Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
uublog
Jul 19, 2012

"World Champions. WORLD FUCKING CHAMPIONS." - Chase Utley, October 31, 2008; Broad Street, Philadelphia, PA

Zamboni Jesus posted:

he has a pretty good chance at shattering kiner's homerun record of 69 though

nice

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

toadee
Aug 16, 2003

North American Turtle Boy Love Association

Every now and then, the sim is so eerily similar to real life it's kind of spooky.

Take Daniel Bard's line here for instance http://whatifsports.com/slb/Boxscore.aspx?gid=23054583&pid=1&pbp=0&tf=10

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

:siren:Caught Cubs Posting:siren:
welp time to shuffle ol' Danny boy back to AAA for a while

uublog
Jul 19, 2012

"World Champions. WORLD FUCKING CHAMPIONS." - Chase Utley, October 31, 2008; Broad Street, Philadelphia, PA
I don't think he'll have any more success there...

toadee
Aug 16, 2003

AHAHAHAHA holy poo poo, I was going off of my memory of his time with the Red Sox. Im pretty sure I could put up better than a 175 ERA in the Sally league.

Ivan Drago
Jan 17, 2003

toadee posted:

AHAHAHAHA holy poo poo, I was going off of my memory of his time with the Red Sox. Im pretty sure I could put up better than a 175 ERA in the Sally league.
One of the many Rangers minor league reports from around the brief time he was with the team:

"Ricardo Rodriguez (5 IP, 3 H, 2 BB, 6 S) and Angelo Leclerc (4 IP, 1 H, 1 BB, 2 SO) combined for nine innings of scoreless ball. Between them, Daniel Bard walked two and hit two, all of whom would score. Bard has a dumbfounding opposing line of .000/.889/.000. He's faced 18 batters, 16 of them reaching via walk or HBP."

Scrotos
Sep 8, 2003

:gonk:
Is there a way to not have scores of the game ruined when trying to check boxscores?

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

Scrotos posted:

Is there a way to not have scores of the game ruined when trying to check boxscores?

If you're talking about your own games you can click on Game Results from the front page of WIS and the play-by-play only. If you're talking about the whole league then I'm not sure.

Scrotos
Sep 8, 2003

Devo posted:

If you're talking about your own games you can click on Game Results from the front page of WIS and the play-by-play only. If you're talking about the whole league then I'm not sure.

Thank you good sir, game results is what I wanted.

Bob Shabazz
Oct 21, 2008

At 12:17 a.m. MU police spotted Mauk, 19, run a stop sign while driving his scooter east on Kentucky Boulevard - with two female passengers on board.

uublog
Jul 19, 2012

Far as I can tell if things continue as they are now, two teams will get hosed out of a playoff spot, the runners-up in the NL East (probably me) and AL West

AlleyViper
Sep 15, 2007

Oh, there's plenty of other balls in the sea. Plus, you're not very talented.

AKA every single prog season

uublog
Jul 19, 2012

AlleyViper posted:

AKA every single prog season

Worst second-place finishes by division:
NL East: 78 wins, Ivan, 1952
NL West: 81 wins, gardenald, 1951
AL East: 73 wins, AU, 1952
AL West: 89 wins, Bob, 1946; ZJ, 1949; Bob, 1949 :psyduck: you weren't kidding

Speaking of incredible things that don't seem possible, of all the great Al Rosen Facts there have been and will be this season, my favorite is that he has 84 hits through 46 games, a pace which, if he keeps, would get him 296 and demolish 1948 Stan's record of 265.

Pumpkin McPastry
Mar 8, 2004

What else do I have to do to impress you people?
NL West produced two 100-win teams that missed the playoffs in 1947.

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

1947 didn't happen

Zamboni Jesus
Jul 3, 2007

We don't really care about what that bug-eyed fat walrus has to say

Devo posted:

1947 didn't happen

1947 owned

e: 1946 is the only season where more than one team in the al west finished below .500. this year might finally break that streak though because my team is looking a bit rough. 1946 is also the only year that the winner of the al west didn't win more than 100 games

Zamboni Jesus fucked around with this message at 18:26 on Sep 6, 2014

Pumpkin McPastry
Mar 8, 2004

Devo posted:

1947 didn't happen

If you do the math, the team that won the division in 1947 won even more games than the other two.

uublog
Jul 19, 2012

:ughh:

p cool how I lost because of a literally dead Yo-Yo

:ughh: :ughh: :ughh:

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Weekend at Bernie'd Yo-yo also started every game of a sweep of Toadee a few days ago :o

uublog
Jul 19, 2012

Power of Pecota posted:

a sweep of Toadee

:crossarms: :what:

uublog posted:

of all the great Al Rosen Facts there have been and will be this season, my favorite is that he has 84 hits through 46 games, a pace which, if he keeps, would get him 296 and demolish 1948 Stan's record of 265.

nope I just found a new one: We're 49 games in, and his number of hitless games is the same as his number of strikeouts this season - five. His BABIP, completely out of context and without any others to compare it to, is .376. That's probably not even in the top 5 this season, honestly

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Whoops, Ivan. I thought Toadee was Pittsburgh. My level of interest in this season is showing~

uublog
Jul 19, 2012

Power of Pecota posted:

Whoops, Ivan. I thought Toadee was Pittsburgh. My level of interest in this season is showing~

Haha I was gonna say, if you swept toadee I wouldn't still be 4 games back

How am I still 4 games back?? toadee stop winning so much!!

uublog
Jul 19, 2012

Al Rosen has gone 10 games without a home run :aaaaa:

Pumpkin McPastry
Mar 8, 2004

uublog posted:

Al Rosen has gone 10 games without a home run :aaaaa:

Schoendienst has slipped below .400/.500/.600 :(

toadee
Aug 16, 2003

Gene Woodling went 2 for 4 and lowered his OBP :(

gardenald
Jul 23, 2007

In the end, it comes down to throwing one pitch after another, and seeing what happens. With each new consequence, the game begins to take shape.
Larry Doby owns a lot

Pumpkin McPastry
Mar 8, 2004

So bummed I didn't get to draft Doby or Minoso.

