Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr. Kurtz
Feb 22, 2007

Here comes the hurdy gurdy man.
I tried for months to get through Streets of Rage 3 with my roommate, but there was some part full of ninjas or something where I'd always die. I hoped it was near the end of the game, but I guess I'll never know :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Kurtz
Feb 22, 2007

Control Volume posted:

Dark Souls II is a huge game, larger than its forebear and it offers perhaps the greatest sense of discovery, victory and, at times, frustration of any video game yet made. There is something mystical in its secrecy, in the obscured rules and storyline that compel you to explore deeper and deeper; there is something primal in the David vs. Goliath stand-offs with hulking beasts and the satisfaction of licking your wounds by a bonfire thereafter; there is something human in the delight at defining your character according to your own individual whims and tastes, choosing their weapons and armour and particular aptitudes; there is something playful in the risk/reward dynamic of venturing back into the world to collect what was dropped at the point at which you were last felled.

Dark Souls II is an extraordinary game. If it stops short of fulfilling something precious within the soul, it certainly has the heart, mind and fingers covered.

The best part about DaS Dos is that is keeps track of the number of times you died. I think on my first playthrough I died something like 289 times.

Now if only they'd break it down into Falls, Bosses, and Misc.

Mr. Kurtz
Feb 22, 2007

Has anyone ever beaten Zombies Ate My Neighbors? I remember I could always get to this haunted mansion place with this huge spider that would destroy me every time.

That game loving kicked rear end.

• Locked thread