Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed
I had heard so much great stuff about Dark/Demons Souls from others and my husband, as well as the Metal Gear Solid series, I had played none. So I set a goal to play MGS 1-4 and both Dark Souls and Demons Souls before the respective sequels came out.

I didn't even really enjoy Metal Gear until the third game; the controls didn't age very well and it was difficult for the sake of being outdated because of it, I did however love Snake Eater and Guns of the Patriots. The amount of ways you can manipulate and work with the environments is just spectacular. I gave it a cursory 'normal' playthrough but my husband is the 'Boss Extreme' mode type of guy and man is that difficult, let's just say he can't stand the song "Snake Eater" any more. Also, SE introduced me to one of my now favourite video game characters ever: The Boss. She is so drat cool.

Dark Souls and Demons Souls were a huge accomplishment for me because I'm a big chicken and was scared of everything. I've always loved Elder Scrolls games but have never been one use a shield or be defensive, so playing both games really shook that up because that's not really an option, especially if you're new to the games. They lacked in some departments but I definitely had to take time to think about how I was approaching areas of the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread