Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

Zesty Mordant posted:

I was reminded in another thread of Timesplitters 2, a fantastic game that had some very hard story levels as well. The Easy and Normal difficulties were fair enough, but Hard sent it into a new dimension. Level one is a stealth mission, and the number of enemies/cameras increases drastically to the point that not moving at the EXACT right time and killing all the bad guys in EXACTLY the right order at the right time results in a fail. Not to mention the helicopter you have to fight with a stationary gun at the end when a single bullet can kill you. I managed to make it to level four. I did get to level seven by playing co-op by myself and essentially getting two lives-- 7 is a wild west scenario that begins with a guy shooting you within the first second and depleting most of your life, so it was pretty much necessary. after that it's basically High Noon but you're outnumbered 50 to one. I never managed to not get shot at the start. Still couldn't beat it.

I was really into Tomesplitters 2 and tried to get the best medals on all of the not-story-mode challenge stuff. There was one level, capture the flag with monks vs. golems or some poo poo, that I could never do better than bronze on. It drove me crazy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread