touhou figurine collection

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
The same guys who are putting out those Fire Emblem PVC figures are making a Samus and Zelda one.

Get ready for a flood of sexualized Nintendo characters.

Dec 26, 2012

But Rocks Hurt Head posted:

If you don't respect samus as a trans icon please get the hell out

honestly speaking i havent seen much of that which is kind of a surprise

then again i havent been looking due to not being some weird broken shell of a person so

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax
I wish I cold be melted down and molded into the beautiful Samus I know I am on the inside

wafflemoose
Apr 10, 2009

Been replaying Metroid Prime, what a baller game. Too bad Other M had to go and poo poo up the series. Authorizing upgrades? Traumatized at fighting Ridley dispute killing him in other games? Really? You're supposed to FIND upgrades in a Metroid game, not be told when it's okay to use them, and Samus is supposed to be this badass bounty hunter who takes no poo poo from anyone, not a blubbering bitch. They need to make a new Prime game or remake the Trilogy in HD, it'd be an instant buy.

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax
I thought they were remaking the trilogy in HD for the Wii U (which means I'm never getting it)

Pikachu
Feb 6, 2010

DANGER DANGER
HIGH VOLTAGE

Starhawk64 posted:

Been replaying Metroid Prime, what a baller game. Too bad Other M had to go and poo poo up the series. Authorizing upgrades? Traumatized at fighting Ridley dispute killing him in other games? Really? You're supposed to FIND upgrades in a Metroid game, not be told when it's okay to use them, and Samus is supposed to be this badass bounty hunter who takes no poo poo from anyone, not a blubbering bitch. They need to make a new Prime game or remake the Trilogy in HD, it'd be an instant buy.

What? you just ran through a room full of boiling lava? Turn on your varia suit you loving idiot

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

The Sharmat posted:

I thought they were remaking the trilogy in HD for the Wii U (which means I'm never getting it)

they arent for some reason

wafflemoose
Apr 10, 2009

Pikachu posted:

What? you just ran through a room full of boiling lava? Turn on your varia suit you loving idiot

Can't, Adam wouldn't authorize it. :sigh:

In the other games, you would just get the gently caress out, go somewhere else and find the Varia suit, usually after a boss fight.

wafflemoose fucked around with this message at 01:40 on Jul 25, 2014

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax

Silver Striker posted:

they arent for some reason

maybe that means they're gonna make a new prime?

although then I'd have to get a Wii U so I don't know how I feel about that

Pikachu
Feb 6, 2010

DANGER DANGER
HIGH VOLTAGE

Starhawk64 posted:

Can't, Adam wouldn't authorize it. :sigh:

In the other games, you would just get the gently caress out, go somewhere else and find the Varia suit, usually after a boss fight.

that's the joke :ssh:

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax
Adam-sama is no joke. He has a perfect military mind and is dreamy and fatherly at the same time

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

The Sharmat posted:

Adam-sama is no joke. He has a perfect military mind and is dreamy and fatherly at the same time

So he's Master Chief?

Pikachu
Feb 6, 2010

DANGER DANGER
HIGH VOLTAGE

The Sharmat posted:

perfect military mind

"Samus, you're the most competent person in the galaxy. if you want to help, turn off all your powerups to handicap yourself for no reason. you'll make the rest of us look bad."

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
Other M also had a pretty poo poo default control scheme if you used the wii-mote. Pressing the same button did something different depending on where the controller was facing.

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax
Well he wiimote only has so many buttons and they refused to let you use anything else so

wafflemoose
Apr 10, 2009

Wiimote+Nunchuck made Metroid Prime a blast to play though. Motion controls are fun if done right. Then again, Prime is a baller game and Other M is a poo poo game.

