Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Dashticle posted:

The final boss on Donkey Kong 64 I think I still never cleared it. For a while every two years or so I would hook up the N64 again and give it a go and then give up after a couple of hours.

Basically you had to beat the boss with each character (of which there were four) three times. Each round gave you less and less margin for error and involved you needing to stand in exactly the right spot before attacking/hover in place and hit 4 tiny targets in a couple of seconds/perform a dodge-the-pushers minigame/whatever argh it's making me angry just thinking about it. If you hosed it up you had to do the whole thing from the very beginning. Can't remember another game section that made me that pissed off.

It was especially jarring because all the other bosses were pussies apart from that jack in the box one and at least he died through the tried and trusted 'knock me down then hit me x3' method.

I could never get the Nintendo Coin via beating the old-school Donkey Kong arcade game, so I never even got to that part.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread