Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Captain Lavender
Oct 21, 2010

verb the adjective noun

TrampolineTales posted:

The first one that comes to mind is Maverick Bird. Probably because the OP mentioned Flappy Bird. Either way, the game's basically Flappy Bird meets Super Hexagon (which makes sense, since the developer of this game MADE Super Hexagon). On a related note, Super Hexagon is a great game that's also very difficult at later levels.

I was going to mention Super Hexagon myself. People get playtime anywhere from like 3hrs to 20hrs+ to beat it, which distills down to 6 minutes of successful gameplay.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Lavender
Oct 21, 2010

verb the adjective noun

Uzi Suicide posted:

6 min???

You are truly a God of memorization and twitch reflexes! :worship:

I can get maybe a couple of minutes max. :(

/my go to game for plane rides.

Nah, sorry. I mean there are 6 main levels and each makes you go a straight minute. So that all the hours you put in represent 6 minutes of success.

Captain Lavender
Oct 21, 2010

verb the adjective noun

Zesty Mordant posted:

F-Zero GX

I had to look up a Youtube to see it being won on Very Hard because I earnestly thought it was impossible. This guy is obviously very good and he kills it, but just to give you an idea: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ePCB7Rv0bPI

Help me out on this video. You say it's a wall-less track, but it looks like he's bouncing of the side and getting a boost for it. Is there some glitch or mechanic he's exploiting? I can't figure it out.

Captain Lavender
Oct 21, 2010

verb the adjective noun

NmareBfly posted:

Yeah, it's called.. um. Shift-boosting, I think? You go off the track for one frame then back on to get a speed boost. Just watch this. Watch this and have an existential crisis:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dvrepvisxA0

They explain the technique at 2:10 or so but... just watch the whole run.

E: v-- :hfive:

Golly.

I can't even fathom how you discover crazy things like that. It's just like the Zelda: OoT speed runs - where you sequence break, to get bugs, so you can drop them in a special spot, so that you can clip through a door, and then move just right to trick the game into thinking you're at Gannon, all within a few minutes of starting the game.

Captain Lavender
Oct 21, 2010

verb the adjective noun

Walton Simons posted:

I love FTL but the final boss is the biggest double-hard boss in gaming I've ever known.

Man, that mother ship would still be super hard with just 2 phases. At least that'd be more reasonable on Normal or something.

• Locked thread