Zamboni Jesus
Jul 3, 2007

We don't really care about what that bug-eyed fat walrus has to say

Pumpkin McPastry posted:

So bummed I didn't get to draft Doby or Minoso.

gently caress your solly hemus

Pumpkin McPastry
Mar 8, 2004

Zamboni Jesus posted:

gently caress your solly hemus

Your complaints should all be directed to Art.

uublog
Jul 19, 2012

Pumpkin McPastry posted:

So bummed I didn't get to draft Mickey or Willie.

I mean, Minnie's pretty cool and all. He's .346/.416/.505, with 8 homers. He's 13-22 stealing bases, which is weird because he has like 86 speed. And he's made 8 errors in 54 games because his D+/C- defense is literally the best of my full-time OF. (That's admittedly my own fault, though tbh, gently caress defense get bats.) But yeah. Though Willie wouldn't be contributing to Slugfest '53, so... s'all good if I don't miss the playoffs this season, I guess

I'm still stunned at how not awful my pitching has been. I don't have anyone in the majors now with an ERA above 5.00! That's probably because I've gotten really lucky. Johnny Klippstein, for example, has a .304 OAV, 1.86 WHIP, and 2 strikeouts to 9 walks in 14 innings, but only a 3.21 ERA magically.

Pumpkin McPastry
Mar 8, 2004

Minoso always stole at a crazy bad percentage so that part is accurate. Pretty sure everything he did - good and bad- made him more entertaining.

uublog
Jul 19, 2012

Before today, I had won all seven of my games against PMP by a combined score of 41-17. Today, I've already lost two games to PMP by a combined score of 17-3.

You just can't predict fake baseball, Suzyn.

uublog
Jul 19, 2012

uublog posted:

Before today, I had won all seven of my games against PMP by a combined score of 41-17. Today, I've already lost two games to PMP by a combined score of 17-3.

You just can't predict fake baseball, Suzyn.

ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh kill me plz

e: wait what the gently caress

Bob Shabazz
Oct 21, 2008

At 12:17 a.m. MU police spotted Mauk, 19, run a stop sign while driving his scooter east on Kentucky Boulevard - with two female passengers on board.
Billy Goodman has yet to strike out in September, only has 4 all season.

uublog
Jul 19, 2012

All-Star break!

irl All-Stars posted:

code:
AL All-Stars                              NL All-Stars
1. Billy Goodman                2B       1. Pee Wee Reese                SS
2. Mickey Vernon                1B       2. Red Schoendienst             2B
3. Hank Bauer                   RF       3. Stan Musial                  LF
4. Mickey Mantle                CF       4. Ted Kluszewski               1B
5. Al Rosen                     3B       5. Roy Campanella                C
6. Gus Zernial                  LF       6. Eddie Mathews                3B
7. Yogi Berra                    C       7. Gus Bell                     CF
8. Chico Carrasquel             SS       8. Enos Slaughter               RF
9. Billy Pierce                  P       9. Robin Roberts                 P

Reserves (includes players replaced due to injury)
   F Fain                       1B           G Hodges                     1B
   J Mize                       1B           G Hamner                     2B
   E Robinson                   1B           D Williams                   2B
   N Fox                        2B           D Crandall                   C 
   G Kell                       3B           C McCullough                 C 
   S White                      C            D Rice                       C 
   L Doby                       CF           W Westrum                    C 
   T Williams                   LF           R Ashburn                    CF
   M Minoso                     OF           D Snider                     CF
   B Hunter                     SS           R Kiner                      LF
   H Kuenn                      SS           C Furillo                    OF
   P Rizzuto                    SS           J Robinson                   OF
   M Garcia                     P            M Dickson                    P 
   B Lemon                      P            H Haddix                     P 
   S Paige                      P            C Simmons                    P 
   A Reynolds                   P            W Spahn                      P 
   J Sain                       P            G Staley                     P 
                                             H Wilhelm                    P 

Warren Spahn got the win, Allie Reynolds the loss, Murry Dickson the save.

Yes, Murry Dickson made the ASG by going 7-11 with a 4.76 ERA in 125 IP (17 starts), which is somehow better than what he's put up for me, a 5.20 in 106 IP (and now that I realize that I finally took him out of the rotation)

Pee Wee Reese, Enos Slaughter, Stan Musial, and Minnie Minoso (!) had two hits each. There wasn't much interesting about the game.

uublog
Jul 19, 2012

gently caress me I lost by 7 to gardenald :confused:

Pumpkin McPastry
Mar 8, 2004

Have fun being one of the two best teams in the NL with toadee only to lose to my bullshit squad in the NLCS :smug:

uublog
Jul 19, 2012

Hahaha I'm not gonna make the NLCS!

I think it's already pretty obvious that I'm finally gonna get my 100-win division loss, as it seems to be a rite of passage in this league.

e: btw :tipshat: scrotos for bullshitting his way to a division win! :bravo:

uublog fucked around with this message at 07:37 on Sep 19, 2014

Scrotos
Sep 8, 2003

uublog posted:

e: btw :tipshat: scrotos for bullshitting his way to a division win! :bravo:

You are just jealous of PMP and my divisons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

saffi faildotter
Mar 2, 2007

everyone sucks except harvey haddix and gus zernial

• Locked thread