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax
Metroid Prime trilogy by itself justifies the purchase of a Wii imo

SwimmingSpider
Jan 3, 2008

Jön, jön, jön a vizipók.
Várják már a tólakók.
Ez a kis pók ügyes búvár.
Sok új kaland is még rá vár.
One thing people always admit about Other M is that at least the game looks good, and to that I'm like 'what?' The art design is p much poo poo compared to Prime. Even if you discount Prime entirely pretty much every Metroid game except for maybe 1 looks better than Other M. Other M is just a failure every level.

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

i tried to play other m and i was basically put to sleep because the intro stuff is so unbelievably boring

and nobody really knows what nintendo is doing with the series after other m because it sold poorly

hopefully they dont just kill the series off

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

The Sharmat posted:

Well he wiimote only has so many buttons and they refused to let you use anything else so

konjak, the dude who did legend of princess/noitu love, uses metroid fusion as a good example of game design (not the cutscenes) and the morph ball's contextual control scheme is an example

this is a counter-example

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug
hey here's a good idea let's talk about the faults and failings of other m for another ten pages

maybe we can get some mother freakin sales figures up in hurr

wafflemoose
Apr 10, 2009

Silver Striker posted:

hopefully they dont just kill the series off

Nintendo's been neglecting their sci-fi franchises for years now. The last F-Zero game was GX back in 2003, and with Mariokart 8 stealing the only gimmick F-Zero had there's probably not gonna be another one. The last Starfox game was the god-awful Command in 2006, although there's rumors of a new game in the works, and Metroid Other M was released in 2010.

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

But Rocks Hurt Head posted:

hey here's a good idea let's talk about the faults and failings of other m for another ten pages

maybe we can get some mother freakin sales figures up in hurr

yea other m discussion tends 2 suck real hard my bad on the post

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

Starhawk64 posted:

Nintendo's been neglecting their sci-fi franchises for years now. The last F-Zero game was GX back in 2003, and with Mariokart 8 stealing the only gimmick F-Zero had there's probably not gonna be another one. The last Starfox game was the god-awful Command in 2006, although there's rumors of a new game in the works, and Metroid Other M was released in 2010.

there aren't any rumors dawg it was straight up confirmed at e3

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
Original Metroid has been re-released more times to the point where it's almost outnumbering the actual series.

NES Metroid
Wii Metroid
Wii-U Metroid
3DS eshop Metroid
Metroid prime Bonus Link Cable Metroid
Metroid Zero Mission Bonus Metroid
NES Classics metroid

The Taint Reaper fucked around with this message at 03:29 on Jul 25, 2014

fronz
Apr 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

Starhawk64 posted:

who cares lol

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

space games suck.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

fronz posted:

who cares lol

SO YOU REALLY WANT TO BE PLAYING ASSASSIN'S CREED SISTERHOOD XXVXX AND CALL OF DUTY 45 IN THE YEAR 2025 FOR ALL OF VIDEOGAMES HAVE BECOME A WASTELAND OF BROWN?

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
You're lamenting the dearth of Metroid games in the same breath that you're complaining about sequels to popular franchises

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

notZaar posted:

You're lamenting the dearth of Metroid games in the same breath that you're complaining about sequels to popular franchises

Yes but the sequels are not Metroid related and are therefore inferior icky cootie games for people who bullied me in elementary school to play.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Starhawk64 posted:

actually the latest F-Zero game was Super Smash Bros. Brawl released in 2008. The last Starfox game was also released in 2008, titled Super Smash Bros. Brawl. As for Metroid, there's in fact a new game starring Samus is due to be released later this year, with th working title Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Chief Queef posted:

actually the latest F-Zero game was Super Smash Bros. Brawl released in 2008. The last Starfox game was also released in 2008, titled Super Smash Bros. Brawl. As for Metroid, there's in fact a new game starring Samus is due to be released later this year, with th working title Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS.

Captain Falcon has become like Mai from King of Fighters.

People think they're originally from the Spinoff series and not realize the character once had their own game series.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dec 26, 2012

Starhawk64 posted:

if mariokart 8 stole f-zero's gimmick, does it really matter that theres no f-zero?

• Locked thread