Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

I had rented and enjoyed Road Rash 2, so I begged for Road Rash 3 for my birthday one year. Wish granted, I spent a lot of hours trying to beat it. I tried every strategy from perfect races and still having the crappy starting bike in level 3. I'd beat the Brazil course 30 times to get the expensive bike. Then I gave up.

This is a fair approximation of how Road Rash 3 goes. The faster bikes are sensitive as they can be and spin out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YLo-cf-L1yk

(Except you quickly learn to drive on the correct side of the road at all costs.)

The game does crap like this to you. This guy makes a single mistake on the Kenya course in level 1 - and it's not even a bad mistake as he's immediately back on the bike - but doesn't get another chance to challenge the leaders to qualify.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dqL1M8Y7b6o

I dug up the game a couple of years ago, determined to beat it. I wrote down the passwords after every single race I qualified. I figured out which bike was the best combination of speed and weight.

So after about a month of passwords and work, I qualify on all five races at level 5. Then, I find out that you cannot beat the game because there is no mechanism to allow you to do so. No acknowledgement of your achievement, no game over, no congratulations, no changes on the screen, nothing. You just get to play level 5 infinitely.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread